REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #26
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

nutritional value and mr freeze really don't belong in the same sentence. it's like ordering the combo meal at mickey d's. not really a meal
Advertisement
xzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #27
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
type 2 diabetes is a new disease, and whats newer is that its now found in young children.
people crave these kinds of foods and its a problem!
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #28
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Huh? What's the diff between C and c when it comes to calories?
cal is calories
Cal is kilocalories = kcal
Old 05-20-2010, 03:54 AM   #29
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
Nice slippery slope fallacy.
They're a gateway drug.
misteranswer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2010, 04:42 AM   #30
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
come on man, be real. Not every parent is a dumb fuck. I was raised to eat shit loads of vegetables, and meats. It all comes to cultural background. You probably had a lazy mom that fed you mcdonalds every day.
Well just because you had good parents, doesn't mean we all did. And with so many people getting fatter and having more issues with metabolic syndrome and diabetes, it's clear that more and more parents are of the lazy variety.

And you're right, I did have a mom that fed me junk food all the time. That's why I am speaking from experience. I know you were expecting to insult me with that little quip...

The 'slippery slope fallacy' isn't fallacy at all, it's reality. It's more common with poorer families, but that's not exactly an excuse. But to deny reality is the biggest form of ignorance you could possibly have.

I'm glad you were raised eating good food (really, I am) but we're not talking about you in particular, or me. We're talking about the general public at large. Good parents, shitty parents, and all in between.

If you can continue the discussion without attempting to insult people, please do!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:50 AM   #31
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I sure do love me some g-force slurpees!
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:25 AM   #32
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Well just because you had good parents, doesn't mean we all did. And with so many people getting fatter and having more issues with metabolic syndrome and diabetes, it's clear that more and more parents are of the lazy variety.

And you're right, I did have a mom that fed me junk food all the time. That's why I am speaking from experience. I know you were expecting to insult me with that little quip...

The 'slippery slope fallacy' isn't fallacy at all, it's reality. It's more common with poorer families, but that's not exactly an excuse. But to deny reality is the biggest form of ignorance you could possibly have.

I'm glad you were raised eating good food (really, I am) but we're not talking about you in particular, or me. We're talking about the general public at large. Good parents, shitty parents, and all in between.

If you can continue the discussion without attempting to insult people, please do!
No from what you said, its definitely a slippery slope fallacy. Don't fail me because I'm right.

It goes like:
1. Event X has occurred (or might occur).
2. Therefore event Y will inevitably happen.

You said Freezies are terrible because they leads to McDonalds and Tim Hortons and pasta and potatoes!!

I had Freezies every year in the summer maybe 5-6 times in the summer at picnics etc as a treat. My parents never took me to McDonalds or Tim Hortons ever (thankfully.. I only went to those places on my own as a teen because everyone hungout/ate there )

So the problem therefore isn't Freezies, its shitty parenting. Indeed soft drinks are a much bigger problem.... and contribute far more to diabetes than Mr. Freezes. your time would probably be better spent on attacking them rather then Freezies... according to your logic it's far more child abusive to be drinking coke.

In today's society, freezies are treats. Coke/slurpies is a drink. KFC and Pizza Pockets and large orders of fries and gravy are meals. Big difference in consumption. Kids drink Mountain Dew like its fucking water. So again, the problem is not the Freezies, it's shitty parenting.

Regardless, interesting discussion thus far.

Last edited by LiquidTurbo; 05-20-2010 at 09:36 AM.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-21-2010, 03:54 PM   #33
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post

Tax incentives to learn cooking would be a good idea.

I believe that people can eat grains its just that too many people are eatting processed foods, out of a box and its ruining their health.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:53 PM   #34
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
No from what you said, its definitely a slippery slope fallacy. Don't fail me because I'm right.

It goes like:
1. Event X has occurred (or might occur).
2. Therefore event Y will inevitably happen.

You said Freezies are terrible because they leads to McDonalds and Tim Hortons and pasta and potatoes!!

I had Freezies every year in the summer maybe 5-6 times in the summer at picnics etc as a treat. My parents never took me to McDonalds or Tim Hortons ever (thankfully.. I only went to those places on my own as a teen because everyone hungout/ate there )

So the problem therefore isn't Freezies, its shitty parenting. Indeed soft drinks are a much bigger problem.... and contribute far more to diabetes than Mr. Freezes. your time would probably be better spent on attacking them rather then Freezies... according to your logic it's far more child abusive to be drinking coke.

In today's society, freezies are treats. Coke/slurpies is a drink. KFC and Pizza Pockets and large orders of fries and gravy are meals. Big difference in consumption. Kids drink Mountain Dew like its fucking water. So again, the problem is not the Freezies, it's shitty parenting.

Regardless, interesting discussion thus far.

I didn't say it "leads to" other junk food. I just said it all adds up. One day you might have one junk food, another day you have another junk food. Having occasional junk food every day is no longer 'once in a while' is it? Then you have all the other junk food that gets ingested when it's not considered junk food - pop, etc. Plus you have the unhealthy breakfasts and dinners people eat, and it adds up even more.

And yes, it's shitty parenting. That is my entire fucking point.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:20 PM   #35
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

i think we are all to blame as a society. we demand cheap and fast. when those demands are met and we get a product that is tasty as well, it's pretty obvious why our health is slipping. that and the fact that the negative results of poor eating don't become obvious for most people until they hit their late 30s and 40s.

Quote:
Originally posted by MelonBoy
ya i brush regularly with calgate or crust
SizzleChest is offline   Reply With Quote