REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   my ticket spells my mom's name wrong (https://www.revscene.net/forums/641782-my-ticket-spells-my-moms-name-wrong.html)

kolkim 04-02-2011 04:21 PM

my ticket spells my mom's name wrong

I got a ticket yesterday, I thought it was for going 106 at a 50 zone but he told me that my back headlights aren't on. I'm a new driver and I didn't know that was even illegal! Anyways he gave me a 81$ ticket, I don't really care if I have to pay it because I didn't get any points, but I noticed he spelt my mom's name wrong and I hear if they spell my name wrong it gets voided.

Other information:
I'm 17 so the car is under her name.
The ticket doesn't look like other tickets I've gotten, It says it's from a 'Peace officer' not a police officer, but he was riding in a cop car with a cop uniform.
It's a warning ticket, and It doesn't indicate the street this happened on. It tells a road that is near the street but nowhere does it say the street I was on.

Do I dispute it or just pay it?

Acuracura 04-02-2011 04:36 PM

First off you're telling us you were going 106 in a 50 zone, you've also had previous tickets....you should smack yourself in the head and give the keys back to your mom. You got lucky, sooner or later it's going to catch up with you and you will get what you deserve which is a prohibition.

As for your question you need to clarify. Is this a ticket or a Warning? Tickets you pay. If it's a Warning you don't pay and there's nothing to dispute.

Spelling your mom's name doesn't matter so long as other aspects are covered to ensure confidence that you were driving said vehicle.

kolkim 04-02-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acuracura (Post 7372597)
First off you're telling us you were going 106 in a 50 zone, you've also had previous tickets....you should smack yourself in the head and give the keys back to your mom. You got lucky, sooner or later it's going to catch up with you and you will get what you deserve which is a prohibition.

As for your question you need to clarify. Is this a ticket or a Warning? Tickets you pay. If it's a Warning you don't pay and there's nothing to dispute.

Spelling your mom's name doesn't matter so long as other aspects are covered to ensure confidence that you were driving said vehicle.

Ok thanks, it says warning all over it but that confused me cause he said something about a 81$ fine.
The car is mine tho, I paid for it with my own money, i needed the insurance under her name tho.

RevRav 04-02-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolkim (Post 7372598)
i needed the insurance under her name tho.

So your mom's listed as the principal driver on the Insurance? :moderatorban:

GrapeDrink 04-02-2011 05:45 PM

ya .. I don't think they really care whether you know its illegal or not to have your back headlights off, all that matters in this case is that IS the ruling and you violated it lol so I don't get why you even brought that up

i-vtecyo 04-02-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolkim (Post 7372582)
I got a ticket yesterday, I thought it was for going 106 at a 50 zone but he told me that my back headlights aren't on.
Other information:
I'm 17 so the car is under her name
The ticket doesn't look like other tickets I've gotten

Do you even realize what you are saying? Are you trying to brag about how reckless of a driver you are? Do us, your mom and urself a favor and stay off the road before u injure someone or yourself. :facepalm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevRav (Post 7372623)
So your mom's listed as the principal driver on the Insurance? :moderatorban:

If the insurance is including other drivers with 10 years or less experience, they have to pay around 200 extra. If they did, and the principle operator is his mom then as long as his mom is driving 51% of the time and he is driving 49% of the time, it is fine.

ruthless 04-02-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i-vtecyo (Post 7372856)
Do you even realize what you are saying? Are you trying to brag about how reckless of a driver you are? Do us, your mom and urself a favor and stay off the road before u injure someone or yourself. :facepalm:

If the insurance is including other drivers with 10 years or less experience, they have to pay around 200 extra. If they did, and the principle operator is his mom then as long as his mom is driving 51% of the time and he is driving 49% of the time, it is fine.

^+1 he better hope his moms not getting a discount
or ICBC will hit him with a $2000 fine for fraud, especially when he gets in an at fault accident with the car under his moms name(10 year driver discount)

and OP as stated above ur stupid for driving like a retard, and i didn't know cars had headlights in the back :p

sebberry 04-02-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruthless (Post 7372906)
and i didn't know cars had headlights in the back :p

My headlights are at the back when I drive in reverse :confused:

6793026 04-02-2011 09:05 PM

if your name was JOHN DOE and they spells Mr. Albert Chan.. then yes ....
but if your name was JOHN DOE and it spells JAHN Doe... you're still in the loop.

Gumby 04-02-2011 09:20 PM

I don't know where to start... this is a troll post, right?

tiger_handheld 04-02-2011 09:23 PM

what kind of car you drive? maybe the peace officer was jelly?

RevRav 04-02-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i-vtecyo (Post 7372856)

OP state he bought the car himself. Unless that's really the only vehicle in the whole family, I found it quite hard to convince his mom is the one driving it 50.1+% of the time....

Euro7r 04-02-2011 10:11 PM

He said he's 17 and bought a car with his own money :troll:.

xmisstrinh 04-02-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 7372966)
if your name was JOHN DOE and they spells Mr. Albert Chan.. then yes ....
but if your name was JOHN DOE and it spells JAHN Doe... you're still in the loop.

i lol-ed =]

TekDragon 04-02-2011 11:07 PM

One of these days things will catch up to you. Not a probation, but get yourself, or even worse, someone else seriously hurt of killed. slow down, pull your head out of your ass, and drive safely.

Soundy 04-03-2011 08:13 AM

I can't even wrap my head around this thread. Tic Tac makes more sense than the OP.

skidmark 04-03-2011 03:01 PM

:gotsearch

Check out the "stickies" especially the forum rules...you would have seen that it suggests using search first, which would have solved your question at the outset, and then it says that if you are going to talk about a ticket, post the section number and Act/Reg that you were charged under.

It is almost impossible to comment accurately on your post.

zulutango 04-03-2011 04:46 PM

Courtenay eh? Sure you're not from Cumberland? Sounds like you got a notice and order instead of a VT. I can't see how going 106 in a 50 would merit a warning in my books. Should have been an impound and excessive speed ticket. I think you got a notice and order for your tail lights not working. How about reading what it says and doing it? A mistake in the owner's name does not invalidate a ticket or a notice and order.

parm104 04-03-2011 06:28 PM

Alright so I'm not going to bother reading ALL these posts and I'm sure some of this repeats what has already been said:

OP: you're dumb...why are you going 106 in a 50 zone? You're obviously not smart enough to realize that you do not have HEADlights in the back of your vehicle but instead they are in the HEAD (FRONT) of your vehicle...So I don't see why you would think that you have the cognitive ability to drive over double the speed limit?

Secondly, it doesn't matter WHAT name is on the ticket. ALL the letters could be spelt wrong, it STILL wouldn't matter. There is a whole entire system that is in place that ensures that human or clerical error doesn't prevent you from getting a ticket. Where on earth did you hear "if they spell your name wrong, it gets voided?" It's not a McDonalds drive-thru where if you don't get your meal within 30 seconds it's free.

Lastly, you're 17 and you've gotten "other tickets." How many years have you been driving for? 1 year at the MOST?

Get off the ROAD and TAKE A BUS!

chris_89T 04-03-2011 06:59 PM

Damn dude, at 17 getting busted doing 106 in a 50 zone is just reckless, and honestly, its only going to get worse before it gets better. Count yourself lucky, and hopefully you smarten up before you kill yourself or even worse, someone else.

I dont understand what backhead lights are. Ive heard of rear fogs, but not in north america. If i try and put two and two together, im going to assume you didnt have your lights on, which just blows my mind even more that you were probably speeding with just your day time running lights on.

Im going to guess you were driving a newer 06+ honda civic as thats usually the case around here lol.

mb_ 04-03-2011 07:20 PM

Times like this where I wish the Police Forum had a fail button. 106 in a 50 :facepalm:

FerrariEnzo 04-03-2011 07:31 PM

not to mention "OTHER TICKETS" im surprised your mom still lets you drive.. if it was my mom she tell me to take the damn BUS

Brianrietta 04-03-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xclusive (Post 7373893)
Times like this where I wish the Police Forum had a fail button. 106 in a 50 :facepalm:

Well, lucky for you, it's also posted in VOT so you can fail it there! I did.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/threa...y-t641801.html

Spidey 04-03-2011 08:28 PM

err... so could it possibly be that you got a ticket for not having your headlights on at night??? in which case the cop was behind you and gave you a ticket because your rear lights weren't illuminated?

anways.. police officers are peace officers.

MindBomber 04-03-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolkim (Post 7372582)
The ticket doesn't look like other tickets I've gotten

One of the other tickets the OP has received is for running a stop sign; he also considered disputing that, because at night stop signs are just suggestions and people shouldn't need to obey them.

If the OP dies in a car crash it will be natural selection at work.