REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #4676
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post
Wasn't Rudy unhappy at the beginning (or during off season) of last season? He was talking about the exact same thing - not having enough playing time. The whole Portland situation is messed up. They got rid of a great GM in Pritchard and then fired Cho after just one year at the job. I wonder wtf Paul Allen is thinking.
Portland has so much potential but they just can't click together. People were picking them over the Champs this year.

Names like Brandon Roy, Greg Oden, Gerald Wallace, and LaMarcus Aldridge make up the core. New additions Ray Felton and even Nolan Smith (4 years at Duke under Coach K) will have an impact. If Roy plays well, I can see them being very successful in the West.
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #4677
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
In other news, hypocrite Ron artest is set to change his name to metta world peace. I know he wants attention and wants to be view as a nice guy, but it's all too obvious he is all show with no real deep personality that's makes me want to take him seriously. There is a loose screw upstairs for that guy
Posted via RS Mobile
Artest is not a normal guy. You can't treat him like one. I don't think he's the type of people who fake stuffs for their own benefits. He raffled off his only ring for charity. Would a hypocrite does that?

And to answer the Portland question. They haven't been a healthy unit. In the NBA, if you're not healthy, you can't compete and will always lose, sooner or later. Greg Oden is pretty much Yao Ming all over again except Yao was unstoppable when he was healthy. Greg had nothing to show. Did you ever listen to the way he talk about his injury. It sounded hopeless. I believe Brandon Roy is a Tmac case--falling down once and never really getting up again. They need to learn from Houston, the way they handle their team after their superstar duo went out of business.

The Cavs are far from contending. Maybe in 5-7 years if they're lucky. Dan Gilbert needs to take a few grow-the-fuck-up and shut-the-fuck-up lessons from Mark Cuban.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #4678
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splmash View Post
Portland has so much potential but they just can't click together. People were picking them over the Champs this year.

Names like Brandon Roy, Greg Oden, Gerald Wallace, and LaMarcus Aldridge make up the core. New additions Ray Felton and even Nolan Smith (4 years at Duke under Coach K) will have an impact. If Roy plays well, I can see them being very successful in the West.
Oden is on a team option @ 9 million, Portland is probably not going to pick it up given his track record of injuries and giving Roy that max contract. I'm not so sure that Nolan Smith will have impact because they still have Patty Mills backing up Felton (who just looks sorta fat now for some reason). To top it off, Roy has lost most of his athleticism and it's unsure whether he'll play extended minutes in an 82 game season. The only bright spot (really) is LMA and maybe Wallace, after that I mean I wouldn't trust Wes Mathews to bring me to the promised land.
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:15 AM   #4679
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Artest is not a normal guy. You can't treat him like one. I don't think he's the type of people who fake stuffs for their own benefits. He raffled off his only ring for charity. Would a hypocrite does that?
Yes, A rich Mentally illed person, who would buy his reputation by taking a news spotlight of a charity auction so that people would believe he is genuine.

If he is genuine, He would donate silently, and not trying to steal the spotlight. Or changing his name to " peace". Why doesn't he do more community work and build reputation of "Artest", so that we can remember " Artest" as the Basketball player who fed the poor.

Now he is remembered as "Artest" the psycho idiot overrated Laker, who sold his championship ring on ebay"

I agreed with you that he is not normal. Something missing upstairs in his noodle box
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-27-2011, 01:20 AM   #4680

Quote:
Yes, A rich Mentally illed person, who would buy his reputation by taking a news spotlight of an charity auction so that people would believe he is genuine.

If he is genuine, He would donate silently, and not trying to steal the spotlight. Or changing his name to " peace". Why doesn't he do more community work and build reputation of "Artest", so that we can remember " Artest" as the Basketball player who fed the poor.

Now he is remembered as "Artest" the psycho idiot overrated Laker, who sold his championship ring on ebay"

I for one isn't fooled or blind....
Dude what are you talking about. He auctioned off his Championship Ring for charity just last year. He also won the Kennedy Citizen ship award for his charity work, raising more than $650,000 for mental awareness

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/feature...lth/index.html

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/04/26/a...hip/index.html
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #4681
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

anyone have ps3 and play nba 2k11 online?
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #4682
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

the NBA has officially locked out peeps ~ gg

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/06/30/lockout/index.html

Last edited by KuSouL; 06-30-2011 at 11:57 AM.
KuSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:16 PM   #4683
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
brb jumping off the lions gate br

Last edited by Qmx323; 06-30-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #4684
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
That is fucking bullshit.

Go Canucks Go then
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:39 PM   #4685
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

A capologist was on PTI and he sounded very pessimistic about the talks/negotiations. The 2 sides are so far apart in their talks.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #4686
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
I'm not fully siding with the owners because some of them are sneaky snakes, but I'm with the Commish on this, it's no way to run a business continuing down this same path, basically all the minor market teams (20+ teams) are losing money and are projected to continue to lose money until what, bankruptcy or until the american economy finds it's legs, for real ?

come on now, as an employee (NBA player) would you rather get paid a fair wage (which is still something ridiculous to normal standards) and still have a job that you love to do, or the alternative....

this video clip right here about some of the worst free agent signings in history shows how grossly overpaid some of these players are, mostly the stars not even necessarily superstars, i mean you can't dispute this is the reason the lockout is here.... did these professional ball players really think they were fucking immune to shitty economic situation around them, dudes is still expecting to get paid pre economy-collapse type of money, get real fags

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...ee-agents-ever
Old 07-01-2011, 02:01 AM   #4687
BT
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Really hope they can figure this out by the beginning of the season but it seems unlikely cause both sides are quite reluctant right now. Hopeful for a full '11-'12 NBA season.
BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:28 AM   #4688
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT View Post
Really hope they can figure this out by the beginning of the season but it seems unlikely cause both sides are quite reluctant right now. Hopeful for a full '11-'12 NBA season.

I am sure they will come to a settlement. They are not going to fuck up the whole season. They just cant; at least I refuse to believe they will.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #4689
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
I'm not fully siding with the owners because some of them are sneaky snakes, but I'm with the Commish on this, it's no way to run a business continuing down this same path, basically all the minor market teams (20+ teams) are losing money and are projected to continue to lose money until what, bankruptcy or until the american economy finds it's legs, for real ?

come on now, as an employee (NBA player) would you rather get paid a fair wage (which is still something ridiculous to normal standards) and still have a job that you love to do, or the alternative....

this video clip right here about some of the worst free agent signings in history shows how grossly overpaid some of these players are, mostly the stars not even necessarily superstars, i mean you can't dispute this is the reason the lockout is here.... did these professional ball players really think they were fucking immune to shitty economic situation around them, dudes is still expecting to get paid pre economy-collapse type of money, get real fags

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...ee-agents-ever
They're losing money because of poor management. They've been shooting themselves in the foot and now they want all players to pay for it. Look at David Kahn at Minny. The dude drafted and signed a tons of PGs then trade them away for next to nothing. You're right, poor contracts led to the team losing money but you're wrong blaming it on the players. Look at this year draft, the Spurs shipped away Hill for Leonard. They could overpay Hill but they didn't. Nobody forced Atlanta to overpay Joe Johnson. They gambled and lost.

OKC is a small market team and is extremely successful because of excellent management. San Antonio is also a small market team (with good viewership) and they've been the big boys for how long?

You need good management to keep contending. Owners like Dan Gilbert isn't. Owners like James Dolan isn't.

I, for one, hope the NBA will never ever ever impose a retarded hard cap like the NHL. The league will become a bunch of mediocre teams competing with each other. Magic and Bird couldn't reinvent the NBA playing with a bunch off scrubs.

Last edited by Nlkko; 07-01-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2011, 11:53 AM   #4690
Banned (ABWS)

http://deadspin.com/5816870/exclusiv...8-million-loss

"We've obtained audited financial data for the New jersey Nets covering the three fiscal years from June 2003 to June 2006. Though the numbers end five years ago, you can still see the roots of the argument that will have NBA owners, come midnight, again locking out their players. You can also see how a team makes money and how it pretends not to be making any money at all. "
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:01 PM   #4691
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

i'm guessing we're gonna have another 50 game season
KuSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:14 PM   #4692

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
They're losing money because of poor management. They've been shooting themselves in the foot and now they want all players to pay for it. Look at David Kahn at Minny. The dude drafted and signed a tons of PGs then trade them away for next to nothing. You're right, poor contracts led to the team losing money but you're wrong blaming it on the players. Look at this year draft, the Spurs shipped away Hill for Leonard. They could overpay Hill but they didn't. Nobody forced Atlanta to overpay Joe Johnson. They gambled and lost.

OKC is a small market team and is extremely successful because of excellent management. San Antonio is also a small market team (with good viewership) and they've been the big boys for how long?

You need good management to keep contending. Owners like Dan Gilbert isn't. Owners like James Dolan isn't.

I, for one, hope the NBA will never ever ever impose a retarded hard cap like the NHL. The league will become a bunch of mediocre teams competing with each other. Magic and Bird couldn't reinvent the NBA playing with a bunch off scrubs.

I have no doubts that the owners are to blame as well, that's the first thing i mentioned in my paragraph about them being sneaky, my point of view is fuck both the players and the owners in this, I'm with David Stern on it the whole way, to me Stern does not represent the owners in this fully, he has to appear like he is but really he's a middle man who knows both sides have major flaws in their arguments, and both sides are to blame.

the whole thing boils down to this simply, the players know they've been getting overpaid for a good decade, since the last lockout.... and they're basically saying hey stupid owners, yall dug yourselves into this hole it's on paper bitches..... totally disregarding the current economic situation that has changed not just the country but the world and they still expecting the same type of contracts with some minor tweaks and whatnot, come on really guy ?

so while you're planking your two Rolls Royce's, the guy who works security at the arena you play at has to go find another job to support his kids

Old 07-09-2011, 01:00 PM   #4693
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
haha

Deron Williams might play in Europe, while Sonny Weems signs a no opt-out contract with a lithuanian team

Last edited by Qmx323; 07-09-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:56 AM   #4694
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Is D-will playing in Turkey for money or to stay sharp? At some point He says " he loves to play and dont want to sit out from lockout" and the same time he talks about " Kobe and other stars can potentiall make more Money blah blah".... He's probably got over 30mil in the past 4 yrs.

Hopefully , they work something out soon these greedy bastards
Old 07-21-2011, 08:33 PM   #4695

Quote:
Is D-will playing in Turkey for money or to stay sharp? At some point He says " he loves to play and dont want to sit out from lockout" and the same time he talks about " Kobe and other stars can potentiall make more Money blah blah".... He's probably got over 30mil in the past 4 yrs.

Hopefully , they work something out soon these greedy bastards
He's playing for the Women, just look at what Turk and Okur is rolling with.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:24 AM   #4696
My homepage has been set to RS

damn the lockout! in the meantime.. kobe being young kobe!

FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:43 AM   #4697

^ Fuck.. Kobe actually went to Philippines? and Chris paul? wow, I wish I was back home lol
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:45 AM   #4698

wow, durant,Rose was there too lol
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:39 AM   #4699
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
:-feeling bummed out about the league filing a lawsuit against the players for "unfair labor practices." 2011 season is really in jeopardy. Get a deal done fellas!
Old 08-03-2011, 11:52 AM   #4700
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Watch the drew league games there sick nick young put up 60 and kd for 66 a lot of young talent in that league. The games in it too
Posted via RS Mobile
jaebomb is offline   Reply With Quote