REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   plead guilty to speeding and it won't show up on your record? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/581043-plead-guilty-speeding-wont-show-up-your-record.html)

ws6ta 06-30-2009 10:20 AM

plead guilty to speeding and it won't show up on your record?

I was in new west court and an officer there told me to plead guilty to what I was charged with and he would change the ticket so that it won't show up on my driving record. it'll be switched to the owner of the car? I don't really know what he was talking about and I wasn't driving my own car at the time but he ended up just telling the judge that he doesn't wish to proceed with my matter. Anyways what I'm trying to get at is I have a few more speeding tickets coming up and was curious if I could work out deals with the officers to pay the fines but have them not show up on my DL? (Don't want to get my license taken away)

SumAznGuy 06-30-2009 10:59 AM

I believe what they are talking about is having the ticket changed from a MVA infraction to a by-law infraction so that they do not carry any points and will not show up on your drivers abstract, kinda like parking tickets.

I've heard of these magical tickets, but never seen them before.

Uncle Benz 06-30-2009 11:31 AM

Often prosecutors amend the charge to something that doesn't carry any points.
It's a everyday thing here in the GTA Traffic courts. Often if you get a ticket for provincial offence such as speeding, or a failure to stop at a stop sign, the prosecutor will change the offence to a Municipal by-law offence such as "Disobey Sign" if you agree to plead guilty. Your record will show a conviction, but not the type of conviction that will cause you any harm or extra expense on your license.

There is no such arrangement where you plead guilty to your originally issued traffic offence that carried points and you just pay the fine and avoid the points. The JP or the prosecutors have no control over the points that a particular offence carries, the can not waive the points for you, only ammend the offence.

skidmark 06-30-2009 11:35 AM

What the officer was offering was a conviction as the registered owner of the vehicle rather than the driver of the vehicle. There is a fine but no points on your licence in this case.

Of course, if you have a bunch of speeding tickets coming up I can only suggest that you slow down a bit.

xpl0sive 06-30-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidmark (Post 6488399)
Of course, if you have a bunch of speeding tickets coming up I can only suggest that you slow down a bit.

lol judging from the list of the vehicles in his signature, i don't think going slow is an option

Soundy 06-30-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xpl0sive (Post 6488490)
lol judging from the list of the vehicles in his signature, i don't think going slow is an option

I get the idea that's a "wish list"... if he actually owned those, he would have a lawyer getting him out of his speeding tickets, rather than asking here.

stutterr 07-01-2009 04:50 PM

looks like he has a ws6 trans am...fast in a straight line. Nothing compared to any of the cars in his list, but still quite deadly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xpl0sive (Post 6488490)

I second that thought.

ws6ta 07-01-2009 11:29 PM

yah i did have a ws6 trans am when i was 16! its not a wish list...click on my photo album if you want proof...

thanks skidmark for the reply!

edit: this should be enough proof.... http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ighlight=lambo

Marco911 07-02-2009 12:58 AM

What incentive would any officer have working out a deal with you? They might do it to be nice, but they are not obligated to do anything.

ws6ta 07-02-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco911 (Post 6490731)
What incentive would any officer have working out a deal with you? They might do it to be nice, but they are not obligated to do anything.

I have no idea what their incentive is. Maybe skidmark can tell us but they are ALWAYS ready to cut a deal. I've won cases against them as well. I actually won the day I posted this thread (june30th) in richmond. It was also for a speeding ticket and I wasn't planning on cutting a deal but it did remind me of the court date on July 10th in which I would like to cut a deal so I opened this topic. The court date on July 10th has a violation date of August 4th, 2007. I'm going to tell the officer that if he doesn't want to cut a deal I'm going to go with a charter of rights argument which traffic court isn't able to hear anyways so once again it will be delayed. :thumbsup:

sho_bc 07-02-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ws6ta (Post 6491037)
I'm going to tell the officer that if he doesn't want to cut a deal I'm going to go with a charter of rights argument which traffic court isn't able to hear anyways so once again it will be delayed. :thumbsup:

It'll be delayed because you're supposed to file a charter argument PRIOR to the actual court date. This new delay will not be factored in.

BNR32_Coupe 07-02-2009 05:21 PM

A couple key points I'd like to make for the defense:

First, judging by your lengthy track record, it seems that you're having trouble understanding the concept of a speed limit. You're either lacking attentive driving skills which are required for things like keeping an eye on the speedometer, or you're simply a menace to society, breaking the basic principles of the rules outlined for driving. Because of this, I have nothing left to say to you other than buy a valentine one. Other conventional radar detectors have you guessing where the danger is, leaving you with some hefty fines. With the valentine one radar detector, you'll know right away if there's speed traps or highway patrol in front, beside, or behind you. Order your valentine one now today, you'll be thankful you did.

Secondly, I bet police officers have a record of how many dispute cases made against them, how many won, and how many lost/didn't show up. There surely has to be a system like this in place, because if a police officer has a lengthy record of mostly losing cases in court, they're going to suspect something's up with his ability to make decisions with regards to issuing a ticket.

bui95 07-02-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ws6ta (Post 6490616)
yah i did have a ws6 trans am when i was 16! its not a wish list...click on my photo album if you want proof...

thanks skidmark for the reply!

edit: this should be enough proof.... http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ighlight=lambo

if you're this ballin', why would you care about points? just pay them off at the end of the year. or hell....get a lawyer to give you some speeding advice.

ws6ta 07-02-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho_bc (Post 6491359)
It'll be delayed because you're supposed to file a charter argument PRIOR to the actual court date. This new delay will not be factored in.

I know but I'd rather not do that because there is a possibility the officer might not show. If he doesn't why would I want a charter argument filed. :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BNR32_Coupe (Post 6491499)
A couple key points I'd like to make for the defense:

First, judging by your lengthy track record, it seems that you're having trouble understanding the concept of a speed limit. You're either lacking attentive driving skills which are required for things like keeping an eye on the speedometer, or you're simply a menace to society, breaking the basic principles of the rules outlined for driving. Because of this, I have nothing left to say to you other than buy a valentine one. Other conventional radar detectors have you guessing where the danger is, leaving you with some hefty fines. With the valentine one radar detector, you'll know right away if there's speed traps or highway patrol in front, beside, or behind you. Order your valentine one now today, you'll be thankful you did.

Secondly, I bet police officers have a record of how many dispute cases made against them, how many won, and how many lost/didn't show up. There surely has to be a system like this in place, because if a police officer has a lengthy record of mostly losing cases in court, they're going to suspect something's up with his ability to make decisions with regards to issuing a ticket.

I have a v1 in every car but I don't use it in the city. Too many false alarms piss me off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bui95 (Post 6491679)
if you're this ballin', why would you care about points? just pay them off at the end of the year. or hell....get a lawyer to give you some speeding advice.

I'm not ballin. If I was "ballin" I would drive a veyron daily, have a g5 jet, and unlimited blonds with blue eyes and fake tits. and why do you care? i asked simple question which was answered why don't you mind your own business and worry about yourself instead of about me and my lawyers or ability to pay fines etc.

Skidmark you can lock this thread because people on revscene do not understand that I'm not here to discuss my driving record. I just wanted to find out an answer which I tried searching for but couldn't find. Its calling doing your research so you don't waste money on lawyers for things you can do yourself so that one day I can be "BALLIN"

sho_bc 07-03-2009 05:13 AM

I want to be ballin' like that one day too. And using a radar detector in the city use horribly retarded. Every electric door that senses you coming will set off your detector. Even the expensive ones.