REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:48 PM   #26
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by way2quik View Post
PC brand, bronze bottle. 400/300 EPA/DHA, pretty much what you bought before, never seen capsules like those . For starters, would it be best to begin with 1 for each meal the first week then bump up to 2 per meal?

Reading up on the net about side effects seemed frightening.
They were no bigger than normal for me... As far as side effects, there shouldn't be any, other than improvements in basically all functions in your body. The only I have read about are minor blood thinning issues, and some claim that it can lower your immunity to colds and flu... But I don't buy that, considering I have been living in a cold & flu haven for the last 3 years, and haven't caught anything since I started taking a lot of fish oil.

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #27
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
i took cla when i was losing weight the first time but I was also stacking ECA at the time. I stopped taking the CLA's because I think ECA's worked better.
Those are really 2 totally different things

Btw, from my reasearch almost no ones does an "eca" stack anymore, only EC everyone cuts out the aspirin now.

Fuck my progress has slowed becuase my knee is pretty much blown out, I thought it got like that from the treadmill but I've been off it for about a week and my knee is still fucked, need to to see a doc about it

As for the fish oil though I would say that I do feel better lately, I'm nearly through a bottle of CLA as well as the fish oil, trying my best to eat smaller meals and stay away from garbage but with my knee all fucked up I've been drinking on the weekends
Old 06-09-2009, 07:04 PM   #28

Fuck the treadmill, fuck running. All that you'll accomplish are blown knees and muscle loss. Go to proper high intensity weight training 3 days a week, and HIIT 3 days a week (can be on the same day). Your fat will melt off.

On your weight days, do 4 exercises: A pulling exercise, a pushing exercise, a squat or deadlift, and abs.

Running is the stupidest thing you could do if you're trying to cut a lot of fat at once.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:55 PM   #29
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
worked great for me before, but yes my knees aint like they used to be
Old 06-09-2009, 09:16 PM   #30

Because humans aren't really meant to run for long distances. Sure, some people can, but let them ruin their bodies. If you want to be at peak physical condition, there are much better ways to do it.