REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #201
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
This explains it better:

View Screen Capture
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #202
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Got it, thanks.

It sounded like they were going to make it like the Willingdon ramp, which would suck since there's so much truck traffic on Brunette. This way is as is, just a longer onramp, to keep exiting trucks off the freeway.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #203

I don't think the Willingdon changes are permanent - they're obviously rebuilding the old part of the overpass, I would expect the ramps will all go back to the way they used to be, or something similar, once it's all done.
Quote:
Old 11-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #204
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,170 Times in 1,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dL View Post
If anyone wants an extra free trip simply login to your account and apply the promo code REGEB1 on the right side of the page. You can also apply this code when you sign up a new account as well.

dL
Reposting this tip from dL, in case anyone missed it! Thank him, not me!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #205
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Why not both?
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #206
xxx

Serious question, do you guys pronounce 'decal' as dee-cal or dec-al? I was surprised to hear it pronounced the way it was in the videos on the Treo site.
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:02 AM   #207
I subscribe to Revscene

Dickal
Posted via RS Mobile
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:47 AM   #208
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Deck-ul

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #209
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nates View Post
so how many lanes will the new port mann be (both directions) and how many lanes will the #1 be from say 200th to first ave exit?
I was seeing 2 lanes plus hov westbound leading up to the surrey exits, which pissed me off, so I hope someone has a different count. The new overpasses were right next to the highway, with markings so I don't know how there could be more.

Buuuut...if that's the case, then traffic is still going to line up to get onto the bridge. The surrey on ramps don't merge into them anymore though.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #210
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
I was seeing 2 lanes plus hov westbound leading up to the surrey exits, which pissed me off, so I hope someone has a different count. The new overpasses were right next to the highway, with markings so I don't know how there could be more.

Buuuut...if that's the case, then traffic is still going to line up to get onto the bridge. The surrey on ramps don't merge into them anymore though.
That's what I noticed too.
Posted via RS Mobile
wreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #211
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.T View Post
Serious question, do you guys pronounce 'decal' as dee-cal or dec-al? I was surprised to hear it pronounced the way it was in the videos on the Treo site.
I say dee-cal... (although I think both are acceptable)
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:46 PM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post

The five lanes (each way) are not all one wide road. I'm not ENTIRELY clear on the final configuration, but as I understand it, there will be something like "express lanes" that connect straight through from the bridge to 200th, and lanes that only enter/exit the bridge for the Cape Horn Interchange... so for example, if you're going from Langley to Coquitlam, you'd have dedicated lanes instead of mixing in all the traffic continuing on into Burnaby/Vancouver.

Like I say, I'm not 100% clear on the actual design, but that's the general idea. If you look at the project drawings, for example... it looks like you have four westbound lanes (one HOV, three regular) approaching 152nd... the far right lane splits off and goes around the 152 ramp; the 152 ramp is two lanes that split out, where the right one joins the "separated" far right lane and the left one merges into the other three main lanes. The two right-most lanes are separated from the other three by a barricade, and if memory serves, those split off at the Cape Horn Interchange... so if you're exiting at Cape Horn, you have to get into those lanes BEFORE getting on the bridge. Which, I think, will prove to be brilliant so you don't get those asswipes trying to cut over to the exit at the last second coming off the bridge.

And again, that's just my take based on bits I've read, the drawings I've seen, and how everything appears to be coming together. You can see project plans for the Surrey side here: Project Designs - they actually have a lot of detail in the PDFs so you can zoom WAY in.

All the info is out there though - instead of getting worked up over what you THINK will be happening based on construction that's not even finished yet... just look it up!
Quote:
Old 11-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #213
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,697 Times in 1,625 Posts
Got my decal a few days ago...can I put it on side of the window? Doesn't make sense to me that it wouldn't, but thought I'd ask anyway.

I ask because my dashcam is in the middle of the windshield...

inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #214
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

my commute home this past week has been absolute shit with the new bridge....not sure if everyone is just rubber necking the whols time or what but it's been backed up everyday

hurry the fuck up Elis Don and open the whole bridge
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #215
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,697 Times in 1,625 Posts
The bridge is fine, it's the interchanges/highways on either side of the bridge that's fucking things up.

Manager came to work very upset, told me traffic was fucked from 152nd all the way to willingdon.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #216
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
^Yup once I get on the bridge (coming from Surrey) it's usually fine until I have to get off at Willingdon but not always lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:04 AM   #217
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
I hate the way things are right now. They need to put something down on the roads...... like lines or reflectors?

Eastbound early in the morning before the Port Mann is horrible. The lanes shift and you can barely see the lines when it is dark and wet. Old lines show up better than the new lines.

Then there's a huge ass series of pot holes between the Skytrain overpass and Brunette exit. I stay in the slow lane to avoid it.

Westbound in late afternoon/early evening is an absolute nightmare. If any of you want a short cut, take the 160th street exit. It starts way earlier than it used to, so you can bypass a shitload of traffic. Take exit towards the subdivision north of the freeway, then go back on freeway. The on ramp is rather long and you bypass another shitload of traffic. Don't merge early like all the noobs. I save minimum of 10 minutes and as much as 20 minutes (depending on backup). The westbound traffic starts to pile up at around 3:00 pm. Before then, no problem.

And what's up with 232nd exit? That place is like the Bermuda Triangle of the Fraser Valley. Accidents galore and shitty cell phone reception. They should call the exchange exit 666.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 11-24-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Spelling: Burmuda = Bermuda, LOL
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #218
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
And what's up with 232nd exit? That place is like the Burmuda Triangle of the Fraser Valley. Accidents galore and shitty cell phone reception. They should call the exchange exit 666.
232 has always been weird. I used to live in Abby and work in Fort Langley and some afternoons the section just past the on ramp eastbound was bumper to bumper, then get up over the hill and...nothing. Everyone motors off at 120 and continues on.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #219
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
And what's up with 232nd exit? That place is like the Burmuda Triangle of the Fraser Valley. Accidents galore and shitty cell phone reception. They should call the exchange exit 666.
That's so true. Accidents occur more frequently there than the entire balance of the stretch of the number one running through the Fraser Valley combined. Last night, there were accidents going Eastbound and Westbound at 232 at the same time.

The intersections there are terrible, it would be great if they were replaced with roundabouts like McCallum and Clearbrook.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #220
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Just saw this on News 1130:

Province, planners put positive spin on Port Mann concerns - News1130

Quote:
When James asked why the free tolls you get for signing up by the end of November run out in May, neither the transportation minister nor TI Corp/TReO gave him a reason why; they simply told him the promotion is meant to encourage people to register and to keep costs low.
Basically that means the $30 credit you got for signing up expires in May?
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #221
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Got my decal a few days ago...can I put it on side of the window? Doesn't make sense to me that it wouldn't, but thought I'd ask anyway.

I ask because my dashcam is in the middle of the windshield...
Yes, you may.
pingu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #222
The Lone Wanderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Just saw this on News 1130:

Province, planners put positive spin on Port Mann concerns - News1130

Basically that means the $30 credit you got for signing up expires in May?
Makes sense. Encourages people to fall into the habit of using the bridge, which means that people (once they use their credits) will start spending their own money.

Part of it is about getting people to sign up, and part of it is about getting people into/back into the habit of using the Port Mann. Cant make money back with tolls if the bridge is empty.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
Makes sense. Encourages people to fall into the habit of using the bridge, which means that people (once they use their credits) will start spending their own money.

Part of it is about getting people to sign up, and part of it is about getting people into/back into the habit of using the Port Mann. Cant make money back with tolls if the bridge is empty.
And part of it is in the hope that people will have a chance to experience and appreciate the time and fuel savings rather than simply going knee-jerk off to the Patullo and creating the ultimate traffic clusterfuck there.
Quote:
Old 11-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #224
The Lone Wanderator

Right. That too.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #225
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Well that sucks. Those free credits were enough to last me an entire year of crossing the bridge.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote