REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:39 PM   #26
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Bill 14 has passed 3rd reading and the exact wording is being worked on now and will possibly be ready late this summer. This is intended to not let the Bacon's hide their guns and drug smuggler to hide their dope. It's not intended to prohibit a caravan owner for having the fold away seats. They are talking about aftermarket conversions. Already there are hundreds of places to hide drugs in anormal vehicle without modding it.
it is already illegal to smuggle drugs and guns. why make an inanimate compartment illegal? the gov needs better things to spend time and money on then banning everything they can think of.

any time given is servered concurrently anyways. what's the point of making new laws and charging them with more stuff?. they still won't spend any time in jail anyways.
Advertisement
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:40 PM   #27
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91civicZC View Post
I want officers to be safe on the job, I dont want criminals like the bacon brothers to succeed in being able to hurt people without consequences, however where do we draw the line between guarding people and taking away personal rights and freedoms to do that?
Driving a car on the public streets is neither a right nor a freedom. You can do all kinds of wild mods to a car that doesn't go on the street, like a show car... using the public roads, though, is a PRIVILEGE that's subject to many, many more restrictive regulations than this one. Limiting your ability to install hidden compartments is no more an infringement than not allowing overblown lighting, rusted-out wheel wells, or big steel spikes on your bumpers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:47 PM   #28
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
I was once accused of stealin my work van. I was grabbin some tools out of my work van and placin them inside my work bag and saw cop lights come on. Police stepped out and asked me if the van was stolen, I said no and put my hands in my pocket to show him my work I'd and he freaked out and told me to put my hands in the air and step away from the car.
Wow, really? Imagine that!

Quote:
Cop proceeds to pat me down and pull shit out of my pocket when he saw my work I'd and realized what a fuck up he made. Officer said he assumed the car was stolen cause recently there has been lots of reports as well as the fact I looked too young to be working for such a company.

Needless to say I was super pissed off and my attitude towards the officer turned pretty nasty afterwards.
Posted via RS Mobile
Weaksauce. An easy mistake to make. If you were one of the guys whose van had been hit, you'd be glad the cop was erring on the side of caution.

I've had similar run-ins... got stopped in a road check once on the Arthur Laing, cops were grilling us as to where we were coming from, where we were going... they were looking for a white or light-colored van that had been involved in a hit-and-run... which incidentally, at first glance matched the van I was driving. When he saw the amount of rust in the damaged areas, he realized it was old damage, explained to us what they were looking for, and let us go on our way. No harm, no foul, and I certainly hope they caught the guy they were after. Why should I be pissed off about it? Until he stopped us and checked us out, he had no way of knowing that we weren't the van he was looking for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"

Last edited by Soundy; 06-18-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:17 AM   #29
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Wow, really? Imagine that!

Weaksauce. An easy mistake to make. If you were one of the guys whose van had been hit, you'd be glad the cop was erring on the side of caution.

I've had similar run-ins... got stopped in a road check once on the Arthur Laing, cops were grilling us as to where we were coming from, where we were going... they were looking for a white or light-colored van that had been involved in a hit-and-run... which incidentally, at first glance matched the van I was driving. When he saw the amount of rust in the damaged areas, he realized it was old damage, explained to us what they were looking for, and let us go on our way. No harm, no foul, and I certainly hope they caught the guy they were after. Why should I be pissed off about it? Until he stopped us and checked us out, he had no way of knowing that we weren't the van he was looking for.
I can understand why you think I was overacting but given that I was in the compound of my work keys hanging out my pocket and while I was searching into my pocket I was telling him I was going to produce my work ID for him to see.

I am pretty damn sure he was making shit up to cover up his fuck up plus I didn't realize "looking too young" was a good reason to accuse someone of theft
Old 06-19-2010, 11:02 AM   #30
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Already there are hundreds of places to hide drugs in anormal vehicle without modding it.
So what is this new law really going to accomplish?

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:17 PM   #31
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
I guess, for one thing, that the Bacons will not have any more hidden guns ? They didn't asdk me for my opinion so I'm just guessing.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:53 PM   #32
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

yeah probably not, as the law steps up gangsters will just get more creative when they hide things.
ToneCapone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:04 PM   #33
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Most people are flabbergasted when they learn that this panel on my car opens:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2086/...dccb7a6908.jpg

Space is just about right for a block of... well, never mind.

I think that act is an attempt to stop people from creating spaces in doors and other nooks and crannies to hide illegal substances (this is BC after all). Don't really see how they'll enforce it though--perhaps it's just intended as a deterrent to any shops who might be paid to do the job?