REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 10:13 AM   #26
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Don't even insure your car man, just drive around with no insurance. Yeah you'll get fined, but obviously you don't care about that.
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2010, 10:14 AM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

lol..dont drive donkey..if you dont pay your bill theyre gonna charge you ALOT of interest..hahahahahahah
Old 03-26-2010, 10:19 AM   #28
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
Time to hop on the skyshit for the next while OP
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-26-2010, 10:25 AM   #29
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2aDDicT View Post
didnt read the replies but private insurance companies still go through icbc so either way you have to pay what you owe.
Private companies only offer the "optional" portion of the insurance - collision, comprehensive, etc. The rest is still thru ICBC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Old 03-26-2010, 10:27 AM   #30
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WGPluto View Post
Ok so I owe a lot of money to ICBC and I guess the city of Richmond?? for traffic tickets. About $1500 worth of tickets. Anywho obviously I don't want to pay and the period in which I can dispute the tickets has passed. Heres the problem: ICBC won't let me insure my car until I pay all the fines. Is there any way around this? Meaning insuring my car without paying ICBC. Could I get it insured by another company like Canadian Direct Insurance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
This post thanked by:
Old 03-26-2010, 04:38 PM   #31
ah_some

driving w/o insurance = $568.00 I believe.
but if you pay within 30 days, $25 off.. woot woot?

regardless
if you want to continue to drive, may i suggest you take some courses to refresh your memory on how to drive.

CoLoRs member #19 [The Enforcer, you maggots!]
RSB #6

Old 03-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #32
I don't get it

You'll love having insurance when claim time comes after you speed into a minivan load of kids and they dont pay because of misrepresentation Bwahaha Good Luck Dumbass!
Old 03-27-2010, 12:03 AM   #33
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah_cat View Post
driving w/o insurance = $568.00 I believe.
but if you pay within 30 days, $25 off.. woot woot?

regardless
if you want to continue to drive, may i suggest you take some courses to refresh your memory on how to drive.
and 6 points too i think
-10 Fit
Old 03-29-2010, 12:31 AM   #34
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
I'm going to be a nice guy and give you some facts.

1. If you think $1500 is expensive, go ahead, spend the money, go to Alberta, get an Alberta Licence and find out how expensive insurance is over there (especially when they reference your BCDL and find out how many tickets you have).

-ICBC coverage is strictly based on your claim rated scale. No at fault claims, no debt to them, your cost is basically set.
-Private insurance in Alberta will take your age, vehicle and driving history into account. Male+ under 25+ bad driving history+ sports car = most expensive insurance you've seen.

2. The debt you owe ICBC/MVB has interest - compound interest. Don't pay it for 5 years and find out how much it adds up.

3. When does you BCDL expire? FYI you won't be able to renew it until your debt with ICBC and MVB is settled.

4. ICBC/MVB = Crown/government agency. If and when they decide to collect, hopefully you won't have a legitimate job - they'll take your tax returns, GST and possibly garnish wages.

-If I'm not mistaken, statute barred doesn't apply to government debts either.
-In reference to my second point, if it gets to the point where they decide to collect, the accumulated interest will make the original debt look like a bargain.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2010, 09:19 AM   #35
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,066 Times in 1,184 Posts
Damn it, too much time has passed since his initial post, and I can't fail him.

Quoted just in case:

Quote:
Ok so I owe a lot of money to ICBC and I guess the city of Richmond?? for traffic tickets. About $1500 worth of tickets. Anywho obviously I don't want to pay and the period in which I can dispute the tickets has passed. Heres the problem: ICBC won't let me insure my car until I pay all the fines. Is there any way around this? Meaning insuring my car without paying ICBC. Could I get it insured by another company like Canadian Direct Insurance?
Hey SkinnyPupp, this thread needs to be moved to VOT as well!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 04-13-2010, 01:50 PM   #36
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post

1. If you think $1500 is expensive, go ahead, spend the money, go to Alberta, get an Alberta Licence and find out how expensive insurance is over there (especially when they reference your BCDL and find out how many tickets you have).

-ICBC coverage is strictly based on your claim rated scale. No at fault claims, no debt to them, your cost is basically set.
-Private insurance in Alberta will take your age, vehicle and driving history into account. Male+ under 25+ bad driving history+ sports car = most expensive insurance you've seen.

2. The debt you owe ICBC/MVB has interest - compound interest. Don't pay it for 5 years and find out how much it adds up.

3. When does you BCDL expire? FYI you won't be able to renew it until your debt with ICBC and MVB is settled.

4. ICBC/MVB = Crown/government agency. If and when they decide to collect, hopefully you won't have a legitimate job - they'll take your tax returns, GST and possibly garnish wages.

-In reference to my second point, if it gets to the point where they decide to collect, the accumulated interest will make the original debt look like a bargain.
Wow I didn't know about the INTEREST part..
Old 04-21-2010, 07:08 PM   #37
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post

Garnish wages?? They're not garnishing shit lmao. I just got 2 grand back on my tax return. And I didn't mean I'd ever be coming back to shit hole BC after I changed my insurer. I just don't want it to stop me from being insured somewhere else. And it doesn't. I just won't ever be able to come back to BC and insure my car OH NO
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-22-2010, 04:52 AM   #38
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
WOWOWOWOW if you the goverment money, they gona get you... im guessing you will get a WARRENT for your arrest sooner or later!! oweing the government isnt a good thing... they are rape you and tear a new hole in your "you-know-what"

with $1500 in fines... damn... you not gona get to renew your license for awhile even if you DO pay it all off now!!!
Old 04-22-2010, 04:54 AM   #39
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
I just got 2 grand back on my tax return.
lol that just means your job isnt pay you enough!!! and when the government comes after you.. you wont have money.. i smell JAIL TIME

ICBC isnt a private insurer.. just to let you know...

hmm.. double posted!!! damn i failed
Old 04-22-2010, 08:19 AM   #40
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

wow you suck at driving, pay your tickets!
Old 04-22-2010, 10:01 AM   #41
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Man up!
2000 Acura Integra Type R #858 -- original owner
2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Old 04-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #42
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Garnish wages?? They're not garnishing shit lmao. I just got 2 grand back on my tax return. And I didn't mean I'd ever be coming back to shit hole BC after I changed my insurer. I just don't want it to stop me from being insured somewhere else. And it doesn't. I just won't ever be able to come back to BC and insure my car OH NO
I highly doubt that any insurance company is going to insure you. If you think it's any cheaper, think again. I did some rough quotes for alberta and it's gonna cost the same or about $1000 more a year.

More then likely they'll get your insurance history from your previous insurer unless you want to try to pull a fast one on them. I've tried to get insurance with Canadian Direct and forgot to mention a ticket from 4 years earlier and the cancelled my insurance.

Don't be a dumbass, pay your tickets.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:49 PM   #43
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Garnish wages?? They're not garnishing shit lmao. I just got 2 grand back on my tax return.
No. It just means it hasn't gone to collections yet.

Trust me, I've seen it happen.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:22 AM   #44
HELP ME PLS!!!

How the hell do u get 2k back??? Geez! I need your job man!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-29-2010, 08:56 PM   #45
I STILL don't get it

Buy an electric scooter and drive it on the sidewalk.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:36 PM   #46
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite View Post
Buy an electric scooter and drive it on the sidewalk.
Best quote iv read all day LMAO hhahaa
dude you are fucked i say just pay the fine and go insure with alberta u got what 2k back from income tax just use that to pay off some of it u gotta be stupid to try and out smart the government..
Old 05-10-2010, 07:44 PM   #47
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Do you what you plan on doing OP. Let us know what happenes...if you are not in jail by then!

Past:
1st - 1995 Eagle Talon ESi - Auto
2nd - 1997 VW Golf CL - 5spd
3rd - 1995 BMW 318Ti - 5spd
4th - 1998 VW GTI VR6 - 5spd
5th - 1996 Infiniti I30 - Auto
6th - 2006 VW Jetta 2.0T - 6spd
7th - 2013 Kia Rio Hatch SX - Auto
Old 05-10-2010, 07:57 PM   #48
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
You should use the 2k you got from the government and use that to pay what you owe. Not only will you have a clear concious, but you will avoid future headaches. Don't be a cheap asshole and pay what you owe.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 05-17-2010, 11:53 PM   #49
JLC
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

WGPluto you need to grow up...these immature actions are only going to come back to haunt you...

What do you think is going to heppen next time you try to finance/lease a new car, or even get a mortgage for a new house? My guess is this isnt for many years for you because you obviously 1, can't afford to buy any of these things, and 2, are not old enough to either...Wait...looks like you're not gonna be able to get a laon from the bank for anything, nor get a credit card...Simply put, if you're plan on getting any credit for anything, you will get denied...

Anyways..this is all small potatoes compared to having the goverment coming after you...and if you can't pay when they finally do come after you (and believe it...they will...) you're going to jail...lol

BTW, yes ICBC does suck...but hell you're even worse! haha
Old 05-18-2010, 12:49 AM   #50
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Okay there's no sense in arguing with a brick wall so...we're done here.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Closed Thread