REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 08-31-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Nudies

I'm thinking of getting a pair of nudies tomorrow (if they have my size)
I saw one at j2 for 200 dollars (I'm thinking this is cheap compared to others, because - well i dont know any better Lol). Do nudies come any cheaper than that? without having to buy online or second handed that is.

I'm also wondering about comfort. I know raw jeans, when you first start wearing them they're gonna feel stiff and rough (so I've heard from my friends). So after, say a month or two - does it feel soft and comfortable after? Compared to like sevens and rocks (which have that nice soft texture), is it going to be comfortable like that? haha just wondering, because I dont wana spend two bills on a pair of jeans that I'm going to dread putting on each time

I'm also wondering about the sizing. I'm a size 30 waist, i know it's going to feel sort of tight when I first get it, but it should stretch out in a few weeks right? Or should I get a size 31.

any advice is welcomed - thanks
Advertisement
chickenugget69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
Need my Daily Fix of RS

They're $200 (for most pairs) everywhere. Just buy them online, ssense.com has a sale and I think a few nudies are a part of it so you can get 20% off.

Size down. They'll feel tight but they will stretch. Also, my nudies bleed a lot so you might want to think about what kind of shoes and shirt you're wearing (depending on the wash you get).
Vinny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Depending on which wash/model you buy the normal ones range from $150-$300.

I was lucky and got a pair in Las Vegas for $70 USD
Buying at J2 is the same as buying at any other store, regular price are the same everywhere. In fact, go to Holt Renfrew and choose, they usually have 5+ washes on their wall.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
I am grateful grapefruit

I'd check out Brooklyn Clothing Co. - they have a good selection of Nudies...

plus the guys there know about different cuts and whatnot and aren't as douchey as some of the Holt Renfrew staff...
gars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gars View Post
I'd check out Brooklyn Clothing Co. - they have a good selection of Nudies...

plus the guys there know about different cuts and whatnot and aren't as douchey as some of the Holt Renfrew staff...
Where is that shop? I've never heard of it :P
Old 08-31-2010, 07:59 PM   #6
I am grateful grapefruit

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=brooklyn+clothing+co+vancouver&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=51.576045,114.169922&ie=UTF8&hq=brooklyn+clothing+co&hnear=Vancouver,+Greater+Vancouver+Regional+District,+British+Columbia,+Canada&z=13&iwloc=A
Old 08-31-2010, 08:09 PM   #7
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

^^^

They are still around? I thought business was bad and closed down a couple years ago. Maybe not
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:57 PM   #8
I am grateful grapefruit

i was there a week ago, they're still there!
Old 09-01-2010, 01:09 AM   #9
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Skip Brooklyn Clothing. There's a reason that store almost went out of business.

In my honest opinion, pass on the Nudies. Save yourself 70 bucks and get yourself a pair of Naked and Famous denim. They're around 140 to 160 and much better quality. They're also made in Canada from Japanese selvedge denim.

Nudie's raw denim line tend to be very thin and light, which means it will wear out quicker if you wear them constantly. This will become a bitch if you actually do the 6 months no-wash thing.

But if you insist, I recommend you size down one size if you want the slim look. Size down two sizes if you want the skinny look. You might even want to consider a pre-soak before you wear them out for the first time.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:21 AM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splmash View Post
Skip Brooklyn Clothing. There's a reason that store almost went out of business.

In my honest opinion, pass on the Nudies. Save yourself 70 bucks and get yourself a pair of Naked and Famous denim. They're around 140 to 160 and much better quality. They're also made in Canada from Japanese selvedge denim.

Nudie's raw denim line tend to be very thin and light, which means it will wear out quicker if you wear them constantly. This will become a bitch if you actually do the 6 months no-wash thing.

But if you insist, I recommend you size down one size if you want the slim look. Size down two sizes if you want the skinny look. You might even want to consider a pre-soak before you wear them out for the first time.
haha your signature is so appropriate.

im curious as to why Brooklyn almost went under though.

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:18 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splmash View Post

Ah, thanks for your tips!
too bad I already got a pair of nudies today ;p haha
I'm new to raw denim, so I don't think I'd want anything heavier or thicker than what I have now. The ones I have already feel so damn stiff, plus I bought these so I can make faded creases in them, i dont want them to stay black haha. Thanks though
Old 09-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #12
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 7,968 Times in 1,234 Posts
If you have an SPC card plenty does 10% off and includes alteration, J2 doesn't.
I have 2 pairs, blue ones bleed a lot, don't wash them for 6 months and I haven't, now that I think about it it's been about 6 months haha. I like them a lot though I think the cut I have is called slim jim or smth

FOR SALE
Miata Shock Tower Brace
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
If you have an SPC card plenty does 10% off and includes alteration, J2 doesn't.
I have 2 pairs, blue ones bleed a lot, don't wash them for 6 months and I haven't, now that I think about it it's been about 6 months haha. I like them a lot though I think the cut I have is called slim jim or smth
I went to Plenty to look for Nudies, however they didn't have average joes or my size Lol. Too bad ;( , that alteration would have been nice

Mine say they're 100 percent organic cotton. I didn't see a sign on it that says its raw - does that mean mine is not raw :O - i haven't checked the tags, can't find them , i'm only indicating this by reading the printing on the pocket inside the jeans.
or does Organic MEAN raw - sorry for my ignorance but I know nothing about raw jeans besides that they look nice after 6 months of wear LOL
Old 09-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #14
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,027 Times in 545 Posts
^ "raw" denim, or selvage denim is just the way the denim is made. basically it weaves fabric through a single weft instead of through multiple wefts

to answer your question though, the organic cotton is not raw. you'll be able to tell when denim is raw right off the bat, usually by it's stiffness and the colour of the thread on the selfedge being red.

i have a pair of organic cotton slim jims, and they'll fade exactly the same as any other pair of nudies. the only difference is that they're made with organic materials

incase you're curious, not washing them until after 6-12 months of wear is so that the "wrinkles" that form start to fade and lose colour, creating "honeycombs". if you wash the denim too early into the wearing process, the indigo will just bleed to cover the fades and you won't get anything. this only works if your denim is dry indigo coloured denim, won't work on black denim or prewashed denim (obviously)

also - you should've gotten a little booklet with your nudies, it should've been inside one of the back pockets. a lot of the info i just wrote above is included in the booklet. if you didn't get one with your pair though, you're out of luck
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #15
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

^ I thought raw and selvage weren't interchangeable terms, with different meanings. Selvage, meaning sturdy denim with traditional construction methods and a self-edge (hence selvage). Raw, meaning untreated and unprocessed, with no pre-fading or washing/soaking...

Cause I swear I've seen raw denim with no self-edge, and selvage denim with various washes and fading.
Posted via RS Mobile
yuusha is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-08-2010, 08:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by min.tee View Post
^ I thought raw and selvage weren't interchangeable terms, with different meanings. Selvage, meaning sturdy denim with traditional construction methods and a self-edge (hence selvage). Raw, meaning untreated and unprocessed, with no pre-fading or washing/soaking...

Cause I swear I've seen raw denim with no self-edge, and selvage denim with various washes and fading.
Posted via RS Mobile
you're completely right.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #17
【=◈︿◈=】

wow what a fuckup on my part

i meant raw selvage, not just raw denim, or not just selvage denim
Old 09-10-2010, 11:54 PM   #18
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 2,018 Times in 769 Posts
I've had my Nudies since March of last year, and although they're pretty tight after a washing, they do get looser and more comfortable after about a week. Besides a crotch rip in May, they're in excellent shape for a pair of jeans I've worn like everyday for the last year and a half. And by that, I mean there hasn't been any other holes or rips.

I have been tempted to get some N&F though. They're better bang for your buck from what I've read.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:38 AM   #19
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Below the Belt will be carrying them very soon.... hopefully order is supposed to be shipped within 2 weeks. Stay tuned.
aikenluu918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:24 AM   #20
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 8,460 Times in 791 Posts
^god i just hope this doesnt turn into the new affliction/ed hardy trend where all the high school kids start wearing the shit out of their jeans without washing them.. instead they mask the smell with axe or w/e shit they use nowadays
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:34 AM   #21
【=◈︿◈=】

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikenluu918 View Post
Below the Belt will be carrying them very soon.... hopefully order is supposed to be shipped within 2 weeks. Stay tuned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_demon View Post
^god i just hope this doesnt turn into the new affliction/ed hardy trend where all the high school kids start wearing the shit out of their jeans without washing them.. instead they mask the smell with axe or w/e shit they use nowadays
^ i was thinking the same thing as rice demon when i read about them getting them at below the belt

i hope they don't become the new true religons or something
Old 09-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #22
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,498 Times in 1,516 Posts
^^ don't buy them then
Posted via RS Mobile
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:42 PM   #23
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by - kT View Post
^ i was thinking the same thing as rice demon when i read about them getting them at below the belt

i hope they don't become the new true religons or something
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_demon View Post
woops. i lied haha shipment was canceled. Below the belt wont be carrying nudies.
aikenluu918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:04 PM   #24

Nudies are already considered 'out' or over worn. But that does not take away from the denim itself.

N&F is a much better product while taking the pricing into consideration. The quality of the denim is imo slightly better but Nudie has its signature cuts which has a much more tailored look/feel to 'em.

I suggest denim shopping on selfedge.com or at their store in SF =D
Old 09-12-2010, 06:10 PM   #25
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Nudies are constructed well, but their denim is very prone to crotch ripping and tearing. Especially if you low ride them, considering slim jims and thin finns all use 13 ounce our even lighter denims.

Naked and famous most of their denims are 14 ounce or higher, which makes them way more tear resistant, being selvage makes it even more so because of the tighter weave.

I would recommend those who enjoy buy their jeans for the denim and cuts to check out the higher end raw denims like Imperials, Skulls, Flatheads, Samurai, Pure Blue Japan!
DemonsBlood is offline   Reply With Quote