REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2009, 12:13 AM   #1
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Surrey
Posts: 431
Thanked 52 Times in 28 Posts
Anyone had experience with Jordani Motors in Burnaby?

I'm interested in a car they've got, but just wanted to know if anyone here has any advice on them.
Advertisement
ELITE_TRAYUNZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:26 AM   #2
Head Moderator
 
Lomac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1982
Location: Great White Nor
Posts: 22,593
Thanked 6,400 Times in 2,052 Posts
It's just possible that the car you're interested in is fine, but I'm going to have to say that you should just forget about it. Do a search in VAC for "Milani" and you'll get basically the same results for this sort of place. Always be wary of these used car dealerships; high mileage cars with rolled back odo's, shoddy rebuilds, poor maintenance, etc., etc.

Keep looking and spend a little bit more by buying whatever car you're looking at from a reputable dealership, or by buying it from an owner after getting it inspected by a trusted mechanic.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #3
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Jaffray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: pls
Posts: 645
Thanked 345 Times in 59 Posts
Long time bump^^

Currently looking into a car they have in their lot. (civic) Seems like a great deal, but has anyone dealt with them the past year or so?

How's their rep?
Jaffray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
TypeRNammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,306
Thanked 2,632 Times in 754 Posts
Grab the VIN number from that Civic and do a free status check on the Icbc website to determine of it has a normal status or rebuilt status.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Or you meet some girl at the club, cum inside of her, find out shes only in grade 12, so you buy a Prada bag for her to make things right, she finds out the bag is a fake and decides to have the kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:49 PM   #5
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond
Posts: 4,991
Thanked 7,941 Times in 2,061 Posts
run!!! They are curbers. Sign onto bcbimmers'andcweve banned the son Greg multiple times. They are damaged cars fixed and sold cheaply




DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM THERE
Posted via RS Mobile
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2013, 11:53 PM   #6
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond
Posts: 4,991
Thanked 7,941 Times in 2,061 Posts
I can't find the stickied thread right now, but i beg of you to walk away. Trust me
Posted via RS Mobile
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:11 AM   #7
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Jaffray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: pls
Posts: 645
Thanked 345 Times in 59 Posts
Hmm.. Will try and get a hold of the VIN hopefully tomorrow and get it checked out.

Thanks for the input.
Jaffray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:17 AM   #8
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
meme405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,625
Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,177 Posts
Don't even walk away, RUN!

SRS. A lot of those dealers are worse than the scum of the earth, they will lie, cheat, and steal, to get you into one of their shitty, poorly repaired, poorly maintained cars.
__________________

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2013, 01:09 AM   #9
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,700
Thanked 1,007 Times in 403 Posts
Through my experience with these dealership, and if you don't have knowledge that is better than average on cars, don't bother with it.

You'll end up spending more money fixing these junk in the long run.

I don't know how much you're looking to spend on a car, but buying brand new is always the best if you don't have any knowledge on cars.

If you just want a car to get around, don't spend more than $2000 IMO. Although one time, I spent $1500 on an accord an ended up paying almost $3000 gradually over time to fix. Sold it for like $500 in the end. NEVER BUY USED CARS.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:23 AM   #10
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,364
Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
Through my experience with these dealership, and if you don't have knowledge that is better than average on cars, don't bother with it.

You'll end up spending more money fixing these junk in the long run.

I don't know how much you're looking to spend on a car, but buying brand new is always the best if you don't have any knowledge on cars.

If you just want a car to get around, don't spend more than $2000 IMO. Although one time, I spent $1500 on an accord an ended up paying almost $3000 gradually over time to fix. Sold it for like $500 in the end. NEVER BUY USED CARS.
This is terrible advice.
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2013, 02:04 AM   #11
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,397
Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
Through my experience with these dealership, and if you don't have knowledge that is better than average on cars, don't bother with it.

You'll end up spending more money fixing these junk in the long run.

I don't know how much you're looking to spend on a car, but buying brand new is always the best if you don't have any knowledge on cars.

If you just want a car to get around, don't spend more than $2000 IMO. Although one time, I spent $1500 on an accord an ended up paying almost $3000 gradually over time to fix. Sold it for like $500 in the end. NEVER BUY USED CARS.
You said to not spend over $2000 on a car..and then said to never buy a used car in the same paragraph. Please, point me in the direction of the car dealer selling brand new cars for $2,000 or less. I'd really like to know.
__________________
2007 Dodge Charger
1981 Pontiac Trans Am
----
1989 BMW 525i
2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2006 Mazda 3
2008 Jeep Liberty
2003 Infiniti G35
1995 Eagle Talon
1984 Chevrolet Corvette
1981 Pontiac Trans Am
1992 BMW 535i
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2013, 03:13 AM   #12
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Jmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Duncan, BC
Posts: 8,169
Thanked 3,841 Times in 1,436 Posts
I've never had a new car and likely never will. I'll gladly let someone else eat the majority of the depreciation.

I bought a 2009 Versa in September 2010, was nearly half the price of a 2011 and the previous owner had purchased an extended warranty, so it had a longer and more comprehensive warranty than when it was new. Purchased from a Nissan dealership, car had full records of maintenance, and I had a 3rd party do an inspection and it came up clean.

2 years and 29,000 km isn't worth an extra 50% to me.
Jmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #13
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
Through my experience with these dealership, and if you don't have knowledge that is better than average on cars, don't bother with it.

You'll end up spending more money fixing these junk in the long run.

I don't know how much you're looking to spend on a car, but buying brand new is always the best if you don't have any knowledge on cars.

If you just want a car to get around, don't spend more than $2000 IMO. Although one time, I spent $1500 on an accord an ended up paying almost $3000 gradually over time to fix. Sold it for like $500 in the end. NEVER BUY USED CARS.

Spoiler!
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #14
RS controls my life!
 
Gazorcoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: BC
Posts: 783
Thanked 280 Times in 96 Posts
You looking at that Si or that regular civic? Either way the prices are way too low. They definitely have been involved in something before.
Posted via RS Mobile
Gazorcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #15
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
dn53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 565
Thanked 259 Times in 87 Posts
most of the cars in a used car dealer typically come from two places. The first is a dealership as a customer traded their vehicle in and the dealer decided it was not worth keeping to fix and resell (and believe me, it's almost always something major or expensive). The other place they come from is auction. Most commonly these vehicles come from out of province. Rust is a big issue if the vehicle is coming from back east. Another thing is claims and other information can slip through province to province, or even from the states. Dealers love getting cars from Quebec because accident history is not claimed and readily available (this I've heard from my used car manager)

r
Posted via RS Mobile
dn53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #16
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,452
Thanked 2,665 Times in 960 Posts
Haha when it was Milani like a decade ago, a friend of mine went to test drive a car there. They wouldn't give her credit card back!! They said they had a verbal agreement of sale and it had been a 20 minute pre-purchase drive and not a "test" drive. The guy seriously refused to give someone back their card.

A few friends of hers went by that little shed they had on the lot, opened the door, and took her card back the next day.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #17
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,700
Thanked 1,007 Times in 403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
You said to not spend over $2000 on a car..and then said to never buy a used car in the same paragraph. Please, point me in the direction of the car dealer selling brand new cars for $2,000 or less. I'd really like to know.
Sorry.

NEVER BUY USED CAR, PERIOD. Happy?
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #18
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
meme405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,625
Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
You said to not spend over $2000 on a car..and then said to never buy a used car in the same paragraph. Please, point me in the direction of the car dealer selling brand new cars for $2,000 or less. I'd really like to know.
Even the Tata Nano, the worlds cheapest car cannot be had that cheap new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
Sorry.

NEVER BUY USED CAR, PERIOD. Happy?
That's your opinion, and your entitled to it, but quite frankly its a stupid opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
I've never had a new car and likely never will. I'll gladly let someone else eat the majority of the depreciation.

I bought a 2009 Versa in September 2010, was nearly half the price of a 2011 and the previous owner had purchased an extended warranty, so it had a longer and more comprehensive warranty than when it was new. Purchased from a Nissan dealership, car had full records of maintenance, and I had a 3rd party do an inspection and it came up clean.

2 years and 29,000 km isn't worth an extra 50% to me.
This.

Obviously it depends on the car, and the individual, and their situation in life.

But for the vast majority of people, it makes more sense to let someone else take that initial depreciation hit. The value of repairs due to someone driving a car like an asshole for 30 or 40000km will never amount to more than that initial depreciation. So while yes, you may or may not spend more on maintenance, it will never cost you more than having bought that same vehicle new.
__________________

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #19
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,397
Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
Sorry.

NEVER BUY USED CAR, PERIOD. Happy?
Alright. Keep doing what you're doing, sport.
__________________
2007 Dodge Charger
1981 Pontiac Trans Am
----
1989 BMW 525i
2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2006 Mazda 3
2008 Jeep Liberty
2003 Infiniti G35
1995 Eagle Talon
1984 Chevrolet Corvette
1981 Pontiac Trans Am
1992 BMW 535i
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #20
WOAH...shut the music off...
 
GLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,799
Thanked 4,706 Times in 1,888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Haha when it was Milani like a decade ago, a friend of mine went to test drive a car there. They wouldn't give her credit card back!! They said they had a verbal agreement of sale and it had been a 20 minute pre-purchase drive and not a "test" drive. The guy seriously refused to give someone back their card.

A few friends of hers went by that little shed they had on the lot, opened the door, and took her card back the next day.
that's some crazy shit
__________________
Feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=611711

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #21
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Jaffray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: pls
Posts: 645
Thanked 345 Times in 59 Posts
So I ran the VIN and turns out it's a rebuilt (of course) and a buddy said it's rebuilt due to theft but no collision..

Probablyyy.. look into another dealer now lol.

Last edited by Jaffray; 12-18-2013 at 04:08 PM. Reason: rebuilt due to**
Jaffray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #22
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
TypeRNammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,306
Thanked 2,632 Times in 754 Posts
Definitely not surprised by the rebuilt title.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Or you meet some girl at the club, cum inside of her, find out shes only in grade 12, so you buy a Prada bag for her to make things right, she finds out the bag is a fake and decides to have the kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #23
Old School RS
 
lowside67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Port Moody
Posts: 4,124
Thanked 3,103 Times in 942 Posts
While cars can be declared rebuilds for thefts, particular of interior parts, there is no way to determine that is why after the fact.
__________________
2011 BMW 128I
lowside67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #24
WOAH...shut the music off...
 
GLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,799
Thanked 4,706 Times in 1,888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffray View Post
So I ran the VIN and turns out it's a rebuilt (of course) and a buddy said it's rebuilt due to theft but no collision..

Probablyyy.. look into another dealer now lol.
out of curiosity have you talked to the sales guy and ask about the history?
if so, what did they say?
__________________
Feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=611711

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #25
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: not vancouver
Posts: 2,647
Thanked 1,938 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffray View Post
So I ran the VIN and turns out it's a rebuilt (of course) and a buddy said it's rebuilt due to theft but no collision..

Probablyyy.. look into another dealer now lol.
why not try private sales? i tend to want to ignore dealerships, even 'reputable' ones have, and will lie.

To limit your exposure to risk, also do a VIN search and get a BCAA inspection on any car you negotiate on privately.

Buying used is always more risky than new, but in the end of the day, as long as a car has been reasonably maintained, you should, on average, be ok.
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net