REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Dom Rebel collection (https://www.revscene.net/forums/565640-dom-rebel-collection.html)

rickross888 02-22-2009 05:46 PM

Dom Rebel collection

what you guys think of the new spring 09 Dom Rebel collection?

what's your favorite collection?

personally i like the royal army collection the best and sands of sin. i was kinda disappointed with the spring 09 collection. i was expecting more instead of all this recycled stuff.

beanzzz 02-22-2009 06:56 PM

I'm not really a big fan, I was hoping for something a little more simple. I was looking forward to picking up a couple of the hats, but none of the Boy's Co's received any.

Here's a picture of my current collection...

http://members.shaw.ca/baybeejay/theCollection.jpg

It's missing two hoodies and another Swarovski shirt.

rickross888 02-22-2009 08:50 PM

^nice collection.
how do you wash your Swarovski crystal shirt? which hoodies do you have? i just got a white one with Swarovski on it today don't know how to go about washing it. i'll need to know since it's white haha

hal0g0dv2 02-22-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beanzzz (Post 6295033)
I'm not really a big fan, I was hoping for something a little more simple. I was looking forward to picking up a couple of the hats, but none of the Boy's Co's received any.

Here's a picture of my current collection...

http://members.shaw.ca/baybeejay/theCollection.jpg

It's missing two hoodies and another Swarovski shirt.

holly shit

beanzzz 02-22-2009 10:16 PM

I actually tossed my shirt in the wash inside out and used the gentle cycle. I figured that if the gentle cycle is good enough for silk and satin then my shirt should survive. My shirt also smelt like it was sitting in a warehouse for months so I wanted to give it a good wash. I wouldn't do that with one of the new hoodies though because the fabric is heavier, the crystals are grouped closer together and the hoodies cost around $700+. On my tag it said "shirts with crystals must be dry cleaned or washed by hand only, then layed flat to dry." If your willing to invest $700+ on a hoodie I would just spend an extra $20 or so to have it professionally dry cleaned.

I just have the hoodies that were released in December.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_UynX4mlB7I.../Hood+Gold.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_UynX4mlB7I.../Hood+Pink.jpg

Oh, I don't really have a favorite collection, I just want all the Angel Wing shirts in every color and from every collection, especially the Lust & Desire Collection.

AsBannedAsItGets 02-22-2009 11:42 PM

not really too familiar with dom rebel brand so enlighten me a little. is this just another phase from the ed hardy, christian dior explosion. How different is it from Dussault?
All this reminds me of the illegal gangsta wear outlawed from being worn inside clubs.
Don't shoot me for saying this but this is the stuff all the gangster rock. Don't see why paying 7 bills for a hoodie is practical considering it costs 10 bucks to make.

beanzzz 02-23-2009 07:03 PM

I'm not too familiar with the history of the brand myself, as I just started buying/collecting their shirts about two years ago. From what I know Dom Rebel has been around since 2003, long before Ed Hardy and Christian Audigier, back then the designs were different and had a whole different audience. From what I've heard/read the brand was alot more scarce, and made in even smaller qualities, which made it a bit of a collection item.

Nowadays, the brand is alot easier to purchase, and has become associated with brands like Ed Hardy, CA and Xtreme Couture, I guess because a couple of their past collections have involved skulls.

I fell in love with the brand because their shirts are different, and a couple of the designs/messages remind me of a couple Missimo shirts I owned in Elementary school. The brand is also made in Canada and only available at the beginning of each and every season.

The reason why the hoodies cost so much is because their detailed with dozens of hand mounted Swarovski crystals. They aren't rhinestones that are glued on like Ed Hardy, every crystal is actually attached with a clasp on the inside of the shirt to hold it in place.

nathaniel 02-23-2009 09:01 PM

art gallery FTW

hongy 02-23-2009 09:24 PM

Out of all those brands (eg, edhardy, ca, etc) dom rebel is probably the best. I've actually looked into buying a winged shirt or one of their new art gallery shirts, but I don't want to give off an image of just another 15 year old with "gangster" clothing.

beanzzz 02-23-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathaniel (Post 6297279)
art gallery FTW

Do you have a brother?

