REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Best Korean BBQ in Vancouver/Richmond? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/618878-best-korean-bbq-vancouver-richmond.html)

kcl38 07-02-2010 06:00 PM

Best Korean BBQ in Vancouver/Richmond?

I've heard all the best places are out in Langley or Surrey but I want to find a good place to take a big group of people for a going away dinner next week. Can anyone suggest good Korean BBQ in Vancouver/Richmond? Ayce or not! :D

vafanculo 07-02-2010 06:04 PM

I've never been but I've had a few people I know tell me to visit the one next to no.9 at lansdowne
Posted via RS Mobile

icemiko 07-02-2010 08:52 PM

The service sucks there.

kcl38 07-02-2010 09:07 PM

I've heard nothing but bad things about the Landsdowne one. Other places?

Senna4ever 07-02-2010 09:36 PM

Hanwoori

cctw 07-03-2010 01:43 AM

the one on alexandra road is pretty good...its called "mother-in-law house" in chinese haha...dnt know about english

TOS'd 07-03-2010 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cctw (Post 7014445)
the one on alexandra road is pretty good...its called "mother-in-law house" in chinese haha...dnt know about english

Jang Mo Jib? The one next to the Four Points hotel?

Dangerphoto 07-03-2010 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 7014452)

+1

They serve very fresh meat there!!:thumbsup:

simsimi1004 07-03-2010 02:59 AM

Go Gung! its in coquitlam though

Drow 07-03-2010 03:50 AM

they used to have one in ackroyd place... across from save-ons in no.3. always went there with my buds back in high school.... soooo good too bad they closed it down :(

observer 07-03-2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simsimi1004 (Post 7014481)
Go Gung! its in coquitlam though

Agree!

cctw 07-03-2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 7014452)

yea...thats the one..imo best korean bbq in richmond..and korean food in general..but not ayce though

the korean place at ironwood mall is decent too..that one is ayce i think

SpuGen 07-03-2010 03:13 PM

Tons of "good" places on Robson, anywhere west of Nicola on Robson.

There's 2 on RObson and Jervis. Right in the complex where Fogg n Sudds is.
The Upstairs one has good food.
The one downstairs is also good, and is more of a drinking place.

murd0c 07-03-2010 04:12 PM

What good ones are in surrey and langley? I went to il uk jow a couple months back and it was not bad very slow service tho,
Posted via RS Mobile

Roach 07-05-2010 05:36 PM

^ I've heard good things about a place literally called Korean restaurant in Whalley. Haven't tried it yet though.

Some of my favourites:

Ap Gu Jung on Robson - Great atmosphere on the weekend. Usually packed. Hard to seat a large group but they are open quite late if you can go later.

One of my favourites is Insadong in Coquitlam located at the intersection of North Road and Lougheed. Parking is difficult there so carpool. However, they have a couple of large rooms that can be booked before hand. Great for a large group of about 20ppl.

If accommodating a large group is your priority, I prefer to go a lesser known place in Richmond called Dai Jung Kum. It's located on Bridgeport rd in the same plaza as the Brick & Lay-Z-Boy. Tons of parking and they have a large room in the back that can seat 40 people easily while having your doors closed off from the rest of the restaurant.

All three of the places mentioned above are NOT AYCE except for the small side dishes offered.

Good luck and let us know where you go. I love discovering new Korean restaurants.

Kev

DK33 07-05-2010 05:41 PM

Insadong - Coquitlam
Hanwoori - Burnaby Metrotown area
Seoul House - Surrey

WHEYsted 07-05-2010 06:40 PM

Kyung Bok Palace @ Lansdown is pretty good.

Ikkaku 07-05-2010 08:49 PM

^ I find that the service there is pretty lacking and they heavily favour tables that have at least a single Korean. My three experiences at that restaraunt have been similar which supports my claim, at least for myself.
Posted via RS Mobile

Roach 07-05-2010 10:04 PM

^ I agree. The service is infrequent. Never went back after the first try.

Kev

mkchoi0801 07-05-2010 10:11 PM

Kyung Bok Goong, In Sa Dong, Jang Mo Jib are all good choices.
Never go to Il Uk Jo, I consider it the worst Korean restaurant in Vancouver.

unit 07-05-2010 10:14 PM

i dont think ive ever had 'good' korean food in the gvrd (except my moms).
true story.

ziggyx 07-05-2010 11:06 PM

Jang Mo Jib in Richmond is pretty good. I went to try Jang Mo Jib on kingsway pass metro. I dunno if its just me but the service there sucked shit. Some friends and I went there waited in the lobby for service but the hostess looked really busy. Five minutes later she brought us to go food when we didn't order anything. Turns out it was for someone else. She then proceeded to seat other people who came in after us. We decided to let it slide. After we got seated no one brought us any tea or offered to take our orders but they were taking other people's orders. No problem we thought so I put up my hand to get a waitress. She tells us to wait a minute and then we go see her set up two fucking empty tables with chopsticks, bowls, etc. At this point we were fed up and walked out of the restaurant.

Aside from my rant lol, I like hanwoori and insadong.

Jer3 07-06-2010 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roach (Post 7017146)
^ I've heard good things about a place literally called Korean restaurant in Whalley. Haven't tried it yet though.

Some of my favourites:

Ap Gu Jung on Robson - Great atmosphere on the weekend. Usually packed. Hard to seat a large group but they are open quite late if you can go later.

One of my favourites is Insadong in Coquitlam located at the intersection of North Road and Lougheed. Parking is difficult there so carpool. However, they have a couple of large rooms that can be booked before hand. Great for a large group of about 20ppl.

If accommodating a large group is your priority, I prefer to go a lesser known place in Richmond called Dai Jung Kum. It's located on Bridgeport rd in the same plaza as the Brick & Lay-Z-Boy. Tons of parking and they have a large room in the back that can seat 40 people easily while having your doors closed off from the rest of the restaurant.

All three of the places mentioned above are NOT AYCE except for the small side dishes offered.

Good luck and let us know where you go. I love discovering new Korean restaurants.

Kev

i love ap gu jung. the dish that truely stands out for me there is that deep fried chicken with spicy sauce/pepper+salt?

Mugen EvOlutioN 07-06-2010 07:41 AM

Hanwoori on kinsway gets my vote

jimkim 07-06-2010 08:44 AM

how is the service "bad"? it is that they dont visit your table in a timely manner?

try pushing the call button... its not rude its just there style of service... only come by when called.

the koreans believe that it is rude to interrupt a table while dining unless called for

sooo... next time push the little call button on or beside your table... you'll hear a bell chime and a server will find there way to you