REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 10-28-2009, 01:42 PM   #26
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

I prefer assigned seating too.

Why would anyone prefer to line up and do the first come first serve thing?
Advertisement
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-28-2009, 04:20 PM   #27
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Build a home theater, that way you will always have the best seat in the house.
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #28
d1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmecar View Post
Actually, some theatres allow you to buy and print your tickets online, skip the box office and walk directly to the auditorium when you get to the theatre. This service called "Print, Skip, Scan". I never used it but they keep advertising it just before my movie starts.
The system is stupid - they don't actually scan the tickets. You could easily buy/print one ticket and just make copies of it.
d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:44 PM   #29
I don't get it

^
i do the print skip scan thing for big releases like harry potter or something, but eitherway you still need to wait in the line to get into the theatre. It just saves you time from waiting line at he box office.
But i would prefer assignmed seating just cause the lineup for new releases are just too fkn long and i hate going an hour early to find the line already snaking throughout the building grr.
NimbeeTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:49 PM   #30
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff99 View Post
I prefer assigned seating too.

Why would anyone prefer to line up and do the first come first serve thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NimbeeTT View Post
^
i do the print skip scan thing for big releases like harry potter or something, but eitherway you still need to wait in the line to get into the theatre. It just saves you time from waiting line at he box office.
But i would prefer assignmed seating just cause the lineup for new releases are just too fkn long and i hate going an hour early to find the line already snaking throughout the building grr.
I actually don't mind the whole line-up thing. I'm not an impatient person by any any means, but I usually don't like waiting in line ups. However, if there's a movie coming out that I'm really looking forward to, I honestly don't mind waiting in line to get a good seat, especially if it's opening night. I go there expecting it to be busy, so I take it all in stride as "part of the experience." Besides, if you go with friends, it's a good chance to simply hang out and chat.

If you don't want to wait in a line up, especially on opening night, either go early in the day when most people are still at school/working, or for the last showing of the night.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:53 PM   #31
My homepage has been set to RS

^^ to add to that....i just don't understand why a lot of people rush to see a movie on opening weekend. Its a movie! Great that you get a chance to see it on opening weekend....but its not the end of the world if you don't!
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:29 PM   #32
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

When i was in Rome this summer i thought it would be sweet to watch angels and demons before we went sight-seeing the next day so we went to the english theatre and got some tickets. we just missed the first showing and were like 2 hours early for the next one. we got food, picked out the best seats and hungout. the theatre filled up, as it was opening weekend and literally two minutes before the movie started some fucking italian douche bag without a word of english kicked us out of his seats. I was SO choked. we found our assigned seats and they were taken by another couple who didnt know it was assigned seats either... their seats were taken too.. it was a mess so we just ended up finding some empty seats in the back corner. fuck assigned seating
Ax2-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:57 PM   #33
Director of RS Cares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ax2-Y View Post
and literally two minutes before the movie started some fucking italian douche bag without a word of english kicked us out of his seats. I was SO choked.
how can you be choked at the `fucking italian douche bag` when you took his seats in the first place

edit: oh wait, you didn`t know
Old 10-29-2009, 12:56 AM   #34
I don't get it

as other people have mentioned, the conditions of the silvercity theatres is getting pretty close to what the old theatres were like in station square.

i went to watch a movie and came in during the previews. i didn't realize it, but one of my arm rests was broken and the theatre replaced it with a piece of wood.

i wouldn't be too happy if i paid for an assigned seat that was broken or had gum stuck to it.
NiceGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:19 AM   #35
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Hey man if i'm paying for 15 a movie, i should be able to sit where ever the fuck i want.
6insomnia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-29-2009, 01:29 AM   #36
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6insomnia9 View Post
Hey man if i'm paying for 15 a movie, i should be able to sit where ever the fuck i want.
You can sit where ever you want, you just pick your seat when you buy the ticket
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:29 AM   #37
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
You can sit where ever you want, you just pick your seat when you buy the ticket
That works too but why go through the hassle?
6insomnia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:34 AM   #38
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
It's not a hassle when you don't have to deal with idiots who run into the cinema to hog seats, and reserve seats for each other, and you don't h ave to worry about making it right on time, you can go casually whenever you want. And you don't have to worry about having to leave your seat to take a piss or whatever, and losing your spot.

Basically, there are only advantages to assigned seating, and no disadvantages. I really can't believe anyone sees it any other way other than "that's how it has always been done".
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:32 AM   #39
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
i can't believe how stupid ppl are here.

people also forget you can buy assigned seated tickets from other places other than the theatre
you could be at 7-11 or some shit, go use their little computer thingy and buy your ticket and choose your seat there.

you can preview and see how full the theatre is, why bother going if all the good seats are already taken up? and you know well ahead of time.

you can even just browse through different movies playing at different times and see which seats are free, and pick the one with the best seats.

like skinnypupp said, there ARE no disadvantages.

if the theatre is fuckin empty, u can sit wherever u want, just move quietly after you're sure no one's gonna show up with a ticket with that seat in it.

there's so many advantages, our current system wastes so much time.

say you, a keener decides to show up early, like 2 hours early for a new movie, u pick your seat that you deserve cuz you showed up early, then you fuck off and do whatever u want and come back later.

people that decide to get their tickets later should have worse seats. that's the way it should be. why should some fuckin douche that buys their ticket last minute get to push everyone outta the way and run up to the best seats sit down and then say "sorry this row is taken"?
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2009, 08:12 AM   #40
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BITCHES!!!

But no, it's such a pain in the ass if it's a popular movie and you have to sit in the first row or get there an hour early >:O
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:02 AM   #41
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,183 Posts
I am in favour of assigned seats in movie theatres for the reasons stated above. Unfortunately, Vancouver is adverse to progress, so you won't see assigned seats any time soon.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:33 PM   #42
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
i think part of the reason they dont do that is by having people come 45 minutes early it almost makes people spend $15 on popcorn and pop to pass the time waiting for the next showing.

and plus this whole "why should i have to go early to get a good seat... why should i have to goto the theater to see if its full.... id rather order tickets online from home..." why dont you just rent a dvd instead since youre so damn lazy. society these days...

i wish there was an express lane at tim hortons in the morning for people with a huge sence of entitlement. the regular line would be empty.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:57 PM   #43
Founder, RS Veteran

Good point. The concessions is where the theatres make the money, not the movie ticket sales. Correct me if I'm wrong. So the longer you wait, the hungrier you get, the thirstier you get, cha ching. Anyone used to work in the theatres?

For me, I typically rent movies or go to my buddy's condo (they have a small theatre you can book for watching movies... so wicked). But if it's a new movie where you know the special effects are going to kick ass, then you've got to go to Silvercity and get the full experience.

oh while we're stirring up the pot, how about when you're lining up for a new release (you've arrived early and planned ahead of time) and the groups infront of you let their like 10 of their friends who all came last minute budge in? rofl.

Bored? Follow jACE on Twitter or check out his homepage.
jACEDesignsLtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:20 PM   #44
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,107 Times in 271 Posts
Wait....are you saying people could line up two days before a big movie comes out and get the best seats. Then he comes like 10 minutes into the commercials? Yeah....No.
KingDeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #45
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jACE View Post
Good point. The concessions is where the theatres make the money, not the movie ticket sales. Correct me if I'm wrong. So the longer you wait, the hungrier you get, the thirstier you get, cha ching. Anyone used to work in the theatres?

For me, I typically rent movies or go to my buddy's condo (they have a small theatre you can book for watching movies... so wicked). But if it's a new movie where you know the special effects are going to kick ass, then you've got to go to Silvercity and get the full experience.

oh while we're stirring up the pot, how about when you're lining up for a new release (you've arrived early and planned ahead of time) and the groups infront of you let their like 10 of their friends who all came last minute budge in? rofl.
True. Most movie ticket revenue goes to the studios.

There is no reason for theaters in North America to have assigned seating. It's like a price war. The only winners in a price war, are the consumers.
misteranswer is offline   Reply With Quote