REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 09-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #26
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
the indian rain danced worked because the indians wouldn't stop dancing until it rained

Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:58 AM   #27
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

if this is the case, give it time. She seems to be getting close with u.

Then again, for a girl that's been cheated on.....all this might be her subconscious way of dealing with it. A lot of women, and men, after being cheated on, wonder "am I still attractive? What makes that ugly bitch/bastard better?"

And then they go out and do stupid shit to prove to themselves they're still hot.

Tread lightly, and with caution.

FS: CAVI/SUNFIRE ECOTEC 2.2L OEM ENGINE PARTS
(CAMS, HEAD, VALVE COVER, BLOCK, AIR BOX, ETC ETC)

FS: OEM CAVALIER/SUNFIRE SEATS - 9/10.[/SIZE]
BallPeenHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:55 AM   #28
Blood tests positive for LOL mod

Thanked 1,263 Times in 325 Posts
Keep doing what your doing, it's working

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating
Proud member of G.R.A.P.E -- Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts
Mananetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:05 AM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

best way to put a limit on the feelings you have for her is to hang out more with other people. Maybe its not the right time for two of you. So keep your options open and enjoy other side of life.

Staying close while being friend-zoned will hurt you. Be a good friend to her, but cut your emotions loose
Old 09-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #30
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

why do you ask??? just feel it..then do. If you are a man, you should always get physical first.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #31
I STILL don't get it

Fuck first, try the friends thing after. Wastes less time and you can be just as miserable and confused anyway. Seriously.

At least you'd be getting laid.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:40 PM   #32
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

just give up.
user name: FRND4LYF
SRTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:10 AM   #33
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

if u wanna get with a girl you have to run the risk of losing the friendship
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:04 PM   #34
Banned (ABWS)

there are 2 ladders in the girl's relationship mind..
friend ladder, and the fuck buddy/bf ladder

even if your on the TOP of the friend ladder.. your still hitting rock bottom on the fuckbuddy / bf ladder.. and no way in hell will she consider giving you a chance... sad, but true.. forget it.. move on.

if she has alrdy placed you in the friend ladder.. then your fucked..
ChyahGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:21 PM   #35
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMeat View Post
I've been friends with this girl for about a year now. She has some relationship issues because her boyfriend cheated on her and left her for some other girl. So naturally she went to me for support and advice. I was happy to be there for her because she was there for me once before. And just to make things clear, I had no intention of hooking up with her at this time. I genuinely wanted to help her out as she did for me.

For the past 2 months we started hanging out and getting closer to each other. We see each other everyday literally. And for the days that we don't see each other we're constantly on the phone every night. Even when we do see each other we still talk on the phone at night. We talk about random stuff...mostly of what we did that day, how she's feeling towards her ex, general friend stuff. What i'm trying to reiterate is that we spend A LOT of time together.

Anyway, hanging out with her so much, naturally, i started developing feelings for her. I didn't want to keep it bottled up inside so I told her. It didn't come much of a surprise to her because she sensed that I did have feelings for her. However, she does NOT feel the same way about me. At least she was honest enough to tell me that instead of leading me on.

As for our current friendship we decided that we wouldn't see each other for a few days so i can regroup my emotions and decide on a course of action (Ironically, this was what I advised to her when she was trying to deal with her ex-bf). She said she would follow my lead with whichever path I choose.

Now here's what I'm thinking:

Losing her as a friend is not an option for me. She is a great person and I would love to keep her in my life for as long as possible. However, it's really hard to remain friends with someone you have feelings for. Also, a relationship is a two way thing... and right now I'm the only with the feelings.

What I'm thinking is when my few days are up... I'd give it one last fighting chance. Ask her if there's any feelings for me at all... regardless of how miniscule it is. If there is then that's something we can work with together.
Ask her for ONE chance to prove to her that I can be that man she's looking for. That way, in the future, she'll never have to wonder "what if I had said yes" and at least we can say that we gave it a try. And who knows might happen if she said yes.

I know this is pretty lame or whatever but I feel like I have to give this one more shot before i completely decide to get over it and remain friends. Plus, she'll also have a few days to let it simmer in her brain the idea of us being together.

What do you guys think?
You Fail! now can I have her number so I can make her feel better?
TripleXXX is offline   Reply With Quote