REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #1
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Swine Flu

So there could be a real possibility that I have swine flu. I'm going to pass some info on to people so they don't fuck up.

1) call 811 to explain your symptoms

2) stay at home and quarantine yourself

3) if you have to see a doctor call ahead even if it's a walkin clinic. Because they will meet you at the backdoor.

4) it's like the regular flu, just effects the elderly a little more.

Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
"affects"

And

Thanks for the tips? Since apparently RS members will use RS before doing anything.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:55 PM   #3
Banned (BBM)

ive been sick for 6 days.
chileanwinehous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #4
Founder, RS Veteran

My co-worker was diagnosed with the swine flu. She's over it now. Just be sure to wash your hands religiously.

Bored? Follow jACE on Twitter or check out his homepage.
jACEDesignsLtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #5
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
i heard Notre Dame and St. Patrick's high school had to close down for a couple days because some kids got swine flu
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:33 AM   #6
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
My family doctor just returned to work a few days ago after catching the swine flu from one of his patients who returned from Cuba. He was telling me how for like 3 days he couldn't even move his arms or legs and just lay in bed for 3 days straight. On the 4th and 5th day he was vomiting and had diarrhea, 6th and 7th day he was finally able to move around a bit but he still couldn't eat. He said it was one of the worst things he's ever gone through. Pretty scary.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:05 AM   #7
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by jACE View Post
My co-worker was diagnosed with the swine flu. She's over it now. Just be sure to wash your hands religiously.
The sad part is alot of people actually dont wash their hands regularly. Not even after using the washroom. Its fuckin disgusting.
And they wonder why everyone gets sick..Fuckin idiots
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #8
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Hines View Post
The sad part is alot of people actually dont wash their hands regularly. Not even after using the washroom. Its fuckin disgusting.
And they wonder why everyone gets sick..Fuckin idiots
I dont wash hande after I pee. I just pull it out without touching and flush with toe. I dont even close the bathrrom door.
chileanwinehous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:40 PM   #9
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chileanwinehous View Post
I dont wash hande after I pee. I just pull it out without touching and flush with toe. I dont even close the bathrrom door.
hahaha werd
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:53 AM   #10
Need my Daily Fix of RS

how the heck do you pull it out without touching it? are you sure about that?
dieselbox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #11
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

If it hasn't been mentioned already, cough into your mid arm, NEVER into your hands. I hate riding the bus as people just cough with out covering, or cough into their hands then start touching everything. UG

Next big flu is the Turtle-Flu! It's gunna kill us allllllllll
_Hotsauce_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:19 AM   #12
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Hotsauce_ View Post
If it hasn't been mentioned already, cough into your mid arm, NEVER into your hands. I hate riding the bus as people just cough with out covering, or cough into their hands then start touching everything. UG

Next big flu is the Turtle-Flu! It's gunna kill us allllllllll
It has to be sheep/goat flu or duck. There is nothing else in the farms to infect. Maybe turkey but that's infringing on avian flu.

So when we go down the list of farm animals (that we eat) we already have:

Cow - Mad Cow
Chicken - Avian Flu
Pigs - Swine Flu

So what's left? Goat/sheep, ducks and that's pretty much it...

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:14 PM   #13

You think the bus is bad, try flying. I just got back from TO this past weekend and I've been sick ever since. Thankfully I feel much better today.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #14
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Prevention is pretty much common sense, washing your hands, avoiding touching your face when you're in public is a big one, too.

I also heard this on the radio the other day, drink plenty of water and apparently, the good bacteria in Probiotic yogurt would help in prevention too.

I carry around a box of those anti-bacterial wet wipes in the car. Wipe your hands after grocery shopping, etc. Clean your steering wheel regularly too, that apparently collects more bacteria than your toilet seat.
LemonH2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:01 PM   #15
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,339 Times in 5,648 Posts
i had the flu starting tuesday morning, was puking and diareaha not too often, but fairly regularaly since then, today im pretty much 90% better and going back to work tom, wasnt too bad so i dunno if it was swine, but pretty sure it was the flu
Old 10-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #16

I had diarrhea for a day but i quickly popped imodium. Yesterday I was fine but my stomach was in knots. Today, no stomach issues but I have a mild cough, head and teeth hurt but nothing major. Ran 5km+ all 3 days so I know it's not the swine flu. Oh, how I love flu season.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:55 AM   #17
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
I caught a cold last week. Headache, sore throat, shivering and runny nose.

NeoCitran works like magic though.
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:18 AM   #18
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
I teach ESL downtown and some of these kids treat their education more faithfully than their religion (and they're Koreans, so they take their religion pretty seriously).

