REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Nudies (https://www.revscene.net/forums/623634-nudies.html)

chickenugget69 08-31-2010 02:54 PM

Nudies

I'm thinking of getting a pair of nudies tomorrow (if they have my size)
I saw one at j2 for 200 dollars (I'm thinking this is cheap compared to others, because - well i dont know any better Lol). Do nudies come any cheaper than that? without having to buy online or second handed that is.

I'm also wondering about comfort. I know raw jeans, when you first start wearing them they're gonna feel stiff and rough (so I've heard from my friends). So after, say a month or two - does it feel soft and comfortable after? Compared to like sevens and rocks (which have that nice soft texture), is it going to be comfortable like that? haha just wondering, because I dont wana spend two bills on a pair of jeans that I'm going to dread putting on each time

I'm also wondering about the sizing. I'm a size 30 waist, i know it's going to feel sort of tight when I first get it, but it should stretch out in a few weeks right? Or should I get a size 31.

any advice is welcomed - thanks :)

Vinny G 08-31-2010 03:00 PM

They're $200 (for most pairs) everywhere. Just buy them online, ssense.com has a sale and I think a few nudies are a part of it so you can get 20% off.

Size down. They'll feel tight but they will stretch. Also, my nudies bleed a lot so you might want to think about what kind of shoes and shirt you're wearing (depending on the wash you get).

TRDood 08-31-2010 06:21 PM

Depending on which wash/model you buy the normal ones range from $150-$300.

I was lucky and got a pair in Las Vegas for $70 USD :D
Buying at J2 is the same as buying at any other store, regular price are the same everywhere. In fact, go to Holt Renfrew and choose, they usually have 5+ washes on their wall.

gars 08-31-2010 06:34 PM

I'd check out Brooklyn Clothing Co. - they have a good selection of Nudies...

plus the guys there know about different cuts and whatnot and aren't as douchey as some of the Holt Renfrew staff...

chickenugget69 08-31-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gars (Post 7087542)
I'd check out Brooklyn Clothing Co. - they have a good selection of Nudies...

plus the guys there know about different cuts and whatnot and aren't as douchey as some of the Holt Renfrew staff...

Where is that shop? I've never heard of it :P

gars 08-31-2010 06:59 PM

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=brooklyn+clothing+co+vancouver&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=51.576045,114.169922&ie=UTF8&hq=brooklyn+clothing+co&hnear=Vancouver,+Greater+Vancouver+Regional+District,+British+Columbia,+Canada&z=13&iwloc=A

TRDood 08-31-2010 07:09 PM

^^^

They are still around? I thought business was bad and closed down a couple years ago. Maybe not :p

gars 08-31-2010 07:57 PM

i was there a week ago, they're still there!

Splmash 09-01-2010 12:09 AM

Skip Brooklyn Clothing. There's a reason that store almost went out of business.

In my honest opinion, pass on the Nudies. Save yourself 70 bucks and get yourself a pair of Naked and Famous denim. They're around 140 to 160 and much better quality. They're also made in Canada from Japanese selvedge denim.

Nudie's raw denim line tend to be very thin and light, which means it will wear out quicker if you wear them constantly. This will become a bitch if you actually do the 6 months no-wash thing.

But if you insist, I recommend you size down one size if you want the slim look. Size down two sizes if you want the skinny look. You might even want to consider a pre-soak before you wear them out for the first time.

trancehead 09-01-2010 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splmash (Post 7087939)
Skip Brooklyn Clothing. There's a reason that store almost went out of business.

In my honest opinion, pass on the Nudies. Save yourself 70 bucks and get yourself a pair of Naked and Famous denim. They're around 140 to 160 and much better quality. They're also made in Canada from Japanese selvedge denim.

Nudie's raw denim line tend to be very thin and light, which means it will wear out quicker if you wear them constantly. This will become a bitch if you actually do the 6 months no-wash thing.

But if you insist, I recommend you size down one size if you want the slim look. Size down two sizes if you want the skinny look. You might even want to consider a pre-soak before you wear them out for the first time.

haha your signature is so appropriate.

im curious as to why Brooklyn almost went under though.

chickenugget69 09-01-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splmash (Post 7087939)

Ah, thanks for your tips!
too bad I already got a pair of nudies today ;p haha
I'm new to raw denim, so I don't think I'd want anything heavier or thicker than what I have now. The ones I have already feel so damn stiff, plus I bought these so I can make faded creases in them, i dont want them to stay black haha. Thanks though

ilvtofu 09-02-2010 02:52 PM

If you have an SPC card plenty does 10% off and includes alteration, J2 doesn't.
I have 2 pairs, blue ones bleed a lot, don't wash them for 6 months and I haven't, now that I think about it it's been about 6 months haha. I like them a lot though I think the cut I have is called slim jim or smth

chickenugget69 09-02-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvtofu (Post 7089765)
If you have an SPC card plenty does 10% off and includes alteration, J2 doesn't.
I have 2 pairs, blue ones bleed a lot, don't wash them for 6 months and I haven't, now that I think about it it's been about 6 months haha. I like them a lot though I think the cut I have is called slim jim or smth

I went to Plenty to look for Nudies, however they didn't have average joes or my size Lol. Too bad ;( , that alteration would have been nice

Mine say they're 100 percent organic cotton. I didn't see a sign on it that says its raw - does that mean mine is not raw :O - i haven't checked the tags, can't find them , i'm only indicating this by reading the printing on the pocket inside the jeans.
or does Organic MEAN raw - sorry for my ignorance but I know nothing about raw jeans besides that they look nice after 6 months of wear LOL

- kT 09-08-2010 03:11 PM

^ "raw" denim, or selvage denim is just the way the denim is made. basically it weaves fabric through a single weft instead of through multiple wefts

to answer your question though, the organic cotton is not raw. you'll be able to tell when denim is raw right off the bat, usually by it's stiffness and the colour of the thread on the selfedge being red.

i have a pair of organic cotton slim jims, and they'll fade exactly the same as any other pair of nudies. the only difference is that they're made with organic materials

incase you're curious, not washing them until after 6-12 months of wear is so that the "wrinkles" that form start to fade and lose colour, creating "honeycombs". if you wash the denim too early into the wearing process, the indigo will just bleed to cover the fades and you won't get anything. this only works if your denim is dry indigo coloured denim, won't work on black denim or prewashed denim (obviously)

also - you should've gotten a little booklet with your nudies, it should've been inside one of the back pockets. a lot of the info i just wrote above is included in the booklet. if you didn't get one with your pair though, you're out of luck

yuusha 09-08-2010 04:32 PM

^ I thought raw and selvage weren't interchangeable terms, with different meanings. Selvage, meaning sturdy denim with traditional construction methods and a self-edge (hence selvage). Raw, meaning untreated and unprocessed, with no pre-fading or washing/soaking...

Cause I swear I've seen raw denim with no self-edge, and selvage denim with various washes and fading.
Posted via RS Mobile

Splmash 09-08-2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by min.tee (Post 7097128)
^ I thought raw and selvage weren't interchangeable terms, with different meanings. Selvage, meaning sturdy denim with traditional construction methods and a self-edge (hence selvage). Raw, meaning untreated and unprocessed, with no pre-fading or washing/soaking...

Cause I swear I've seen raw denim with no self-edge, and selvage denim with various washes and fading.
Posted via RS Mobile

you're completely right.

- kT 09-10-2010 06:52 PM

wow what a fuckup on my part

i meant raw selvage, not just raw denim, or not just selvage denim

Razor Ramon HG 09-10-2010 10:54 PM

I've had my Nudies since March of last year, and although they're pretty tight after a washing, they do get looser and more comfortable after about a week. Besides a crotch rip in May, they're in excellent shape for a pair of jeans I've worn like everyday for the last year and a half. And by that, I mean there hasn't been any other holes or rips.

I have been tempted to get some N&F though. They're better bang for your buck from what I've read.

aikenluu918 09-10-2010 11:38 PM

Below the Belt will be carrying them very soon.... hopefully order is supposed to be shipped within 2 weeks. Stay tuned.

Okami 09-11-2010 12:24 AM

^god i just hope this doesnt turn into the new affliction/ed hardy trend where all the high school kids start wearing the shit out of their jeans without washing them.. instead they mask the smell with axe or w/e shit they use nowadays

- kT 09-11-2010 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aikenluu918 (Post 7100146)
Below the Belt will be carrying them very soon.... hopefully order is supposed to be shipped within 2 weeks. Stay tuned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rice_demon (Post 7100192)
^god i just hope this doesnt turn into the new affliction/ed hardy trend where all the high school kids start wearing the shit out of their jeans without washing them.. instead they mask the smell with axe or w/e shit they use nowadays

^ i was thinking the same thing as rice demon when i read about them getting them at below the belt

i hope they don't become the new true religons or something

hal0g0dv2 09-11-2010 07:18 PM

^^ don't buy them then
Posted via RS Mobile

aikenluu918 09-11-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by - kT (Post 7100201)
^ i was thinking the same thing as rice demon when i read about them getting them at below the belt

i hope they don't become the new true religons or something

Quote:

Originally Posted by rice_demon (Post 7100192)

woops. i lied haha shipment was canceled. Below the belt wont be carrying nudies.

Splmash 09-11-2010 09:04 PM

Nudies are already considered 'out' or over worn. But that does not take away from the denim itself.

N&F is a much better product while taking the pricing into consideration. The quality of the denim is imo slightly better but Nudie has its signature cuts which has a much more tailored look/feel to 'em.

I suggest denim shopping on selfedge.com or at their store in SF =D

DemonsBlood 09-12-2010 05:10 PM

Nudies are constructed well, but their denim is very prone to crotch ripping and tearing. Especially if you low ride them, considering slim jims and thin finns all use 13 ounce our even lighter denims.

Naked and famous most of their denims are 14 ounce or higher, which makes them way more tear resistant, being selvage makes it even more so because of the tighter weave.

I would recommend those who enjoy buy their jeans for the denim and cuts to check out the higher end raw denims like Imperials, Skulls, Flatheads, Samurai, Pure Blue Japan!