3xta 02-23-2009 10:59 PM

Impressive collection beanzzz. I used to love dom rebel, i started buying their tshirts from the collection devil music, and each one after that, such as "sands of sin" i had bought a lot of their shirts. I even had the "fuck pink" tshirt with all the swarovski crystals. I think since last year i had a total of like 15 tshirts? Now i have like 5 left. lol I agree with beanzzz their products were made in much more smaller quantities, and the only people that knew the brand well would buy it. But then they got mass produced and I guess just like every other brand, people started noticing them and by the time you knew it, everyone had one.

I sold all 10 of my shirts either to friends or on ebay. I bought my fuck pink one for 200 and sold it for $400 which is much better than i expected. Plus I grew out of the phase. I don't even remember the last time i wore my dom rebel..

nathaniel 02-23-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beanzzz (Post 6297429)
Do you have a brother?

yes.

yousername 03-16-2009 03:06 PM

Could i put my shirt in the wash/dryer? it doesnt have the crystals.. dont like handwashing clothes cause i wanna make sure they get a good wash.. looking for an answer from somebody whos done it before..

ShanghaiKid 03-16-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yousername (Post 6332455)
Could i put my shirt in the wash/dryer? it doesnt have the crystals.. dont like handwashing clothes cause i wanna make sure they get a good wash.. looking for an answer from somebody whos done it before..

yes, it'll be fine

rickross888 03-17-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yousername (Post 6332455)

yea u can. i just put it in the wash and sometimes just hang dry it especially the shirts that have foils.

WHEYsted 03-17-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathaniel (Post 6297279)
art gallery FTW

Yeah Brah I have the 1st Edition Art Gallery Shirts way better than Bad Habits and the other shit.

iwantaskyline 03-18-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsRealAsItGets (Post 6295725)
not really too familiar with dom rebel brand so enlighten me a little. is this just another phase from the ed hardy, christian dior explosion. How different is it from Dussault?
All this reminds me of the illegal gangsta wear outlawed from being worn inside clubs.
Don't shoot me for saying this but this is the stuff all the gangster rock. Don't see why paying 7 bills for a hoodie is practical considering it costs 10 bucks to make.

It started out in Montreal. By some Vietnamese guy and some white guy. It started off pretty small and has gotten quite popular lately.

azn_boix 03-18-2009 03:58 PM

wow thats a nice collection

i have a few, and i love them!

6insomnia9 04-01-2009 01:50 AM

I have 3 items from Dom Rebel, planning to sell one of them and get a better t-shirt.
I love their exclusive collection <3
Dom Rebel!!

vietx6o4 04-02-2009 09:08 PM

i love royal army, im still hunting for a pimp my buddha shirt..

hongy 04-02-2009 11:18 PM

^^ lol there's someone selling a pimp my buddha shirt on the fashion b.s

CanadaGoose 04-03-2009 01:28 AM

I <3 Dom Rebel

starting to build a collection, nowhere near the size of beanzzz collection though yet :p

beanzzz 04-03-2009 01:46 AM

You can add the Atelier Flowers, the Signature Hat in black and the Signature Hat in white to my collection. :p

azn_boix 04-03-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beanzzz (Post 6362916)
You can add the Atelier Flowers, the Signature Hat in black and the Signature Hat in white to my collection. :p

i just got the atelier flowers and i love it! :thumbsup:

beanzzz 04-03-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azn_boix (Post 6363333)
i just got the atelier flowers and i love it! :thumbsup:

+1! The Atelier Flowers and the Swarovski Skull Foil are currently my two favorites right now. Did you order yours from the website or did you find it instore? When the collection was released none of the Boys CO locations carried it, and I was hoping to be one of the only people too have it in Vancouver.

http://members.shaw.ca/baybeejay/atelierSwarovski.jpg