REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 04-06-2011, 07:02 AM   #26
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Why not a banana + peanut butter sandwich? That will have a good mix of sugar, carbs and protien.

It's quick enough that you can whip up in a minute, and eat on your commute.
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2011, 08:59 AM   #27
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,187 Times in 2,411 Posts
Down a raw egg or three in the morning. Did this for awhile during bulking and worked well. Not exactly delicious, but very convenient and nutritious.

Crack it properly (i.e. on a flat surface not a bowl edge and make sure the outer shell does not touch the egg itself ) and you won't have issues with contamination. Even if you accidentally have the outside shell touch the egg, chances are slim you'll catch anything. If you are really concerned, just rinse the outside for a few minutes.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #28
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
Banana+Yogurt+Some sort of protien bar. Energy, fibre and protien keeps me going until lunch.
just tried this, pretty good!
<div id="zunecard_big" class="zunecard"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://social.zune.net//xweb/lx/swf/zunecard.swf?ver=1192" style="" id="flashUserCard" name="flashUserCard" bgcolor="#FFF" wmode="opaque" salign="tl" flashvars="baseURL=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.zune.net%2f zcard%2fusercardservice.ashx%3fzunetag%3dbedheadfr 3d%26src%3dlarge&MMplayerType=PlugIn" height="260" width="548"></div>
Neoxphuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:42 AM   #29
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
^^

i dunno if a raw egg is considered very tasty or will get him excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
i don't have much time to make breakfast in the morning so i need something instant that i can make within 30seconds that is also very tasty and will get me excited every morning to want to eat it... recomendations?
if health doesnt matter much, bowl of cereal.
if you really cant sit for 2-3m to eat a meal but still want food, just eat a granola bar or something. maybe boil some eggs a day before and put them in the fridge, they last at least a few days like that.

or get a magic bullet and make a quick shake in the morning. just prep enough fruit and veg for a few days, then blend up a portion in the morning for a shake.

i cant imagine anything that can be made in 30 seconds to get you excited and be very tasty actually.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:43 AM   #30
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
Thanks for the advice guys... Up until now I ve always thought that breakfast was a necssary meal for a healthy body, but some of u have taught me something....

Thing is that, I wake up really early in the morning 7 ish, and dont get much time to eat anythin during the day till around 2 or 3, so my stomach ends up growling alot, which is unhealthy as much as it is embarrasing...

Seems like protein and milk is pretty popular witg u guys... Ill go ahead and give that a try..

And no I dont think ill be making anything overnight just because im one lazy mofo
If you don't plan ahead of what you want or say that you're lazy, it's not going to help.

Protein and milk is great, I have protein mixed with my water every morning, that with a fibre drink 30 mins prior.

But if your stomach is growling, it's probably not a good idea. If you feel hungry, then you're not doing it right. You should be eating every 2-4 hours easily. I eat every 3 hours minimum, be it carrots or just normal vegetables, or even an apple.
<div id="zunecard_big" class="zunecard"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://social.zune.net//xweb/lx/swf/zunecard.swf?ver=1192" style="" id="flashUserCard" name="flashUserCard" bgcolor="#FFF" wmode="opaque" salign="tl" flashvars="baseURL=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.zune.net%2f zcard%2fusercardservice.ashx%3fzunetag%3dbedheadfr 3d%26src%3dlarge&MMplayerType=PlugIn" height="260" width="548"></div>
Neoxphuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #31
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Down a raw egg or three in the morning. Did this for awhile during bulking and worked well. Not exactly delicious, but very convenient and nutritious.

Crack it properly (i.e. on a flat surface not a bowl edge and make sure the outer shell does not touch the egg itself ) and you won't have issues with contamination. Even if you accidentally have the outside shell touch the egg, chances are slim you'll catch anything. If you are really concerned, just rinse the outside for a few minutes.
you can just buy cartons of pasteurized egg whites if youre concerned about ecoli. Most of the protein is in the egg white anyways the yolk is mostly fat which you can easily get form other tastier sources.
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:26 PM   #32
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post

Most eggs sold in Canada (if not all) are pasteurized are they not?

Anyway, downing 3 raw eggs won't exactly be tasty. That's why I just throw a couple into a protein shake. If you use a good tasting protein shake like Optimum Nutrition, and use some milk and eggs, it makes for an incredibly smooth, rich protein shake. Almost like a milkshake!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #33
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,187 Times in 2,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
you can just buy cartons of pasteurized egg whites if youre concerned about ecoli. Most of the protein is in the egg white anyways the yolk is mostly fat which you can easily get form other tastier sources.
Well, you need fat too, so why not eat it together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Most eggs sold in Canada (if not all) are pasteurized are they not?

Anyway, downing 3 raw eggs won't exactly be tasty. That's why I just throw a couple into a protein shake. If you use a good tasting protein shake like Optimum Nutrition, and use some milk and eggs, it makes for an incredibly smooth, rich protein shake. Almost like a milkshake!
Ya pretty much all supermarket eggs you buy are pasteurized, but some people are still paranoid hence the additional explanation with safety. Tasty no, but very, very convenient, barely any cleanup necessary.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote