REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #1976
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Lol... I don't think they can get a "sick" PG with the Cap hit they have.... Mario Chalmers ISN'T that bad...

I doubt Big Z signing there will scare anyone though...as long as they keep signing Older peeps, it's all good with me lol
I disagree. I think Big Z will be key for them in the playoffs.

As a Lakers fan, I predict Miami to steamroll other teams in the season but then get a rude awakening in the playoffs. Big Z is gonna help them get over that hump. Plus he played many years with LBJ, they already know how to play with each other.

Before this announcement, I was still pretty confident that Lakers would beat them next year if they met in the Finals, but now, I'm not so sure.
Advertisement
neo_geo74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:53 PM   #1977
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Big z's pretty good man, solid D nice and decent jumpers, hits 3's every once in a while
Posted via RS Mobile
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:57 PM   #1978
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
a bit soft don't u think...

z and bosh would get pummeled by gasol and bynum and probably perkins and big baby

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2010, 06:00 PM   #1979
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_geo74 View Post
I disagree. I think Big Z will be key for them in the playoffs.

As a Lakers fan, I predict Miami to steamroll other teams in the season but then get a rude awakening in the playoffs. Big Z is gonna help them get over that hump. Plus he played many years with LBJ, they already know how to play with each other.

Before this announcement, I was still pretty confident that Lakers would beat them next year if they met in the Finals, but now, I'm not so sure.
It could help them or it could hurt them... first thing that came to my mind is Shaq with the Suns...but we'll see I guess....but I guess, coming off the bench he won't be that bad.

As for Raja might be going to the lakers.. I like it...bringing in some great defenders
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:01 AM   #1980

Yeah a little but I think he'll be a great boost for them, he's held up against shaq and those guys alright
Posted via RS Mobile
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:57 AM   #1981
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
u need players like derrick fisher who is clutch in the playoffs
3's
3's

3's
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:19 AM   #1982
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Ray Allen returns to give Celtics reunited Big 3 for another try at NBA title
By Jimmy Golen (CP) – 12 hours ago
WALTHAM, Mass. — If the Miami Heat think they are going to waltz their way to an NBA championship now that they've put Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and LeBron James together, they should pay attention to Ray Allen.
"So much is being pointed to what we did here," Allen said Tuesday after completing his new contract with the Celtics. "But the question is whether they're ready to sacrifice — make the ultimate sacrifice. It's not about numbers. It's not about accolades. When we did this in '07, that's what we all knew and what we all said: It (personal glory) didn't matter.
"The question that was posed to us was, 'Who was going to take the last shot?' We all said, 'The guy who's open.'"
Allen agreed last week to a $20-million, two-year deal with the Celtics that helps the NBA's most-decorated franchise keep together the core that won an unprecedented 17th championship in 2008. Paul Pierce has also agreed to a new deal; it's expected to be signed later this week.
With those two all-stars back and joining Kevin Garnett, who has two years left on his contract, and emerging star Rajon Rondo, the Celtics have a chance to reach the NBA finals for the third time in four years. But to do so, they might have to go through the talents in South Beach.
"We look forward to playing them, for sure," Allen said at the Celtics' training facility. "We feel like we're the better team, like we're the team to beat in the East."
The old theory was that an NBA team needs two stars to win a title — think Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen with the Bulls, or Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal with the Lakers. But the Celtics upped the ante on that when they assembled their new Big Three in the summer of 2007.
Initially, there were doubts that the veteran stars would be able to work together after years of being the go-to guys on separate teams. But the three meshed seamlessly and won the NBA championship in their first year together.
The Heat created their superteam — on paper, at least; they haven't played a game yet — when they re-signed Wade and added James and Bosh.
But Allen said it's not so simple.
"Every year, the team that wins the championship sets the mould," Allen said. "We proved that it could work. But there were so many questions about us when we came in."
Getting Allen, Garnett and Pierce to accept that philosophy turned out to be easier than many suspected, mostly because they were all in their 30s and none of them had won an NBA title. James is 25 and Bosh is 26; Wade, who is 28, was a part of the Heat team that won it all in 2006.
"I got to my 12th year to really understand it," Allen said. "It is a sacrifice, and it takes the understanding to realize it."
In a 14-year career for Milwaukee, Seattle and Boston, Allen is second all-time in three-pointers and fifth among active players with 20,965 points. Allen, who turns 35 next week, averaged 16.3 points last season as the Celtics reached the NBA finals before losing in seven games to the Los Angeles Lakers.
After the NBA finals, Allen said, "It's obvious I don't want to be anywhere else."
Allen said on Tuesday his priorities were family first, winning second and "money was last." He held off enrolling his kids in school while he was making a decision, but he was glad to sign early so they could all relax for the summer.
"They call my jersey 'Daddy Celtics.' This is what they know and that meant a lot," said Allen, who listened to other offers and according to his agent could have gotten more elsewhere. "I'm always willing to do that, but at the same time I'm a loyal person. I know when I've got a great situation and that's what I have here."
Allen said that when he first signed with the Celtics, a woman came up to him at a restaurant and said, "I liked you better with Seattle." He figured she meant that he would have better numbers and be a bigger star with the SuperSonics.
He disagreed.
"I like myself better here," he said, "knowing that we're going to win games; we're going to have a chance to win championships."

Source:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...LJh3oltHzj9hBg
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:06 AM   #1983
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Lakers still going to win it all. I'm not worried
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:13 AM   #1984
Banned (BBM)

no wayyy

go heatttt loll

now i wonna hear some news regarding AI coming back
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #1985
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
no wayyy

go heatttt loll

now i wonna hear some news regarding AI coming back
Apparently AI is training very hard in Atlanta right now, hoping to return to the NBA this season.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:06 AM   #1986
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
I love Iverson, my favorite player since I was a young kid he really deserves a ring.

So does Nash.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:18 AM   #1987
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post
Apparently AI is training very hard in Atlanta right now, hoping to return to the NBA this season.
sweet baby jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:26 PM   #1988

Quote:
It could help them or it could hurt them... first thing that came to my mind is Shaq with the Suns...but we'll see I guess....but I guess, coming off the bench he won't be that bad.

As for Raja might be going to the lakers.. I like it...bringing in some great defenders
are we getting raja?! NICE !!
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #1989
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkchoi0801 View Post
Sorry but you're just a jealous tool. Contract is over. An athlete has every right in the world to choose where he / she wants to play for. STFU please.
How am I jealous?

I understand he can choose to go where ever he wants to, it's his right. It's just that he had that 1 hr bs special to announce it. That was so stupid, he basically spat in the face of Cleveland. That and the fact that he chose to be Robin instead of Batman.

Anyway, the more I think about them, I think they're gonna win the title. Mike Miller is so perfect for them. The Lakers are probably their best competition but the Lakers just barely beat a 30-something shooting Celtics team without Perkins and badly shooting Ray Ray in game 7.
hotshot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:27 PM   #1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot1 View Post
How am I jealous?

I understand he can choose to go where ever he wants to, it's his right. It's just that he had that 1 hr bs special to announce it. That was so stupid, he basically spat in the face of Cleveland. That and the fact that he chose to be Robin instead of Batman.

Anyway, the more I think about them, I think they're gonna win the title. Mike Miller is so perfect for them. The Lakers are probably their best competition but the Lakers just barely beat a 30-something shooting Celtics team without Perkins and badly shooting Ray Ray in game 7.
Let's not write history just yet. It's Wade's team, only by association. We all will find out, who the go to guy is as the season progresses, but more importantly, during the playoffs.

I personally think it won't be Wade #1 and Lebron #2 but more of a 1A and 1B..which could work great.

As for being the favourite......to be the team, you have to beat the team...and this pains me to say it, but the Lakers are the team right now.

I think we can all agree that next season will be fun to watch. For me, I follow NBA throughout the season, but that first big game is usually on Xmas day....I can't wait..
Old 07-14-2010, 03:36 PM   #1991

christmas day:

Bos at LAL
MIA at Cleveland

glad they got rid of that lebron vs kobe on christmas day shit -________-
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2010, 06:55 PM   #1992
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

um no i dont want to see AI the ball hog go to MIA and not distribute and further frustrate dwayne n lbj who will already have issues on how to share the ball

Last edited by m4k4v4li; 08-06-2010 at 01:36 AM.
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #1993
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuhoo View Post
are we getting raja?! NICE !!
I guess not anymore!! he signed with the Jazz
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:50 PM   #1994

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
I can already see the headlines halfway through the season about lebron and wade not getting along anymore
Posted via RS Mobile
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:17 AM   #1995

Quote:
I guess not anymore!! he signed with the Jazz
yeah I saw just now. A shot to my face.

Wish LA will pick up another defender before season starts
Old 07-15-2010, 09:39 AM   #1996

Old 07-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #1997

^ I havent watched the real vid yet. probably do so after work
Old 07-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #1998

I can't wait to watch the entire Espy's. Sunday on TSN.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:47 AM   #1999
The Speed Syndicate

Thanked 3,077 Times in 522 Posts
Wooo mike miller goes to miami the roster is looking good, but not enuf to win still imo
Posted via RS Mobile
kchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #2000

Now Penny wants to play for the Hear..lol

next Rodman will come out of retirement.