REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
RS controls my life!

physiotherapist recommendation

hello,

I searched, but all the threads I found were at least 2 years old.

Anyway, can someone recommend a physiotherapist in the northshore or vancouver area?

I have a sports related AC joint issue that needs tending to

If you can post your experiences that'd be great

cheers

barqy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #2
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
if it is sports related, you definitely will want to go to the allan mcgavin clinic out at ubc. they are great. regular physios tend to just give you the same stuff (stretch, small strengthening exercise, etc). a sports medicine clinic will prepare you to get back to your active lifestyle and sports.. that is the biggest diff
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:33 PM   #3
RS controls my life!

^ thanks

contacted them hopefully things work out
Old 08-25-2010, 08:19 AM   #4
RS Veteran

lemme know how things work out... i had chris franks as my physio.. very good guy and knowledgable... he works with the whitecaps too
Old 08-25-2010, 11:56 AM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,283 Times in 270 Posts
^ agreed. but i didn't have him as my physio
he was my TA at SFU for a sports injury class i took. i think he was with the whitecaps back then as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgasm_donor View Post
organge7 has spoken, and we have done the opposite. yay!
urrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:43 PM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

Best physiotherapist by far is Sara Smith out at the UBC Allan McGavin centre, I'm seeing her right now for a sprained ankle, but she's one of the best and most chill and caring people I have ever met! Highly recommend seeing her!
choda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:27 PM   #7
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

I used Kelvin Tam near Broadway and Cambie a year ago and he was good. The downside is that he is so busy and prepare to spend 2 hours there for your treatment (in and out).
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:09 PM   #8
RS controls my life!

well i went to the allen mcgavin clinic out by the plaza of nations (Closer to me) and was accessed by clyde smith

he told me my ac joint injury was due to potentially over use. I asked if it was due to bad form, or weak other muscles that i wasn't aware of. He didn't really get into anything like that and just said I couldn't really do anything to help speed up recovery due to it being a joint (no muscle in that area obviously). He put me on a TENS machine for around 15 mins (I was there for 35 mins or so in total).

I thought he was going to give me some exercisers to do to strengthen other areas, surrounding the joint, ie: rotator cuff,etc.?? for preventative measures, but that was not the case.

he told me to come back to see him 2 weeks later and sent me off.

it's a bit expensive $65 a pop, but I guess i'll have to go again to get those exercises from them?
Old 03-06-2011, 09:35 PM   #9
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

my recommendation is Plaza Physiotherapy Clinic!

http://plazaphysio.ca
Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:40 AM   #10
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barqy View Post
well i went to the allen mcgavin clinic out by the plaza of nations (Closer to me) and was accessed by clyde smith

he told me my ac joint injury was due to potentially over use. I asked if it was due to bad form, or weak other muscles that i wasn't aware of. He didn't really get into anything like that and just said I couldn't really do anything to help speed up recovery due to it being a joint (no muscle in that area obviously). He put me on a TENS machine for around 15 mins (I was there for 35 mins or so in total).

I thought he was going to give me some exercisers to do to strengthen other areas, surrounding the joint, ie: rotator cuff,etc.?? for preventative measures, but that was not the case.

he told me to come back to see him 2 weeks later and sent me off.

it's a bit expensive $65 a pop, but I guess i'll have to go again to get those exercises from them?
updates? if it is at the joint, the inflammation could be due to the bonest or cartialidge rubbing against each other... i don't think there would be any exercises you could be doing that would help it.