REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #51
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

got mine today. perfectly fine until later in the evening, and now it's sore. ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu

yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:53 AM   #52
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..::lazybum::.. View Post
Awe i hope you get better guys.

I wont be getting the shot nor will i allow my boyfriend to .

There are some people who have had some harsh allergic reactions to it.
Sad to hear. But i wouldnt trust it until its been out for more than 6 - 8 months.
i've decided not to get it at all.
the mortality rate for h1n1 is lower than that of the common flu.
its been found to be between .007 and .048% in some studies

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory?id=9271973
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:56 PM   #53
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

well it's a preventative measure. for example, dying from hep B and varicella (chicken pox) is really low now because of available vaccines. however, if you don't take the vaccine, then you're susceptible to these diseases. i'll be in healthcare so it's mandatory for me, but if you're dealing with a lot of people, i don't think it would hurt to take the vaccine.
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #54
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

It's also important to note that, the decision to getting the h1n1 shot is not all about whether you want to protect yourself or not, but it's also about preventing the spread of the disease to the population....
XtC_13aBy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #55
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Kendall said B.C. has submitted at least 232 reports of moderate to serious adverse reactions in 176 people (some had multiple symptoms) to the Public Health Agency of Canada.

..[snip]

The 232 adverse events, associated with 1.3 million vaccinations, also included severe pain, fevers accompanied by other symptoms like seizures, and joint pain.
http://www.vancouversun.com/health/H...352/story.html
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:32 PM   #56
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Hines View Post
The sad part is alot of people actually dont wash their hands regularly. Not even after using the washroom. Its fuckin disgusting.
And they wonder why everyone gets sick..Fuckin idiots
Yeah man. Even Heath Ledger's Joker sanitized his hands after visiting Harvey Dent in hospital!
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote