REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #26
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I have never said that I deserved help for driving while prohibited. But I am just hoping people that are kind enough to help me.

And yes I did received a lot of very good info and advice from zulutango and sho_bc.

SumAznGuy did not want to help, but he wasted his own time posting anyways.
I am not saying BallPeenHammer2 is not being helpful though... he did give some info. But I guess probably the thread shouldn't be closed yet 'cause I am still struggling and there might be some progress later... I will update you guys...
Advertisement
iambeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:12 PM   #27
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Dude. When it was suspended, there was a notice sent to you in regards to what will happen if you were to be caught driving during the suspension period. It was pretty black and white.

I'm sorry you got your suspension but seriously, was not a good idea to drive again.
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #28

I wasn't planning to drive at all. But like I said in my story, my friend just came to the country, and I did promise to his mom that I would take care of him.

Also I am not a Canadian and I didn't grow up here. I am quite bad at understanding the letter I have to say. I made a mistake to judge the consequences using my common sense learned from growing up in my home country... I didn't expect this to be a criminal charge... I thought it was just another traffic violation on top of it... in fact I know very little before I have gotten the ticket... I did a lot of research afterwards though, it is a bit too late but I hope there are some miracle or some sort of way to get to a less serious consequence...

Yet again, I've learned my lesson not driving while prohibited. Now it is just the cleaning up the mess part that I need to deal with...
Old 07-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #29
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Yah, from where I come from, Korea, drinking and driving is just another slap on the wrist. There are alot of road checks, mind you, but you get off pretty easy. I had no clue that it was a criminal conviction until recently.
mkchoi0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:32 PM   #30
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambeetle View Post
I wasn't planning to drive at all. But like I said in my story, my friend just came to the country, and I did promise to his mom that I would take care of him.

Also I am not a Canadian and I didn't grow up here. I am quite bad at understanding the letter I have to say. I made a mistake to judge the consequences using my common sense learned from growing up in my home country... I didn't expect this to be a criminal charge... I thought it was just another traffic violation on top of it... in fact I know very little before I have gotten the ticket... I did a lot of research afterwards though, it is a bit too late but I hope there are some miracle or some sort of way to get to a less serious consequence...

Yet again, I've learned my lesson not driving while prohibited. Now it is just the cleaning up the mess part that I need to deal with...
Im assuming you are a permanent resident, keep in mind that you have a chance to lose your status and get deported if you get a criminal conviction.

Get an excellent lawyer too
no_clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #31

I am not a PR and I want to apply for PR in a very short future...
Old 07-10-2010, 09:15 PM   #32
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Wow, a criminal record will definitely NOT help. I think you should seek professional help with that situation. Isn't it already pretty ridiculous to receive PR to begin with?
mkchoi0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:12 AM   #33
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Look dudes, driving while prohibited does not always mean it's an automatic criminal charge. I've had 2 when I was young.

But it can be. I think the OP's already dodged a big bullet. At this moment, wait and see. To the OP: I think you can write english well enough to read that letter and take it as it means. Even common sense would dictate, you don't have a license. you can't drive. Stop making excuses dude.
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:38 AM   #34
The "You'd Know" Moderator

http://www.cba.org/bc/public_media/automobiles/192.aspx

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:18 PM   #35
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Fine, jail, or both
For a first offence, a judge must fine you at least $500. But the judge does not have to send you to jail, and usually doesn’t.

For a second or subsequent offense, a judge will fine you at least $500 but not more than $2000 and must lock you up with murderers and rapists for at least 14 days.
Now if that isn't a good deterrent right there...

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #36
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Nah... those won't be locked up in pre-trial centers.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:10 PM   #37
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactX View Post
Nah... those won't be locked up in pre-trial centers.
They would be if they were awaiting trial

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote