REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:26 AM   #701
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
^^
Because who the fuck would willingly pay to enter New Jersey?

qft

hard to use them as comparison though just considering the population density there among other factors.

i'm all for tolling if it means better roads and less rush hour madness but with the crippling inability of translink and the MOT to get shit done, i doubt we'll ever see a meaningful, coordinated, on-budget, on-time plan to improve how we get around.
Advertisement
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2015, 07:31 AM   #702
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
^^
Because who the fuck would willingly pay to enter New Jersey?
uhhh...people who live in Jersey?

Replace New Jersey with Surrey, Langley or Abbotsford, same thing lol.

I think a good way to encourage people to take the bridge and ease congestion, is to change the toll rates based on traffic flow and/or time of day, such as in Washington.

WSDOT - I-405 Express Toll Lanes - Rates
WSDOT - SR 520 Bridge Toll Rates

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2015, 07:59 AM   #703

just charge a ridiculously low introductory rate
routine is a powerful thing.

case in point,
my spotify premium just expired, freaked out for a moment and actually thought about paying $10 a month
then i realized i can just use another email for another 3 months at 99 cents

i wouldn't even consider spotify for a millisecond at $10/month. That 99 cent intro rate turned that millisecond into a moment's contemplation.
imagine what that would do to bridge users.
"fuck it, i've been using the bridge for X months, what's another extra X a month..."
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
This post thanked by:
Old 08-04-2015, 09:15 PM   #704
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

The bridge was 1.50 for the first number of months, maybe even a year? There were even a couple of free crossings thrown in there. As I recall, usership was still below expected even with the half price introductory rate.

If you offer intro pricing for all 'new' users, cheap f's will find a way to exploit the system case in point.

Really, ppl are complaining about $.15?? You see a nickel and a dime on the street, you pick it up? I don't think parking meters even take nickels and dimes anymore...
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-04-2015, 09:54 PM   #705
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Or you know they could charge a reasonable rate like $0.50-1.00 depending on time of day
@$6.30-$12.60 a day many people are working one hour a day just for their toll... and if they're on min wage they'd be working 2hrs a day for the toll
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2015, 05:38 AM   #706
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,497 Times in 4,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
You see a nickel and a dime on the street, you pick it up?
I do. It's money.

I didn't get to where I am today with that kind of attitude. Every penny counts. From 16 years of growing up in the DTES with nothing, working multiple jobs, raising three kids and putting two of them through university on single income to owning a new house in Burnaby and three cars............... damn right I've picked up a few coins and pop containers off the street in my lifetime.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 01:00 PM   #707
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
I do. It's money.

I didn't get to where I am today with that kind of attitude. Every penny counts. From 16 years of growing up in the DTES with nothing, working multiple jobs, raising three kids and putting two of them through university on single income to owning a new house in Burnaby and three cars............... damn right I've picked up a few coins and pop containers off the street in my lifetime.
Great story, I'm really happy things worked out for but what is 'that kind of attitude'? I hope you're not implying ppl who don't pick up random change and pop cans on the street don't work hard...

My underlying point, nothing more or less, was that ppl are mad at the current toll and not the $0.15 toll increase. The increase just provides the platform for ppl to bitch and complain about the same old thing, with a slightly fresher twist. And ppl in this city love to bitch, it's what we do. Those who are happily or begrudgingly taking the bridge and paying the $3 toll, will continue to do so paying $3.15 for the forseeable future
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2015, 01:49 PM   #708
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,574 Times in 4,294 Posts
its more the principal of the matter of why are we getting charged extra when the other city's are not? I take it twice a day to work and I'm tired of people telling me to move if I don't like it because I enjoy where I lived and I'm still livid with them tolling the #1 highway..
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 02:19 PM   #709
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Well, if you take it every day and had been since before the new bridge was built, I'd say you should be happy you're saving hours off your commute every week for a small fee.

Dad worked downtown and I was full time at BCIT prior to the bridge and the new highway and bridge literally saved 5-8 HOURS a week, hard to beat that

With that said shortly after the new rates came into effect I moved to burnaby lol so I don't feel the pain as much

Last edited by Hondaracer; 08-05-2015 at 02:32 PM.
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2015, 04:38 PM   #710
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
My underlying point, nothing more or less, was that ppl are mad at the current toll and not the $0.15 toll increase. The increase just provides the platform for ppl to bitch and complain about the same old thing, with a slightly fresher twist. And ppl in this city love to bitch, it's what we do. Those who are happily or begrudgingly taking the bridge and paying the $3 toll, will continue to do so paying $3.15 for the forseeable future
people need to stop referring to the toll as $3.00 or the increase as $0.15 since the majority of people who take it are from Surrey they need to travel out of and back in to surrey, the same day... so the toll is $6.00 and the increase is $0.30
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:49 PM   #711
UFO

We all have choices. If you don't want to pay the $3 toll, because that's what it is, take the patullo or Alex Fraser for your return trip. What's your time worth to you?

Or buy a 3 zone bus pass and ride the bridge for free
Old 08-05-2015, 11:05 PM   #712
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
I used to make the commute from South Langley to Capilano University many, many moons ago. Even as a student, I would have gladly paid the current toll rate for the extra two hours (round trip) I would have saved. And the current 15 cent hike? Whoooo, that's the price of one Starbucks coffee a month. Not that hard to find that sort of change over the span of an entire month.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2015, 09:42 AM   #713
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,123 Posts
Infrastructure costs money, so you either pay it through taxes or user fees. The Liberals have kept taxes low and have opted to raise user fees instead. But on the other hand, if those darn politicians and bureaucrats made half of what they make, we could have it all - detached homes and free roads!

IMHO, if you live in Surrey and are complaining about the tolls, you're better off moving to Squamish. Gotta swim with the current, instead of trying to swim against it.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2016, 05:18 PM   #714

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Today makes 3 consecutive fridays, where the ironworkers bridge has been completely fucked. Today's traffic nightmare; a semi stuck on the bridge deck for like 2 hours starting at 4pm (and currently on going), and multiple other accidents all over highway 1 from kensington all the way to the bridge (in both directions).

Fuck the people from Surrey, langley, delta, richmond and all these other places wanting burnaby and north shore residents to pay a toll to go over our old 60 y/o infrastruture. If you get a new bridge, like the golden ears, portmann, or when they finally replace the massey and the patullo, you fucking pay for it.

When we here get any sort of rapid transit or a new bridge, I will happily pay a toll in order to use it.

Seriously pissed off still sitting at work just wanting to go home. But I don't want to spend my next 1.5 hours driving 10km home.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2016, 05:30 PM   #715
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Its an absolute mess out there

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 02:35 PM   #716

Last weekend Lions Gate had an emergency water main shut down which meant there was only 1 lane northbound all weekend. Traffic was fucked even at 10pm on a saturday.

Today Lions gate is fucked. Crash northbound on the Ironworkers, and getting on and off the north shore is completely tooled yet again.

Old 08-19-2016, 02:50 PM   #717

yea fuck north shore is a gong show.. even going to the transfer station at like 1pm coming back south was fucked 2/3 days i went..
Old 08-19-2016, 02:56 PM   #718

B.C.Highway Cams

Nasty shit going NB on hwy 1. Backed up solid from Kensington
It's like people forgot how to drive this week.
hwy 1 EB during afternoon rush hour this week was fucked every day so far too.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-19-2016, 03:02 PM   #719

HWY 1 going eastbound on a thursday afternoon or friday after work honestly deters me from going to the cabin/outside of the lower mainland

its sooo fucking brutal -all- the time... if there was no traffic at all you could drive from surrey to kamloops in like 3 hours, with the fucking 200th-chilliwack traffic jams you probably add an hour to your drive every single time.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:37 PM   #720

I jsut found out Lions gate northbound is gonna be fucked again this weekend.

1 northbound lane, 2 southboud, from 8pm tonight all the way to monday morning.

WTF.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:48 PM   #721
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
At 3pm, hwy1 eastbound was backed up to Taylor

Uhhh.....I think I'll work til 6 lol

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote