REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   physiotherapist recommendation (https://www.revscene.net/forums/622712-physiotherapist-recommendation.html)

barqy 08-19-2010 10:34 AM

physiotherapist recommendation

hello,

I searched, but all the threads I found were at least 2 years old.

Anyway, can someone recommend a physiotherapist in the northshore or vancouver area?

I have a sports related AC joint issue that needs tending to

If you can post your experiences that'd be great

cheers

Spidey 08-20-2010 07:26 PM

if it is sports related, you definitely will want to go to the allan mcgavin clinic out at ubc. they are great. regular physios tend to just give you the same stuff (stretch, small strengthening exercise, etc). a sports medicine clinic will prepare you to get back to your active lifestyle and sports.. that is the biggest diff

barqy 08-24-2010 09:33 PM

^ thanks

contacted them hopefully things work out

Spidey 08-25-2010 08:19 AM

lemme know how things work out... i had chris franks as my physio.. very good guy and knowledgable... he works with the whitecaps too

urrh 08-25-2010 11:56 AM

^ agreed. but i didn't have him as my physio
he was my TA at SFU for a sports injury class i took. i think he was with the whitecaps back then as well

choda 08-28-2010 01:43 PM

Best physiotherapist by far is Sara Smith out at the UBC Allan McGavin centre, I'm seeing her right now for a sprained ankle, but she's one of the best and most chill and caring people I have ever met! Highly recommend seeing her!

TRDood 08-28-2010 04:27 PM

I used Kelvin Tam near Broadway and Cambie a year ago and he was good. The downside is that he is so busy and prepare to spend 2 hours there for your treatment (in and out).

barqy 08-30-2010 10:09 PM

well i went to the allen mcgavin clinic out by the plaza of nations (Closer to me) and was accessed by clyde smith

he told me my ac joint injury was due to potentially over use. I asked if it was due to bad form, or weak other muscles that i wasn't aware of. He didn't really get into anything like that and just said I couldn't really do anything to help speed up recovery due to it being a joint (no muscle in that area obviously). He put me on a TENS machine for around 15 mins (I was there for 35 mins or so in total).

I thought he was going to give me some exercisers to do to strengthen other areas, surrounding the joint, ie: rotator cuff,etc.?? for preventative measures, but that was not the case.

he told me to come back to see him 2 weeks later and sent me off.

it's a bit expensive $65 a pop, but I guess i'll have to go again to get those exercises from them?

Brooke 03-06-2011 09:35 PM

my recommendation is Plaza Physiotherapy Clinic!

http://plazaphysio.ca

Spidey 03-07-2011 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barqy (Post 7086514)
well i went to the allen mcgavin clinic out by the plaza of nations (Closer to me) and was accessed by clyde smith

he told me my ac joint injury was due to potentially over use. I asked if it was due to bad form, or weak other muscles that i wasn't aware of. He didn't really get into anything like that and just said I couldn't really do anything to help speed up recovery due to it being a joint (no muscle in that area obviously). He put me on a TENS machine for around 15 mins (I was there for 35 mins or so in total).

I thought he was going to give me some exercisers to do to strengthen other areas, surrounding the joint, ie: rotator cuff,etc.?? for preventative measures, but that was not the case.

he told me to come back to see him 2 weeks later and sent me off.

it's a bit expensive $65 a pop, but I guess i'll have to go again to get those exercises from them?

updates? if it is at the joint, the inflammation could be due to the bonest or cartialidge rubbing against each other... i don't think there would be any exercises you could be doing that would help it.