I hate it when my students show up sick or feverish and then WON'T LEAVE despite knowing that they're going to get others sick. Fucking disgusts me.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #19
I STILL don't get it

i Just got the h1n1 flu on saturday... out of no where.
when the doctor says " youll know if you have h1n1 because the next day you will feel like youre dieing "

It wasnt "just" a regular flu, it is probobly one of the worst experiences ive gone through, feel pretty bad for anyone else who goes through it or has died from it as well.
Horrible.
104 temperature
chills
vomiting
passing out
trouble breathing for my self
confusion/hallucinations

the list goes on.. but the symptoms are a lot like regular flu just 8x's worse.

Was quarantined at a walk-in ; mask and put in a corner. ( LOL )
Fainted at walmart waiting for my tamiflu pills and resperatory pills.
Needed oxygen because it attacked my resperatory system so bad.

I doubt many men well get it, there hasent been to many stories of it.
so far its affecting young women and children.
Just keep the sanitizer in your pocket!

dont get sick guys! ..oink oink oink!

- 84 civic -
- 89 ef -
- 93 eg -
- 92 eg built ls-v -
- 89 240 coupe sr20 -
- DD , 90 ef slammed, loud and extremely obnoxious to wake up you island drivers.
..::lazybum::.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:29 PM   #20
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

At Canucks games, the number of men you see walking out of the washrooms zipping up their jeans is disgusting. Many people do not wash their hands after going to the washroom. The outbreak for the swine flu is believed to be coming in about 3-4 weeks.

Are people going to get the vaccination? I have mixed feelings about it. It hasn't been tested and we don't know the long terms effects or any effects of it. Health professionals are saying if you don't get the swine flu this year you'll get it next year and so on. I just don't know if I want to get it the vaccination. I take all the precautions I can. I swear I wash my hands like 50 times a day.
MR_BIGGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:09 PM   #21
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post
At Canucks games, the number of men you see walking out of the washrooms zipping up their jeans is disgusting. Many people do not wash their hands after going to the washroom. The outbreak for the swine flu is believed to be coming in about 3-4 weeks.

Are people going to get the vaccination? I have mixed feelings about it. It hasn't been tested and we don't know the long terms effects or any effects of it. Health professionals are saying if you don't get the swine flu this year you'll get it next year and so on. I just don't know if I want to get it the vaccination. I take all the precautions I can. I swear I wash my hands like 50 times a day.
I recently had to read up on this and from my biased opinion i think ppl should get the vaccine. if you're at risk (pregnant women, health care workers or young child) even more so. I just think if you weigh the risks and benefits you will do better with the vaccine. I see a lot of diff ppl where i work so i will be getting it.

the number of ppl who died from swine flu (aka spanish flu) after world war 1 was 3-7x greater than the deaths from the war itself (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu)

Many are scared the vaccine will be a repeat of the 1976 fiasco when there was a flu vaccine that supposedly "caused" ppl to get an auto immune disease. they found that 1 additional person out of 1 million vaccinated people may be at risk for GBS associated with the seasonal influenza vaccine (http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/vaccination/gbs_qa.htm). Even so, this cause was not proven

here is a place to monitor h1n1 in our province:
http://www.bccdc.ca/resourcematerial...anSwineFlu.htm

still your choice in the end...
TripleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #22
degenerate extraordinaire

Currently I think I'm in the beginning stages of it. Was feeling sick during the weekend, and this morning I started getting a fever. I mean, it wasn't crazy like the one lazybum has, mine was about 100F.

With that said, my mom was told to go home to quarantine on thursday, and she has been pretty miserable the past few days. I, on the other hand have not felt as miserable as she has. I've been taking 1000mg vitamin C pills, popping coldfx/tylenol flu and taking tamiflu. Hopefully I won't feel the full effects of it

Right now I've experienced a fever, chills, tiny bit of body ache, runny nose and lots of coughing.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:15 AM   #23
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:35 PM   #24
Founder, RS Veteran

I got the H1N1 vaccine and Seasonal Flu shot yesterday at my workplace. One shot in each arm.. DAMN, my arms were sore like a mother this morning! Anyhow, I felt queezy the whole day. Headache, chills, fatigue. Damn, I wondered if it was better NOT to get the vaccination. Oh well too late.

Bored? Follow jACE on Twitter or check out his homepage.
jACEDesignsLtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:12 PM   #25
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I don't know if I had H1N1 or not but I had the longest lasting flu I've ever had. It lasted for 9 days and was pretty brutal, standard shit. After about 5 days of it not getting better I called my Doctor who told me to call 811 before coming in. The nurse there told me to just stay home unless I had problems breathing or it got worse. Since I wasn't high risk of dieing no point in coming in. The symptoms started on a Friday and didn't get better until the following Sunday, missed a week of work.

Symptoms included

Cough
Sore Throat
Congestion
Body Aches
No energy
Headaches

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote