REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 02-25-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
'

Thanked 6,557 Times in 1,111 Posts
someone convince me to go to mexico

someone convince me to go to mexico for spring break.
okay im still youngin' im grade 12.

someone set up a trip to mexico.
$1600 all living costs included with accommodations and events and activities.
(horseback riding etc). i think the money will come out of my own pocket.

its like a mini grad trip but only 12 people are going.
im okay with those people.. not my usual crew but i like those people..
girl i like is going too.. yet i dont really want to spend the money..
will i be disappointed? im gonna miss out on quite alot of things if i go
-rs meet, parties, etc.. i have multiple HUGE projects to do

but pros will be maybe fun and i like taking pictures

half of me wants to go and half of me doesnt. i want to feel convinced..
will someone tell me experiences they had in mexico?
i always hear that that place is sketch.. dont know which part of mexico yet.
if the trip was to California i wouldnt need to think twice haha
ill update. thanks in advance !

so i talked to my dad and he says hes willing to chip its not that harsh in my spot..
btw im not gonna go swim or do any aquatic activities as i have allergies.

Update 1) two weeks so spring break.. so mexico is an added bonus?

Update 2)
this is where im going
http://www.s-trip.com/Trips-and-Dest...-Vallarta.html
horse back riding, atv, city tour, snorkelling, whale watching, more atv, zip lining, jeep safari so some offroading for me , and dune buggy
the only thing i cant do is snorkelling.. so i guess im not missing out on much?
Advertisement

Last edited by insomniac; 02-26-2011 at 03:23 PM.
insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Mexico was pretty fun, went with the wife in oct , everything there is like all you can drink. We went to cancun.
6insomnia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
'

$1600 for 7 days, the price is pretty fair right? airplane tix included
Old 02-25-2011, 05:32 PM   #4

I paid about like ... 800 for hotel and flight for one person, was suppose to be 1000 ish but price dropped and we got a price match , booked with expedia.

First time with them, great service. loved the price matching/guarantee.

Definitely hit the clubs , pretty fun , very different from here.

Our room got bumped up to the 8th floor for free instead of the first floor which was great.

Everywhere we went in cancun we taxi'd , not that expensive pretty much get anywhere with 10-15 bucks.

Went to the water park there and did a bunch of things.

First time vacationing with the wifey and was an awesome experience.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2011, 05:42 PM   #5
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
someone convince me to go to mexico for spring break.
okay im still youngin' im grade 12.

someone set up a trip to mexico.
$1600 all living costs included with accommodations and events and activities.
(horseback riding etc). i think the money will come out of my own pocket.

but pros will be maybe fun and i like taking pictures

half of me wants to go and half of me doesnt. i want to feel convinced..
will someone tell me experiences they had in mexico?
i always hear that that place is sketch.. dont know which part of mexico yet.
if the trip was to California i wouldnt need to think twice haha
ill update. thanks in advance !

so i talked to my dad and he says hes willing to chip its not that harsh in my spot..
btw im not gonna go swim or do any aquatic activities as i have allergies.
Sounds like shitty grad trip. Unfortunately I didn't go but I heard the organized grad trips to Mexico when I was in grade 12 were amazing. Can't remember the name of the company but a couple hundred grads all heading down there from different schools, drinking, partying, fucking, etc... No offence but comparatively your trip sounds like shit.

Horse back riding - did that shit in grade 5 and can be done in many places in BC.
Dont want to swim because of allergies - most of the activities you can't do then.
Girl you like is going - who cares, tons of slutty almost grads gonna be there.
Picture taking - if your only Pro that you can think of is picture taking then this isn't the trip for you or any trip for that matter.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:44 PM   #6

basically when i was there ,got hammered everyday, as it came with free liqs in the room , 4 different bottles and crap load of beer in the fridge.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #7
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
how are you doing in classes? can you take a hit? can u bust ur ass off when you come back?

i say go. make the effort, take the risk
when you come back you will have a story to tell - experience is what it's all about.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #8
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
Sounds like shitty grad trip. Unfortunately I didn't go but I heard the organized grad trips to Mexico when I was in grade 12 were amazing. Can't remember the name of the company but a couple hundred grads all heading down there from different schools, drinking, partying, fucking, etc... No offence but comparatively your trip sounds like shit.

Horse back riding - did that shit in grade 5 and can be done in many places in BC.
Dont want to swim because of allergies - most of the activities you can't do then.
Girl you like is going - who cares, tons of slutty almost grads gonna be there.
Picture taking - if your only Pro that you can think of is picture taking then this isn't the trip for you or any trip for that matter.

You mean S-Trip?

Also you should go since it's your last year at high school and what's not to like of booze and girls?

You should take this trip as an advantage to pick up the girl you like!
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #9
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Already told you my thoughts in the chatbox.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #10
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 737! View Post
Do you even need another reason?
RevRav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #11
'

^plenty of girls in the sea... thats just a small excuse lol.. itd be silly to spend $1600 just to go on a trip because the girl i like is going too lol.. starting to think against this trip..

btw thanks for all the pm's you guys
Old 02-25-2011, 08:09 PM   #12
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

It's a 3rd world country so yes it's sketch. Good to have a group with you as the locals definitely like to stare. I went on a cruise to mexico a few years ago and the ship made a few stops at cabo, mazatlan, and some other place so I don't really know that much. Besides I think it was cabo that there were soldiers with machine guns walking around the docks and in mazatlan there was a jeep with a mounted machine gun in the back a long with 20 guards with big guns gaurding the bank. So badass!!!
lowda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:16 PM   #13
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
if you like to drink all day, party all night, the resorts there are the place to be
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:25 PM   #14
'

thank you guys later, ran out of thanks D;

Edit. Made up my mind. Not going.. Just gonna spend the money in Vancouver or go down to the outlets during spring break with friends.. I know the $1600 will be well spent if I go to Mexico but I guess it will last me longer in vancover eh
But going to Mexico has it own sentimental value I guess.. Thanks everyone!

Last edited by insomniac; 02-25-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:15 PM   #15
Need to Seek Professional Help

Just a thought but for 1600usd you could pretty much fly to any South East Asian Country and have a blast for 7 days. Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, etc.

Cheap Hotels, Cheap Alcohol, Cheap Entertainment, Cheap Transportation, etc... For the record I have not been to Mexico however I think it is pretty safe to assume that these places are far safer to travel. If you interested in taking pictures well good luck getting around outside of the resorts in Mexico. At least in the countries I mentioned above you can go around and do your own thing and be 99% safe. The best pictures/experiences are not going to be found in some resort or tourist area. The best places are where locals go or usually where the tourists aren't.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:38 AM   #16
I am Hook'd on RS

you have to remember ur booking very late for spring break and most planes and hotels are pretty full going to mexico. $1600 is actually a good price if the resort is 4 star (if its less.... dont go.... less then 4 star in mexico is just plain crap) and the flights have good stopover times or direct.

Its a great time down there especially during spring break but personally you can get trashed and pick up in Vancouver anytime you want much much cheaper...... and then spend the rest on cars

If you want to go to mexico bad... wait till after easter as it is much cheaper for the exact same thing. Generally around 1100 u can get a nice all inclusive double occupancy place.
Browny is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2011, 10:48 AM   #17
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
Girl in your dp ?!?

Posted via RS Mobile
cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:02 AM   #18
I STILL don't get it

Go to the Dominican instead for S-Trip, grads from across Canada are going and its 8 days 7 nights for $1800

includes unlimited alchohol and hot bitches
aliuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:51 AM   #19
'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cho View Post
Girl in your dp ?!?

Posted via RS Mobile
Nope, even better than that

I don't know.. I'm still considering it right now.. I'll update this when I receive the brochure.. So alot of grads are going to these resorts?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #20
I am Hook'd on RS

depending the name of the resort, many of them have already booked out for spring break. Seen students paying $2500 for the nicer places for packages.

Ur leaving it very late. First person I talked to about spring break was before xmas
Browny is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #21
Not a mod

Looking back to when I graduated, it would've been a great memory to hold on too having done a place like Mexico. You're graduating high school, one of you biggest accomplishments so far, you owe it to your self to treat your self to something.
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2011, 02:24 PM   #22
'

Yeah they didn't do a good job promoting it.. I didn't hear about the trip until this week..

Well I forgot until now that I have two weeks of spring break so the Mexico trip is an added bonus. Im setting monday as a duedate for my final decision as more advantages for Mexico are comin my way.. There really arnt any more reasons I am against going there right now..

If my parents want to go somewhere else instead I won't be going to Mexico for sure.. $1600 is alot of money but it's money I don't mind spending for this type of trip
Posted via RS Mobile

EDIT: UPDATE
this is where im going
http://www.s-trip.com/Trips-and-Dest...-Vallarta.html

horse back riding, atv, city tour, snorkelling, whale watching, more atv, zip lining, jeep safari so some offroading for me , and dune buggy

the only thing i cant do is snorkelling.. so i guess im not missing out on much?

Last edited by insomniac; 02-26-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #23
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
You should definitely go regardless of the cost. You can earn that money back in the future. What you can't do is go on another high school grad trip that will give you lasting memories.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #24
'

^ran out of thanks.. really want to thank that post because thats what im thinking right now. the cost is now 1700.. kids my age spend that on a few pieces of "designer clothes" or even just a single bag for that price.. i buy and sell stuff daily and i have a job so 1700 isnt a huge hit on me.. grades are fine and i got admitted to university.. right now i just want to keep my grades up.. theres not much to lose even if i cant do some activities. (only snorkeling and dolphin swimming which i think would be more entertaining to watch imo.) everyone (people that graduated) last week was on reading break which made me think that theres only one week on spring break.. now that i remember its two weeks its not a big deal if i got but i will regret if i dont go... i regret even more if the weather is shit during spring break.. never been to hawaii or anywhere with nice beaches and the picture on the website really sold me out..

edit nvm i have to be 18 to do most of the atv stuff..
only thing im am eligible to do it the dune buggy.. i can choose not to go to the swimming and stuff so price will be under 1700 for sure lol

Last edited by insomniac; 02-26-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #25
I STILL don't get it

I used to share a similar perspective on traveling. I figured why would you spend all that money, when you can put it towards your car or other things. My gf and a few friends really wanted to go to Mexico and managed to convince me to come. I paid for this trip with an open mind, and after a week down there I founded a new hobby. Just experiencing a different culture alone was worth the amount we paid. Clubs down there are 100x better than clubs up here. You'll have a blast, I know I did. Ever since then I've always looked forward to a trip. Heading to Europe for 3 months next week! =D
Oscar_Binswood is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: