REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 07-15-2010, 08:11 PM   #26
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,403 Times in 5,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
not really.

if it was the exact same reason people buy fake lv purses, why wouldnt they buy real used lv purses instead? because fake lv purses are 1/10th of the price, and real, used goods are usually not nearly as discounted.

whats really low is people who buy used, fake goods.
i figure it's comparable, outside of rare limited productions buying used clothing is basically wanting the look for a discounted price ie. fake designer

although in the end if you want to buy higher end used clothing and no one you see knows you bought it second hand, whats the difference i suppose
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2010, 09:12 PM   #27
Unauthorized Spammer

Buying used clothing also contributes to the seller, maybe the seller bought the item, left it in the closet for along time never wore it and wants to get rid of it.
fatal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:43 PM   #28
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
cuz its cheap as fuck!
No its the buyers that are cheap fucks. If u cant afford to buy your TRs or RRs new dont buy it
Posted via RS Mobile
rice cooker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-17-2010, 01:20 AM   #29
RS controls my life!

except some of us are not talking about those ugly ass jeans.

OP and you need to gtfo out of the B&S section on revscene. Since VX closed, all those kids have migrated here in hopes of selling their rhinestone, foil, ugly clothing.
filth is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2010, 11:08 AM   #30
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
^

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:40 AM   #31
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Vintage

/thread
Audi-Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:48 PM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by filth View Post
OP and you need to gtfo out of the B&S section on revscene. Since VX closed, all those kids have migrated here in hopes of selling their rhinestone, foil, ugly clothing.
I don't even buy/sell B&S section. I buy all my clothes at malls, outlets or upscale high end boutiques.
mqr03 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-17-2010, 08:12 PM   #33
RS controls my life!

"upscale high end boutiques"

sorry, boys co is not a upscale high end boutique. If you were actually interested in "fashion" then you would understand why some people buy used clothing.

fly nigga, i dont wear it if its in the mall
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-17-2010, 08:55 PM   #34
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by filth View Post
"upscale high end boutiques"

sorry, boys co is not a upscale high end boutique. If you were actually interested in "fashion" then you would understand why some people buy used clothing.

fly nigga, i dont wear it if its in the mall
I'd like to argue Boysco is pretty upscale considering they sell a lot of the premium brands of clothing. I don't shop there much because their selection isn't that great. I have a couple suits that I only wear on special occasions like weddings, interviews that cost $1500 when I bought brand new.
Even my sunglasses collection is valued at around a couple thousands dollars. I have 12 pairs of sunglasses that I switch around
So don't say I don't know anything about fashion.
mqr03 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-17-2010, 09:24 PM   #35
RS controls my life!

lol.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:55 AM   #36
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
I may be the oldest in my immediate family, but that never stopped me from getting hand-me-downs from cousins and stuff.

So I'm used to wearing used clothing.
I rarely buy used clothes, cause I just don't like the quality or look of most of the stuff, and being small, it's ridiculously hard to find my size.
So for the most part, it's just not worth my time to buy used.

I wouldn't be opposed to picking up a few very expensive, lightly used items, like goretex or an arcteryx softshell. Being high-end, that stuff rarely goes on sale.

I also take super good care of my stuff, so I have sold it off to friends.
I do this with clothes, electronics and whatever.
They know I'm super picky, and they are getting only the best.

Seems to work for us.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #37
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Like it or not boysco is considered higher end. It may not be nosebleed. But higher than what the average person would buy
Posted via RS Mobile
rice cooker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2010, 09:48 PM   #38
Need my Daily Fix of RS

As a Sales associate, there are countless amount of junkies, addicts, and bums that come in to try on clothes they end up not buying. Thank god for sanitizer, but to be honest sometimes the clothes in stores aren't much cleaner then used. And as for people that say those that buy used clothes are just tools that want to fit in. Well.. how about limited edition items or clothes that are next to impossible to find. for example- michael jacksons glove. yes its been over his crotch but that still sold for millions of dollars because it is a collectors item. Or some people just really like the clothing. dont be so quick to judge.
aikenluu918 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2010, 10:39 PM   #39
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

I swear this guy is a troll. He's getting fails like no tomorrow in all of the threads he visits.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-22-2010, 02:22 AM   #40
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKam View Post
I swear this guy is a troll. He's getting fails like no tomorrow in all of the threads he visits.
agreed, "failed 700 times in 85 posts" lol
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-22-2010, 11:15 AM   #41
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqr03 View Post
I'd like to argue Boysco is pretty upscale considering they sell a lot of the premium brands of clothing. I don't shop there much because their selection isn't that great. I have a couple suits that I only wear on special occasions like weddings, interviews that cost $1500 when I bought brand new.
Even my sunglasses collection is valued at around a couple thousands dollars. I have 12 pairs of sunglasses that I switch around

By the sounds of your highly flawed argument, purchasing items at Boysco and having 12 pairs of sunglasses translates into the possession of a good fashion sense? My God, did your parents drop you on the head when you were little? Or wait... Did they happen to be related before they were married? First of all, you're a dumbass if you ever bought a suit at Boysco for $1500. Lemme guess... The material was 80% foil, 15% silk, 5% uberhomo made exclusively by the designer on the cutting edge of fagshion, Monsieur Christian Audigier. I don't know which electrical signals clicked, or didn't click, in your dim-witted brain, which prompted you to pick Boysco over Holts or Rosen (just to list a couple) in terms of suit buying.

12 pairs of sunglasses? Oh wow baller baller, did you get a free bottle of fag juice for every pair you purchased? do you alternate sunglasses throughout the 2 months of sun in Vancouver along with your audigier hoodies, key closet tees, laguna beach jeans, and white pumas?

From this tragic and ludicrous attempt at trying to convince your fellow revsceners of your self proclaimed fantastic sense of fashion, you have rather proved to us all that you have no fashion sense whatsoever, solely from the fact you have sunk low enough to believe BoysCo carries "premium" clothing. Unless "premium" can be used synonymously with "nammer", your logic is retarded beyond a reasonable doubt.

I'm not going to say money can't help people's fashion sense. There are certain pieces that non-designer brands don't sell, since they lack the brand prestige and market to earn a profit from these items (for example, Old Navy won't ever sell selvedged denim). But I can promise you that for your particular case, I can get laid faster (without taking into account of my 12" lochness monster vs. your milimeter peter) wearing $150 worth of clothing from Gap, than you can with $5000 worth of clothing from Boysco.

Like respect, a good sense of fashion cannot be purchased. Clothing is bought, fashion is learned. Hit me with your best response MQR03, I am more than ready for a rebuttal.

Prof

Last edited by Professir; 07-22-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Professir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:18 AM   #42
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,470 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
I'd like to argue Boysco is pretty upscale...........

.........So don't say I don't know anything about fashion.
you dont know anything about fashion.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #43
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru..azn View Post
agreed, "failed 700 times in 85 posts" lol
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #44
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKam View Post
I've pointed this out in many threads.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:36 AM   #45
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
upscale compared to what? walmart? cause some of boysco stuff is just as trashy. but thats my opinion
aikenluu918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:15 PM   #46
Banned (ABWS)

i went to boysco today, they changed their entire line-up since my last visit (abt a year ago). Now they're just some trashy, plaid shirt selling whitey store hahahahah
Old 07-31-2010, 11:05 PM   #47
I don't get it

Oh god. Since when was wearing "Ed Hardy" and "True Religion" fashionable?

Being fashionable is knowing what clothes go well together, NOT by wearing clothing of a certain brand.

LOL @ Boys Co. being upscale.
darkfroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:06 AM   #48
Banned (ABWS)

tell that to all the "gangstas" at asian nightclubs
Old 08-09-2010, 09:23 PM   #49
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
It's the exact same reason people buy fake shit
Posted via RS Mobile
people who buy fake designer clothing are people who usualyl dont have enough money
obselete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:24 PM   #50
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,403 Times in 5,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by obselete View Post
people who buy fake designer clothing are people who usualyl dont have enough money
if the fashion somone is buying is readily available in-store, yet they buy used, i would asume they dont have enough money to buy new..