REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Have you been cheated? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/613780-have-you-been-cheated.html)

Meister1982 05-04-2010 06:04 PM

Have you been cheated?

Just wondering since I recently just broke up because I found out I was being cheated and actually was the third person.

I felt terrible and need some suggestions and guidance. My ex really regret doing this and there's nothing much I can really do. I still have feelings for her but I don't think I'll go out again with her unless I can sense that she changed for good. It won't be anytime soon though.

As for now, what can I do to make myself feel better? I know this isn't my fault but I never knew something like this would happen to me. I can't understand how someone you trust so much would cheat on you. Is it something that's really common nowadays? I don't talk to her anymore since she's back with her boyfriend now (but she still have feelings for me) but I don't think it matters now.

Jobo 05-04-2010 06:11 PM

www.revscene.net.
Twanger thread is your friend.:thumbsup:

on a more serious note:
Do things you enjoy, like your hobbies and whatnot. Get your mind off of it.

Kim Jong Un 05-04-2010 06:17 PM

holla at me!! :D

tiger_handheld 05-04-2010 07:02 PM

chill with the bro's .

Noir 05-04-2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meister1982 (Post 6937972)
Just wondering since I recently just broke up because I found out I was being cheated and actually was the third person.

I felt terrible and need some suggestions and guidance. My ex really regret doing this and there's nothing much I can really do. I still have feelings for her but I don't think I'll go out again with her unless I can sense that she changed for good. It won't be anytime soon though.

FYI, there's nothing wrong with feeling this way. Just because she may be a terrible girlfriend doesn't always mean that the person is terrible person either. Other than her relationship qualities, there may be other things that may make her a great person and it's possible that those are the things that you still like about her.

BTW, there are cheaters that can change. You just have to trust me on this one. :thumbsup:

barcode 05-04-2010 09:18 PM

My friend told me to buy something very expensive so I got a set of volks for my car, it actually made me forget about the pain she cost me. But that was a short term fix.

What help me was to do something I have always wanted to do, traveling. So far I have visited 10 destinations and loving it. Traveling did help me, made friends around the world, I kept contact with them and took majority of my free time. Now I am over her and met someone new.

n3w8ie-aler 05-04-2010 10:04 PM

sounds too expensive

Quote:

Originally Posted by barcode (Post 6938214)
My friend told me to buy something very expensive so I got a set of volks for my car, it actually made me forget about the pain she cost me. But that was a short term fix.

What help me was to do something I have always wanted to do, traveling. So far I have visited 10 destinations and loving it. Traveling did help me, made friends around the world, I kept contact with them and took majority of my free time. Now I am over her and met someone new.

sexyaccord 05-04-2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meister1982 (Post 6937972)
I was being cheated and actually was the third person.

she's back with her boyfriend now

so you were the cheater in the first place?

Mugen EvOlutioN 05-05-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

nice choice, i dig that
:thumbsup:

Jsunu 05-05-2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexyaccord (Post 6938301)
so you were the cheater in the first place?

Well in a way but I assume the guy didn't know. So on top of the fact that she cheated, he was also not the main guy in her relationship triangle.

tiger_handheld 05-05-2010 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n3w8ie-aler (Post 6938276)
sounds too expensive

its not expensive n3w8ie.

sonick 05-05-2010 08:16 AM

Go to Vegas.

liu13 05-05-2010 08:25 AM

shouldnt have gotten so attached but it wasn't your fault

cut off contact then find a fresh piece of meat

MrGoodbar 05-05-2010 09:46 AM

It's her loss. her cheating ways will catch up with her and eventually when she becomes a well-known hoochie, no one will want her because everyone on the block will find out. i'm sure her friends already know and word spreads faster than her legs.

M0NTEG0 05-05-2010 11:39 AM

hang out with the bros and hook up with as much as possible. The hotter the better.

In time you will heal. That is unless you stay in contact with her then you will just drag out the pain even longer.

Ulic Qel-Droma 05-05-2010 12:58 PM

next time, try a different type of girl. you keep doin the same thing, you're gonna keep getting the same results right?

nipples 05-05-2010 10:16 PM

i cut myself. lots.

yuusha 05-05-2010 10:21 PM

Three times? Ouch, bro, I mean once is unacceptable but three fuckin' times?

I dunno, the very moment someone loses your trust it's almost impossible to recover. You gave her two chances already and there's no point in giving any more once she's proven herself disloyal.

I find music really helps, especially if u play an instrument. :) Actually, even singing helps, lol. Just avoid breakup songs.

DGiRL 05-06-2010 07:38 PM

remember it's not your fault and do things that make you happy.
most of all, don't rush into another relationship until you feel you have fully healed from this. if you haven't, then it'll spill into your new relationship and kill it with jealousy and insecurity.

time, friends, hobbies heal everything...and it's okay to cry if you need to :)

mr.rakkar 05-07-2010 07:40 AM

Quote:

exactly, when i broke up with my gf i went n bought a breitling it made me feel pretty good :D

RunningFree 05-07-2010 06:13 PM

^ you sir, have good taste in timepieces.

To the OP, F that biatch... go find some new tail to hit on. Sure you may have feelings for her, but she's got issues down to the core. Don't waste your time on it... she's not worth the effort.

Minata 05-07-2010 07:03 PM

thats shitty...she doesn't deserve you. only time is going to make you feel better.

m4k4v4li 05-11-2010 08:19 PM

do things that are productive to keep yourself preoccupied
hit the gym, work extra hours, call up your bootycalls... show her what a mistake it was

my buddy got cheated on and he found a new gf, went back to school and moved on and his ex is going nuts and can't get her head around how hes past that

Meister1982 05-12-2010 12:30 PM

thanks guys. I'm already at 80% of my recovery. Used to check on her 80 times a day. Now I'm down to 2. Eventually everything should be good.

I have to say spending money does help to a certain extent. I didn't buy toys, but instead I spent it going to the gym, chilling with LOTS of friends etc.

Never thought something like this would actually happen on me. I was too naive. Fucking scary if you think back that she lied so much about everything.

greendb7 05-12-2010 03:39 PM

maybe a late reply, but just go out and do ANYTHING, it will get your mind off of it.
friends are friends for a reason
and also, once a cheater always a cheater
do not get back with her ever
plenty of fish in the sea