REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   Parking on own property question. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/572939-parking-own-property-question.html)

CORDV6 04-20-2009 06:17 PM

Parking on own property question.

So heres the deal. We living in a townhouse where we have 2 spots underneath the house. The situation is that we have 3 cars (myself,dad and brother). Since my car and dads are worth the most we leave my brothers shit box parked on side of the house in "visitors parking". It does not have that marked but the strata claims it is. The car is only parked there between 10-7am. There are tons of other occupants that do the same. Recently the strata sent out a message saying that they will ticket/tow anyone that parks there.

Now, 2 questions.
1. can i continue to park there? can they even ticket or tow the car?
2. I can technically fit all three cars underneath my parking area. Its open, dont know if that matters. Could I do that?

This is an actual issue, so professional responses would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Eric

RenoMan 04-20-2009 06:28 PM

Why would you ask us. You should go ask your strata or building manager. Fucken common sense dude. What we say could be wrong and if you listen to us then you might get fucked so your best option is _______________ (fill in the blank)

Gt-R R34 04-20-2009 06:29 PM

By-laws. Depends on your strata.

1. No. Yes.
2. I would believe so?

nipples 04-22-2009 04:47 AM

I believe that different strata will differ greatly on the use of visitor parking.

I remember that one property I was looking at in calgary did not allow overnight parking in visitors, and one in richmond I believe only allowed 3hrs parking at a time.

So yeah, If I were you, I'd speak to your strata

Hot Karl 04-22-2009 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilsonSo13 (Post 6389728)
Why would you ask us. You should go ask your strata or building manager. Fucken common sense dude. What we say could be wrong and if you listen to us then you might get fucked so your best option is _______________ (fill in the blank)

this should be the standard answer to 99% of "help me RS i'm a fucking tard" threads

i love how he asked for professional responses.

Shun Izaki 04-22-2009 10:20 AM

if you can fit it, in your 'two' spots, then sure. I've done it before with my bikes at the back of the cars.

bui95 05-14-2009 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilsonSo13 (Post 6389728)

ahhaha...ownage!

quasi 05-14-2009 10:36 PM

I've never seen a townhouse complex that allows people who live there to park in visitor parking. People still do it but it's generally not allowed. Yes they can tow you and yes you can get them back by slashing the strata members tires just don't get caught.

daggon 05-15-2009 12:54 PM

my bike was kicked out of a parking stall shared with my friends bike by the property manager, said one vehicle / stall

aznrsx1979 05-15-2009 01:10 PM

Most condo/townhome complexs have the stalls numbered. The strata usually keeps record of what unit owns what stalls and also keeps on record the license plate of the owner so they know what vehicles belong in what stall.

If there are left over stalls after a development is completed the remaining stalls not sold go to the strata to use as visitor parking or to rent out to units.

Even if the stalls at your complex aren't listed as visitor stalls, they most likely are. Even if other people do it, they'll probably end up getting towed sooner or later. The condo I live in downtown has towed peoples cars on occasion.

You can try parking all 3 cars there, but I'm sure they strata will send you a letter about that.

6793026 05-15-2009 02:21 PM

the stata will find you.. good luck man..someone somewhere in ur complex will bitch about having 3 cars in two parking spot and why a honda is always at that one spot..
good luck

dark0821 06-10-2009 12:03 PM

ya yo realli do.. and it jsut sucks.. sry to hear it man.. i live in an apt too