REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #51
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
hasnt an issued came up before when you renewed your license? If it hasnt, then your home free....
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #52
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
So if you weren't going to lie about it, why not just pay up?

Probably the same reason why other people in this thread havent payed?

They felt like it was an unjustified ticket.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by Spartacus; 03-16-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #53
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightmaskman View Post

Posted via RS Mobile
I wasn't asking about them, I was asking about you.

You didn't lie. You told them the truth (though not the entire truth). You are now being called by a collections agency because you told enough of a truth for them to find you. You admit that the fine was given to you for a correct (if not necessarily just) reason. You are now asking what damage can be done to you and your record, which kind of splashes cold water on the idea of you doing the right thing.

If you were planning on not paying, why not just go the whole nine yards and lie about everything?
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #54
My homepage has been set to RS

Unjust? Lol

Don't be like Camille now, just say I don't want to pay this f'in 250 dollar ticket.

That's a lot of money
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #55
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile
how is it an unjustified ticket? you know you were gonna go into a fare paid zone. you know that you needed proof of fare payment if checked. you know you need to pay to ride the system, but yet you decided NOT to and you got busted.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #56
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

It was my first ticket being given by a translink police, I wasn't going to lie them and possibly face other charges if they had decided to further investigate my identification.

There's a difference between lying and refusing to pay. I just wanted to know if it could hurt my credit, and if it does then so be it.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #57
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
Quote:
It was my first ticket being given by a translink police, I wasn't going to lie them and possibly face other charges if they had decided to further investigate my identification.

There's a difference between lying and refusing to pay. I just wanted to know if it could hurt my credit, and if it does then so be it.
it all depends if your Canadian name is linked to your credit file as well which is possible. Sometimes the AKA shows up but you never know till you contact equifax and request a copy.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #58
The Lone Wanderator

Quote:

"Possibly face other charges if they had decided to further investigate my identification"?

What the fuck were you doing while you were on that train?
Old 03-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #59
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

Lying to a police officer is a serious offense if you didn't know.

It's call obstruction of justice.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #60
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,421 Times in 273 Posts
lol your logic makes no sense to me

you're bitching about an unjust ticket because you didn't pay the fare and then you gave them the wrong name because you're worried that they're gonna ding you for something else which leads to lying to a peace officer...

You're a bright one

Acura Integra Type R 00-1004 - It's back
223whp 161ft tq 2.0L ITR

My Feedback
E-40six is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #61
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-40six View Post
lol your logic makes no sense to me

you're bitching about an unjust ticket because you didn't pay the fare and then you gave them the wrong name because you're worried that they're gonna ding you for something else which leads to lying to a peace officer...

You're a bright one

What the fuck are you even talking about? Your reading comprehension is astonishing. Go read the thread again.

edit: My english name is still legal on my school ID / Citizenship card. Just not drivers license.

Last edited by Spartacus; 03-16-2013 at 03:11 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #62

Quote:

What the fuck are you even talking about? Your reading comprehension is astonishing. Go read the thread again.
Yeah, I did re-read your post cause your question was so idiotic.

let me sum up what I read

1. Collections calling you because you didnt pay your ticket from translink
(possibly for not paying your fare)

2. Asking if it effects your credit

3. Gave peace officer incorrect name knowingly it is against the law

is this right?

go pay your ticket like a big boy

223whp 161ft tq 2.0L ITR

My Feedback
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #63
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

You must be dumb as a rock. You're claiming my logic is flawed because i gave the officer a wrong name, which leads to me breaking the law anyhow.

And i'm telling you re-read cause I've stated numerous times already that ITS MY REAL ENGLISH name.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #64
The Lone Wanderator

OK. So. Let's see if I can get this straight.

Get on skytrain without ticket. Get ticketed. Give English name, official name, but not the one on your DL. No way to connect your DL to the identity you gave. You checked to see if you had tickets against the name you had on your driver's license, but did not check the name you gave to the officer? Did not pay the outstanding ticket owing to your English name (which you had to this point ignored), and are now getting calls asking for payment on a ticket you didn't check for despite knowing that you didn't give them your driver's license.

IIRC under the common law system you're allowed to use any name you like for any purposes, as long as you are not perpetrating a fraud. It seems to me that willingly or not...this would count as fraud.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #65

Quote:
You must be dumb as a rock. You're claiming my logic is flawed because i gave the officer a wrong name, which leads to me breaking the law anyhow.

And i'm telling you re-read cause I've stated numerous times already that ITS MY REAL ENGLISH name.
Call me any name you like, but at the end of this situation

I'm not the one with a ticket hovering over my head which could effect my credit rating

223whp 161ft tq 2.0L ITR

My Feedback
Old 03-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #66
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
Quote:
So if you weren't going to lie about it, why not just pay up?
^ that's exactly my point. Will thank you when I get to a computer.

EDIT: just FYI, http://www.vancouversun.com/news/met...734/story.html For collections to be calling you for payment, I am going to take an educated guess that you are past the dispute date on the ticket. So the fine is now $273. You should have either disputed earlier, pay the ticket when it was issued, or now settle with collections. If you are willing to take the risk of possible future consequences, that is up to you. If you gave enough info for collections to get a hold of you, who knows what they can do with that info to possibly tie you to your credit score. And just to try and be nice here, I would suggest paying in cash if you are going to pay. Just because if you show up to pay your ticket, your ticket name may or may not match your credit card info. And we all know your credit card is definitely tied to your credit score, and we don't want that transaction popping up on there now, do we?.

Last edited by SoNaRWaVe; 03-16-2013 at 05:04 PM. Reason: more info added
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #67
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

Quote:
OK. So. Let's see if I can get this straight.

Get on skytrain without ticket. Get ticketed. Give English name, official name, but not the one on your DL. No way to connect your DL to the identity you gave. You checked to see if you had tickets against the name you had on your driver's license, but did not check the name you gave to the officer? Did not pay the outstanding ticket owing to your English name (which you had to this point ignored), and are now getting calls asking for payment on a ticket you didn't check for despite knowing that you didn't give them your driver's license.

IIRC under the common law system you're allowed to use any name you like for any purposes, as long as you are not perpetrating a fraud. It seems to me that willingly or not...this would count as fraud.

Yeah, that's exactly what happened. I didn't ask about my English name at ICBC because they might link it to my drivers license if they found out. And since i don`t plan on paying it, why would i do that.

I don`t see it as fraud but I guess that's your opinion of the situation. Plenty of people have a legal english name and | or a foreign name, and i`m just one of the few that has their names in different IDs.

If they want to penalize people like me who don`t pay their tickets, they should specifically ask for the name on your drivers license which they didn`t do.