REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 02-27-2009, 09:27 AM   #1
I bringith the lowerballerith

Finders keepers?

Am I allowed to sell items i have found on the ground?
So far in my life i have found
Cd player
MP3s (quite a few)
Nintendo DS
Cellphones <-- recently, I found a verizon phone on the ground.
Money

im sure there is more but yea

a lot of us has probably found one of this items before and taken it.

TBO, ive never returned items to lost and found at school (highschool), buildings, because i have lost a whole lot of shit myself and i never find them back, things include at least 3 phones, psp, money, an ipod, etc.
Advertisement
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
VLS Pet Forum Mod

If it is found somewhere where I can drop it off with a 'lost and found' then I would.
If it's just out on the street the impossibility of finding the owner pretty much means finders keepers.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
Director of RS Cares

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
Am I allowed to sell items i have found on the ground?
So far in my life i have found
Cd player
MP3s (quite a few)
Nintendo DS
Cellphones <-- recently, I found a verizon phone on the ground.
Money

im sure there is more but yea

a lot of us has probably found one of this items before and taken it.

TBO, ive never returned items to lost and found at school (highschool), buildings, because i have lost a whole lot of shit myself and i never find them back, things include at least 3 phones, psp, money, an ipod, etc.

if there's a lost and found available, use it. it's there for a reason. just because someone wasn't as kind to return your valuables doesn't mean you should follow suit. and no offense, but to lose 3 phones in your lifetime just comes off as being careless about your belongings.

if you find something, somewhere it's IMPOSSIBLE to ever find the original owner, then sure. finders keepers.

Last edited by miss_crayon; 02-27-2009 at 10:59 AM.
miss_crayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #4
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

damn bro, how do you lose that much of your shit

return it if you can, karma bro

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:13 AM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
You've never found your shit, because some one else is doing the same to you. Karma is right.
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:22 AM   #6
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
that's a stupid logic..
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:41 AM   #7
I bringith the lowerballerith

how can it be karma when, the reason i dont use lost and found is cuz no one was kind enough to return my stuff? maybe i am "enforcing" karma on the owners of the lost items, and being rewarded for my past lost items. ? Karma is BS.

and yes i am careless, but considering things i have found, it evens out.

anyways, so its legal to not return them, and sell it? like the cellphone, it doesnt have a # now, so am i allowed to sell it on ebay??? (its a cdma phone not GSM)
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:56 AM   #8
noob

losers weepers
AsBannedAsItGets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:06 PM   #9
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
that phone will never be usable on a cdma network once it is reported lost/stolen.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:35 PM   #10
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

wow... for something bad to happen to you, then you turn around and do it to someone else... its just pure selfishness.

Why not break the cycle and try to find some of those owners? It feels good to give a little.
Wenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:27 PM   #11
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
uh if you find a phone, you start calling numbers. the first one to look for is "home," after that just go through the most recently called friends til someone can tell you whose phone you're calling from and how to give it back.

if the money is straight cash and there's noone nearby who it could obviously belong to, keep it if it's not a rediculous amount (found a $20 at the ski hill last week).

as far as long and founds, I use them if there's a reasonable chance of the owner getting it, otherwise I'll keep it (found a P&S camera in a snowbank on a pullout on the way back from the ski hill, on a Sunday, and all the settings were in french so I kept it as there's very little chance of finding the original owner)

there's also a site for posting photos from found cameras.

lastly, keep track of your shit man, I've never lost any of my MP3 players, my PSP, my cell or my laptop. actually I almost never lose things for very long (just misplaced around the house). try paying more attention.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:27 PM   #12
Banned (ABWS)

this thread is going to end up in fight club...
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:49 AM   #13
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
The most I've ever found was a $10 bill when I was watching the fireworks one year , I pocketed that, simply because it was only $10 and probably won't be missed (not to mention trying to find needle in the haystack on the beach with five thousand people would be complete chaos).
But if I were to find, say a $50 bill, the chances of returning it to the rightful owner would be pretty slim since everybody would want to have a crack at it. I'd pocket that unless I could be sure there's a way to find the owner.

I've found cell phones before (thrice, actually),
It's tempting to pocket at times, but I'm a phone enthusiast myself, and it's not like I'm on cellphone welfare, so the best thing would be to return it or turn it into the security.
I just try to think about how fucked up I'd be if I lost my phone with all my private information in it, and think of how karma would kick my ass if I didn't at least attempt to find the owner.

I've never found any other pieces electronics before (at least, not in my recent memory), but I probably wouldn't keep those either--I'm not that big of a fan of mobile music players, and I'm not into mobile game systems anymore (DS, PSP, etc.)
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:30 AM   #14
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Cell phone, I always look at recent calls and try to get their home # or one of their friends to answer
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:36 AM   #15
Need my Daily Fix of RS

lost my wallet before, and somebody gave it to the police. i was so damn happy because it was my versace wallet...cost me a pretty penny, to say the least. and if you can, why not make the world a better place, rather than fucking someone you dont even know over? thats how i feel. but if you wanna be a dick about it, then by all means. theres always bound to be assholes in the world, and i guess you are one of the few. and if coming onto RS to try and vindicate your ways lets you sleep at night, then by all means, do what you gotta do.
omega_cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:42 AM   #16
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
When I was 9yrs old I found a gold chain the the forest I took it to the police station and they held it for 3 months no one claimed it and I got it. Thats the right thing to do!!!
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:07 AM   #17
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
how can it be karma when, the reason i dont use lost and found is cuz no one was kind enough to return my stuff? maybe i am "enforcing" karma on the owners of the lost items, and being rewarded for my past lost items. ? Karma is BS.

and yes i am careless, but considering things i have found, it evens out.

anyways, so its legal to not return them, and sell it? like the cellphone, it doesnt have a # now, so am i allowed to sell it on ebay??? (its a cdma phone not GSM)
Maybe no one returned your stuff because it was never found. Perhaps you should write your name on your possessions and let me know the name so that if I ever come across any of it in the future, I can make sure to throw it in the garbage.
Enecsver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:19 PM   #18
Need my Daily Fix of RS

^QFT
omega_cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:03 PM   #19
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Nice reasoning you got there...since no one ever returned your stuff it's ok to just keep everything you find yourself, monkey see monkey do?
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:48 PM   #20
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

god your name is so fitting geeknerd because only a total social reject would take other people's property and horde them for his own like a rat building a nest i mean really why would you do something like that and if someone loses something it means they weren't paying attention to it which means its probably some really tacky stuff so not only are you a huge jerk, a geek, and a nerd but you also have no taste.
pinoypixie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:52 AM   #21
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Wallets are the worst damn thing to lose.
Cellphones I would look for numbers to try and contact the person. BTW CDMA's do get logged once it's reported lost/stolen by the carrier that it was purchased from. If you get the phone unlocked, you can go to another carrier I believe and they won't have the same records.
Cash is finders keepers
pyro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:23 AM   #22
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
haha i remember i found two cell phones in one day, one was outside of macdonalds at metro and i just so happened to be at macdonalds again on renfrew and found another cell phone on the counter in the washroom. i returned them because there was a text saying if i were to return it there would be a reward which was cash i got so it ain't always karma when you don't return things
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:56 AM   #23
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
when I find something, 1 I'll try to get it to a lost and found, 2nd I'll post it on craigstlist and it worked last time a person lost his camera with a lot of family pictures in it they were so happy that I found it they gave me a hundred bucks
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:04 AM   #24
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
cash is pretty much finders keeper. if you are careless enough to just drop cash when walking around you are probably baller enough to not want it anyways.

everything else to go to nearest lost and found especially things like wallet with id and sentimental things that can't easily be replaced.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:17 PM   #25
My homepage has been set to RS

cash = keepers

Cell phone - iv found one and phoned the person back

Random shit i see people drop i pick it up and give it back to them.
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote