REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
ws6ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: ?
Posts: 4,338
Thanked 880 Times in 153 Posts
plead guilty to speeding and it won't show up on your record?

I was in new west court and an officer there told me to plead guilty to what I was charged with and he would change the ticket so that it won't show up on my driving record. it'll be switched to the owner of the car? I don't really know what he was talking about and I wasn't driving my own car at the time but he ended up just telling the judge that he doesn't wish to proceed with my matter. Anyways what I'm trying to get at is I have a few more speeding tickets coming up and was curious if I could work out deals with the officers to pay the fines but have them not show up on my DL? (Don't want to get my license taken away)
Advertisement
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #2
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.
 
SumAznGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hongcouver
Posts: 7,486
Thanked 1,879 Times in 994 Posts
I believe what they are talking about is having the ticket changed from a MVA infraction to a by-law infraction so that they do not carry any points and will not show up on your drivers abstract, kinda like parking tickets.

I've heard of these magical tickets, but never seen them before.
__________________
Originally posted by Iceman_19 you should have tried to touch his penis. that really throws them off.
Originally posted by The7even SumAznGuy > Billboa
Originally posted by 1990TSI SumAznGuy> Internet > tinytrix
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
Uncle Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: GTA
Posts: 960
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Often prosecutors amend the charge to something that doesn't carry any points.
It's a everyday thing here in the GTA Traffic courts. Often if you get a ticket for provincial offence such as speeding, or a failure to stop at a stop sign, the prosecutor will change the offence to a Municipal by-law offence such as "Disobey Sign" if you agree to plead guilty. Your record will show a conviction, but not the type of conviction that will cause you any harm or extra expense on your license.

There is no such arrangement where you plead guilty to your originally issued traffic offence that carried points and you just pay the fine and avoid the points. The JP or the prosecutors have no control over the points that a particular offence carries, the can not waive the points for you, only ammend the offence.
Uncle Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
Retired Traffic Cop
 
skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Nanoose Bay, BC
Posts: 9,023
Thanked 115 Times in 66 Posts
What the officer was offering was a conviction as the registered owner of the vehicle rather than the driver of the vehicle. There is a fine but no points on your licence in this case.

Of course, if you have a bunch of speeding tickets coming up I can only suggest that you slow down a bit.
__________________
Have you ever met anyone that would admit to being less than a better than average driver ??

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS
 
xpl0sive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burnaby,BC
Posts: 2,053
Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
Of course, if you have a bunch of speeding tickets coming up I can only suggest that you slow down a bit.
lol judging from the list of the vehicles in his signature, i don't think going slow is an option
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:16 PM   #6
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
lol judging from the list of the vehicles in his signature, i don't think going slow is an option
I get the idea that's a "wish list"... if he actually owned those, he would have a lawyer getting him out of his speeding tickets, rather than asking here.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #7
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abbotsford
Posts: 128
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
looks like he has a ws6 trans am...fast in a straight line. Nothing compared to any of the cars in his list, but still quite deadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
lol judging from the list of the vehicles in his signature, i don't think going slow is an option
I second that thought.
stutterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:29 AM   #8
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
ws6ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: ?
Posts: 4,338
Thanked 880 Times in 153 Posts
yah i did have a ws6 trans am when i was 16! its not a wish list...click on my photo album if you want proof...


thanks skidmark for the reply!



edit: this should be enough proof.... http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ighlight=lambo

Last edited by ws6ta; 07-02-2009 at 12:35 AM.
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:58 AM   #9
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO
 
Marco911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: US Bush-country
Posts: 7,738
Thanked 822 Times in 284 Posts
What incentive would any officer have working out a deal with you? They might do it to be nice, but they are not obligated to do anything.
__________________
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another.
Marco911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #10
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
ws6ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: ?
Posts: 4,338
Thanked 880 Times in 153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
What incentive would any officer have working out a deal with you? They might do it to be nice, but they are not obligated to do anything.
I have no idea what their incentive is. Maybe skidmark can tell us but they are ALWAYS ready to cut a deal. I've won cases against them as well. I actually won the day I posted this thread (june30th) in richmond. It was also for a speeding ticket and I wasn't planning on cutting a deal but it did remind me of the court date on July 10th in which I would like to cut a deal so I opened this topic. The court date on July 10th has a violation date of August 4th, 2007. I'm going to tell the officer that if he doesn't want to cut a deal I'm going to go with a charter of rights argument which traffic court isn't able to hear anyways so once again it will be delayed.
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:30 PM   #11
I bringith the lowerballerith
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: PR
Posts: 1,131
Thanked 250 Times in 128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ws6ta View Post
I'm going to tell the officer that if he doesn't want to cut a deal I'm going to go with a charter of rights argument which traffic court isn't able to hear anyways so once again it will be delayed.
It'll be delayed because you're supposed to file a charter argument PRIOR to the actual court date. This new delay will not be factored in.
__________________
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:21 PM   #12
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Shaugnessy
Posts: 2,610
Thanked 480 Times in 167 Posts
A couple key points I'd like to make for the defense:

First, judging by your lengthy track record, it seems that you're having trouble understanding the concept of a speed limit. You're either lacking attentive driving skills which are required for things like keeping an eye on the speedometer, or you're simply a menace to society, breaking the basic principles of the rules outlined for driving. Because of this, I have nothing left to say to you other than buy a valentine one. Other conventional radar detectors have you guessing where the danger is, leaving you with some hefty fines. With the valentine one radar detector, you'll know right away if there's speed traps or highway patrol in front, beside, or behind you. Order your valentine one now today, you'll be thankful you did.

Secondly, I bet police officers have a record of how many dispute cases made against them, how many won, and how many lost/didn't show up. There surely has to be a system like this in place, because if a police officer has a lengthy record of mostly losing cases in court, they're going to suspect something's up with his ability to make decisions with regards to issuing a ticket.
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:51 PM   #13
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,129
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ws6ta View Post
yah i did have a ws6 trans am when i was 16! its not a wish list...click on my photo album if you want proof...


thanks skidmark for the reply!



edit: this should be enough proof.... http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ighlight=lambo
if you're this ballin', why would you care about points? just pay them off at the end of the year. or hell....get a lawyer to give you some speeding advice.
bui95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #14
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
ws6ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: ?
Posts: 4,338
Thanked 880 Times in 153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho_bc View Post
It'll be delayed because you're supposed to file a charter argument PRIOR to the actual court date. This new delay will not be factored in.
I know but I'd rather not do that because there is a possibility the officer might not show. If he doesn't why would I want a charter argument filed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNR32_Coupe View Post
A couple key points I'd like to make for the defense:

First, judging by your lengthy track record, it seems that you're having trouble understanding the concept of a speed limit. You're either lacking attentive driving skills which are required for things like keeping an eye on the speedometer, or you're simply a menace to society, breaking the basic principles of the rules outlined for driving. Because of this, I have nothing left to say to you other than buy a valentine one. Other conventional radar detectors have you guessing where the danger is, leaving you with some hefty fines. With the valentine one radar detector, you'll know right away if there's speed traps or highway patrol in front, beside, or behind you. Order your valentine one now today, you'll be thankful you did.

Secondly, I bet police officers have a record of how many dispute cases made against them, how many won, and how many lost/didn't show up. There surely has to be a system like this in place, because if a police officer has a lengthy record of mostly losing cases in court, they're going to suspect something's up with his ability to make decisions with regards to issuing a ticket.

I have a v1 in every car but I don't use it in the city. Too many false alarms piss me off.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bui95 View Post
if you're this ballin', why would you care about points? just pay them off at the end of the year. or hell....get a lawyer to give you some speeding advice.
I'm not ballin. If I was "ballin" I would drive a veyron daily, have a g5 jet, and unlimited blonds with blue eyes and fake tits. and why do you care? i asked simple question which was answered why don't you mind your own business and worry about yourself instead of about me and my lawyers or ability to pay fines etc.



Skidmark you can lock this thread because people on revscene do not understand that I'm not here to discuss my driving record. I just wanted to find out an answer which I tried searching for but couldn't find. Its calling doing your research so you don't waste money on lawyers for things you can do yourself so that one day I can be "BALLIN"
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:13 AM   #15
I bringith the lowerballerith
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: PR
Posts: 1,131
Thanked 250 Times in 128 Posts
I want to be ballin' like that one day too. And using a radar detector in the city use horribly retarded. Every electric door that senses you coming will set off your detector. Even the expensive ones.
__________________
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net