REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Where to get braces cheap? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/622904-where-get-braces-cheap.html)

NeoDestinyZ 08-21-2010 06:48 PM

Where to get braces cheap?

Hey guys, I was just wondering where can I get braces for cheap but also gets the job done well. I don't have any dental or health benefits, so I don't mine paying it in cash if I have to. But also I want to know if there are any dental or health insurance company that can also cover it for me as well. I heard since technology is progressing, it would take only couple of years to get it align and perfectly straight but still not too sure. Thanks for the help guys, appreciated.

Spidey 08-22-2010 03:12 PM

cheap and braces is something you dont want in the same sentence.. you are gonna be asking for trouble and or risking the health of your teeth if you do. some orthos offer payment plans with no interest. but if you want to pay cash and pay as little as you can.. errr.... good luck.. to both finding a place and in the actual treatment itself.

Jgresch 08-22-2010 03:14 PM

I know a guy, who knows a guy... he works under the Patello bridge. He can sell you some braces for $400 cash. Let me know.

ajax 08-22-2010 04:22 PM

There's a place in Surrey by the Boston Pizza and Superstore on King George. Can't remember the name but my braces were $2000 cheaper there. And it wasn't shady or anything. All I remember was the orthos name: Dr. C Lun Wang I believe.
Edit: found their link www.braces4you.ca/
Posted via RS Mobile

Not really racist! 08-22-2010 05:03 PM

Your teeth are with you your whole life... until they fall off. I think they're key for first impressions so even if you don't have insurance I advise you look for an option in between cheap and expensive.

My braces cost around 6 grand so I'd say 2 grand or 3 grand should be good.

I wish I knew cheap places but thats just my 2 cents

Spidey 08-22-2010 05:10 PM

oh ya, and another thing.... there is a difference between a board certified orthodontist, and a dentist that "can" do orthodontic treatment. if all u need are straighter teeth and there isn't anything wrong with your bite, then there probably isn't TOO much harm going to the dentist (which could work around your dental coverage) to get some of it paid for. but if you need your bite fixed.. ie under/over/cross/open bite, i would only see a board certified orthodontist..

if you go to an ortho, i bet he will tell you that a lot of his clients are ones who came to him after their initial "ortho" botched their treatment. do your research.. a lot of consultations are free these days too.

tiger_handheld 08-22-2010 05:40 PM

my dentist knows a dentist who has connections. let me know

Inaii 08-22-2010 06:12 PM

Look up Pacific Blue Cross for dental coverage. DON'T cheap out on braces, you might as well just not get any.

NeoDestinyZ 08-23-2010 02:54 PM

Thanks guys for your opinions and suggestions. My regular dentist said it would cost around 5 grand, but I'm mainly looking for teeth straightener as my teeth has shift to the right. I guess it's not cheap, but definitely looking for more alternated deals. Any more help would be great, thanks.

TheNewGirl 08-23-2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoDestinyZ (Post 7077683)
Thanks guys for your opinions and suggestions. My regular dentist said it would cost around 5 grand, but I'm mainly looking for teeth straightener as my teeth has shift to the right. I guess it's not cheap, but definitely looking for more alternated deals. Any more help would be great, thanks.

If all you're looking at is about $5000 you're not doing too bad in the grand scale of braces for people over the age of 18. I know several people who have had to do it as adults and it's been in the 8 - 10 grand range.

unit 08-23-2010 03:10 PM

have u considered dental tourism?
worth looking at if the procedure is over 5k

often better doctors than you can find here as well assuming you do proper research.

v.Rossi 08-23-2010 03:10 PM

Prices may vary depending on how bad/crooked your teeth are. If it's minor you could be looking anywhere between 4 - 5 grand. I've got invisaligns at the moment, cost 6 grand. I was quoted that it would be $500 more than traintracks so i thought why not. That said, my teeth weren't bad to begin with, I just wanted a perfect smile. But braces or aligners are never cheap.
Posted via RS Mobile

Alpine 08-23-2010 05:03 PM

I will get my invisaligns in september. The ortho gave my teeth a rating of 5/10.. they weren't that crooked but i didn't have the proper horseshoe shape.. more of a slight hourglass shape. Anyways, Invisaligns were 6.6k, 2 year time frame + a retainer to wear after the process. I also had the option of having a mouth full of metal but given my age (25) i chose not to... although she did say that it would be cheaper AND faster than Invisaligns.

jnesss 08-23-2010 06:11 PM

to get a proper estimate, i believe your ortho needs to make a mould out of your mouth to study it further, but this is $$$ if you plan on shopping around. from what you'v'e said, your teeth don't sound too bad, so i'd definitely get a second opinion. i paid 5-6g's (class 3) and mine were pretted f'd (only crowding of my top teeth).

edit: i started my treatment in my early 20's and it took about 3-4 years total (took my braces off for a couple months and they started to move rapidly, so i wore braces for another year. skip the retainer when your done and ask for a permanent wire. i know too many people who went down the retainer route, only to have their teeth shift back.

Spidey 08-23-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoDestinyZ (Post 7077683)

pics? if youre teeth are moving to one side it sounds like you have a cross bite.. which isn't good. your midling is messed and it will take more than just "straightening". evening with straight teeth, you will have the tom cruise smile.. if you don't know what i mean, google his teth.

NeoDestinyZ 08-23-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueG2 (Post 7077920)
pics? if youre teeth are moving to one side it sounds like you have a cross bite.. which isn't good. your midling is messed and it will take more than just "straightening". evening with straight teeth, you will have the tom cruise smile.. if you don't know what i mean, google his teth.

So my teeth have shifted to the right a bit, both my front rabbit teeth aren't exactly in the middle. My mouth has also slightly physically changed, because of that. I also might have the Tom Cruise smile, but his doesn't seem to bad.

6793026 08-23-2010 10:28 PM

^ yes, from what you have told me I'm sure you or anyone of us here know exactly what you're talking about.

go do a few consultations and go on from there. I got mine done 3 G 15+ yrs ago. Getting them done ain't bad, it's the adjustments and the retainer that really takes time and patience. (eg// u hate wearing retainer = waste of time having braces cause your teeth is getting used to having no braces no more)

it's like lazer eye surgery, get it done right.

Spidey 08-24-2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 7078256)
^ yes, from what you have told me I'm sure you or anyone of us here know exactly what you're talking about.

go do a few consultations and go on from there. I got mine done 3 G 15+ yrs ago. Getting them done ain't bad, it's the adjustments and the retainer that really takes time and patience. (eg// u hate wearing retainer = waste of time having braces cause your teeth is getting used to having no braces no more)

it's like lazer eye surgery, get it done right.

amen.

10051981 08-30-2010 10:09 PM

Didn't read all responses, but i think ubc dentist students can do it up at their centre there, fully trained and under supervision, i believe it's like half the cost and depends on what needs to be done.

Spidey 08-31-2010 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10051981 (Post 7086516)
Didn't read all responses, but i think ubc dentist students can do it up at their centre there, fully trained and under supervision, i believe it's like half the cost and depends on what needs to be done.

there is a pretty big wait list i believe

twitchyzero 09-03-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10051981 (Post 7086516)

they are starting a new orthodontic specialty program there so it doesnt hurt to give them a call.

http://www.dentistry.ubc.ca/Treatmen...meAPatient.asp

fees are generally 60% of what they charge at an office. But as mentioned there may be a waitlist and it's a big time commitment..but you'll get a very thorough treatment.

mickz 09-04-2010 11:49 PM

http://personal4.iddeo.es/mmoreira/i..._simpsons2.jpg

Lisa needs braces.