REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #26
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
out of curiosity have you talked to the sales guy and ask about the history?
if so, what did they say?
Don't even want to hear about the history.. But felt like the sales guy didn't even want to talk about the civic at all. I asked him questions and he gave me 1 word answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
why not try private sales? i tend to want to ignore dealerships, even 'reputable' ones have, and will lie.

To limit your exposure to risk, also do a VIN search and get a BCAA inspection on any car you negotiate on privately.

Buying used is always more risky than new, but in the end of the day, as long as a car has been reasonably maintained, you should, on average, be ok.
Not against private sales, just no private sellers selling vehicles with my specifications currently.
Advertisement
Jaffray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffray View Post

Not against private sales, just no private sellers selling vehicles with my specifications currently.
as the old saying goes 'beggars can't be choosers' - good luck with your search
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #28
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
Alright. Keep doing what you're doing, sport.
What would that be? Giving horrible advice? Or admit and correcting my horrible advice?
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:26 PM   #29
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffray View Post
Don't even want to hear about the history.. But felt like the sales guy didn't even want to talk about the civic at all. I asked him questions and he gave me 1 word answers.

I asked about it.. and he basically was saying "all of our cars go through inspection. brand new brakes and discs, new oil, whatever needs to be done is done. This car was a theft vehicle.. not theft recovery. Water based paint was spilled on the vehicle that came off with the pressure washer". He showed me a video of them spraying it off with pressure washer. Obviously it didn't come off as he stated it did ("it came right off easily"). When I called him out on it, he said "then they cut polished it and waxed it. That is why there is some white residue". First off, the car did not look anything like it was waxed or polished recently. In fact, it looked like it NEEDED one. Secondly, the "white residue" I pointed out to him was in the taillight seals, so there is no way it could be wax. I could clearly tell it was paint. Also, the car was keyed around entirely and he said "i touched it up but didn't want to paint it because it was original paint". I told him that he should have spot painted it and taken before/after pictures and video to prove the fact.

Basically, the ONLY thing he told me was "car had paint spilled on it". I was the one that had to point out: paint residue in tight spots, "touched up" long key scratches along the car, an interior that smelled of strong paint, and the seats were dirtier than a car that hasn't been detailed in months. The oil they put in was also very watery. Did not look like fresh oil at all, but more so diluted oil. The asking price is 9k and I offered him 7. He said he could get 9500 "EASILY" at an auction, but needed to keep it in the lot since "no inventory".

tl;dr
- do not buy from here. scum who hides everything and lies.
Gazorcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:08 PM   #30
Circle Stick Square Mod

they buy cars that are written off are rebuild them. same as a kingsway dealer

91 240sx (Sold)
86 FC3S (Sold)
99 Civic

!Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:24 PM   #31
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
it's simple: if you have to ask this question then