REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 04-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Parking on own property question.

So heres the deal. We living in a townhouse where we have 2 spots underneath the house. The situation is that we have 3 cars (myself,dad and brother). Since my car and dads are worth the most we leave my brothers shit box parked on side of the house in "visitors parking". It does not have that marked but the strata claims it is. The car is only parked there between 10-7am. There are tons of other occupants that do the same. Recently the strata sent out a message saying that they will ticket/tow anyone that parks there.

Now, 2 questions.
1. can i continue to park there? can they even ticket or tow the car?
2. I can technically fit all three cars underneath my parking area. Its open, dont know if that matters. Could I do that?

This is an actual issue, so professional responses would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Eric
Advertisement
CORDV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
RS controls my life!

Why would you ask us. You should go ask your strata or building manager. Fucken common sense dude. What we say could be wrong and if you listen to us then you might get fucked so your best option is _______________ (fill in the blank)
RenoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:29 PM   #3
Ubereem Mod

By-laws. Depends on your strata.

1. No. Yes.
2. I would believe so?
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:47 AM   #4
HELP ME PLS!!!

I believe that different strata will differ greatly on the use of visitor parking.

I remember that one property I was looking at in calgary did not allow overnight parking in visitors, and one in richmond I believe only allowed 3hrs parking at a time.

So yeah, If I were you, I'd speak to your strata
Old 04-22-2009, 07:14 AM   #5
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonSo13 View Post
Why would you ask us. You should go ask your strata or building manager. Fucken common sense dude. What we say could be wrong and if you listen to us then you might get fucked so your best option is _______________ (fill in the blank)
this should be the standard answer to 99% of "help me RS i'm a fucking tard" threads

i love how he asked for professional responses.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #6
Banned By Establishment

if you can fit it, in your 'two' spots, then sure. I've done it before with my bikes at the back of the cars.
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:15 AM   #7
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonSo13 View Post
ahhaha...ownage!
bui95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:36 PM   #8
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 2,280 Times in 827 Posts
I've never seen a townhouse complex that allows people who live there to park in visitor parking. People still do it but it's generally not allowed. Yes they can tow you and yes you can get them back by slashing the strata members tires just don't get caught.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #9
Need my Daily Fix of RS

my bike was kicked out of a parking stall shared with my friends bike by the property manager, said one vehicle / stall
daggon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #10
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Most condo/townhome complexs have the stalls numbered. The strata usually keeps record of what unit owns what stalls and also keeps on record the license plate of the owner so they know what vehicles belong in what stall.

If there are left over stalls after a development is completed the remaining stalls not sold go to the strata to use as visitor parking or to rent out to units.

Even if the stalls at your complex aren't listed as visitor stalls, they most likely are. Even if other people do it, they'll probably end up getting towed sooner or later. The condo I live in downtown has towed peoples cars on occasion.

You can try parking all 3 cars there, but I'm sure they strata will send you a letter about that.
aznrsx1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:21 PM   #11
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,395 Times in 506 Posts
the stata will find you.. good luck man..someone somewhere in ur complex will bitch about having 3 cars in two parking spot and why a honda is always at that one spot..
good luck

Even if you win, you're still retarded.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:03 PM   #12
My homepage has been set to RS

ya yo realli do.. and it jsut sucks.. sry to hear it man.. i live in an apt too
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote