REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
Treasure Chest MOD
 
instantneedles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,797
Thanked 1,486 Times in 647 Posts
recommendations for a fast, convienient breakfast that is also delicious

i don't have much time to make breakfast in the morning so i need something instant that i can make within 30seconds that is also very tasty and will get me excited every morning to want to eat it... recomendations?
Advertisement
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Matlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 2,025
Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Plain oatmeal + maple syrup??
protein shake??
Any cereal??
Toast + any spreads??
Pre bought pastries such as muffins??
Fruits??

If you have more than 30sec you can try George formaning some French toast... I love French toast
also eggs can be quite fast if you scramble them on a hot pan
or even boil them the night before
Posted via RS Mobile
Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2011, 08:57 PM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Jgresch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maple Ridge
Posts: 4,430
Thanked 3,279 Times in 823 Posts
Banana+Yogurt+Some sort of protien bar. Energy, fibre and protien keeps me going until lunch.
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2011, 09:34 PM   #4
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?
 
Culture_Vulture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,038
Thanked 2,569 Times in 689 Posts
instantnoodles
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #5
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,029
Thanked 17,638 Times in 5,344 Posts
For quick breakfasts I mix:

2 eggs (do NOT discard the yolks)
200ml milk (NOT skim)
20-50g oatmeal flour
1 scoop protein powder
topped off with water to hit 600 ml

Mix that up, and you have a nice high calorie/low sugar breakfast to keep you going for a few hours until you can eat some proper food.

Most of the other advice here will just give you a big fat sugar spike, and you'll be crashing hard in an hour or two.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2011, 11:16 PM   #6
Treasure Chest MOD
 
instantneedles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,797
Thanked 1,486 Times in 647 Posts
im split in decision for oatmeal, since everytime i eat it, i get too much air in my stomach, causing me to have the tendency to want to fart. I like the protein shake, as the reason why i wake up in the morning is for excercise, but as a liquid, how filling is it? I'm also looking for some options that don't have as much sugar in it. i feel like shit when first thing in the morning, my mouth is filled with sugar...
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:32 AM   #7
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?
 
Culture_Vulture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,038
Thanked 2,569 Times in 689 Posts
okay, real talk lol
chocolate protein powder
milk
and a fucking banana

mix it up like a bawss
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2011, 12:36 AM   #8
cho
sneaky beaky like
 
cho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,207
Thanked 3,980 Times in 597 Posts
fruit is always a great choice
__________________
'16 brz wrb zc6
cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:41 AM   #9
not the mod you're looking for
 
FN-2199's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,602
Thanked 1,459 Times in 509 Posts

Or buy a waffle maker. If you've got a little more time, mix up some batter the night before, and slop it into a waffle maker in the morning. Take it on the go, or eat it with some syrup and bananas
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #10
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Surrey
Posts: 198
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Make a light sandwich a night before . Load it with something you want that doesn't have so much oil since when items are in the fridge and oily , they kind of freeze up and it's very bad for you .
ConCho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:59 PM   #11
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
TheNewGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 1,476
Thanked 521 Times in 263 Posts
Oatmeal bar + fruit + yogurt. I just grab it on my way out and eat it when I get into the office.
__________________
~ Just another noob looking for a clue
TheNewGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:24 PM   #12
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: richmond
Posts: 2,834
Thanked 1,485 Times in 568 Posts
I eat a banana and an orange usually.
__________________
Rise Auto Salon

11938 95a Ave Delta
I can be reached VIA text @ 778-232-1465

Oil change special $70 5 liters synthetic oil including OEM filter Fender rolling from $45 per fender
Car Audio:
Focal, Morel, Genesis, Clarion, Scosche, Escort, Compustar, GReddy, Blitz, Tomei, Motul, Endless, Defi, Cusco, Nismo + More


We specialize in:
Custom Car Audio
Race/4x4 Fabrication
Forced Induction
Engine Swaps
General Maintenance
Phil@rise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #13
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts




Okay, but seriously... how about making up a dish/pan/pot/whatever of a pasta dish or something... then just nuke yourself a chunk of it for breakfast? My wife does a "breakfast casserole" with potatoes, scrambled eggs, some onions, some cheese... cooks it in the evening, then just plops the whole casserole dish in the fridge. Morning, just pull out a spatula, cut out a chunk, plate it, nuke it, eat it... put the remainder back in the fridge for tomorrow.

Works well with KD, too.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"

Last edited by Soundy; 04-05-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #14
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
DaFonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: In your head
Posts: 4,591
Thanked 376 Times in 176 Posts
Here's a novel idea - skip breakfast and spend time eating a good lunch. You don't need breakfast.
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #15
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: surrey
Posts: 2,036
Thanked 3,872 Times in 695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFonz View Post
Here's a novel idea - skip breakfast and spend time eating a good lunch. You don't need breakfast.
by that same token you dont need lunch either, but its a lot better to eat both.

I make breafast burritos in advance and reheat them in the morning, theyre good and portable so i can eat them during my commute. I take eggs and egg whites, cheese, peppers and sometimes sausage, toss it in a tortilla and you are good to go.
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #16
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
DaFonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: In your head
Posts: 4,591
Thanked 376 Times in 176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
by that same token you dont need lunch either, but its a lot better to eat both.
No, actually, it's not necessarily better to eat both, but thanks for playing.
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #17
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFonz View Post
Here's a novel idea - skip breakfast and spend time eating a good lunch. You don't need breakfast.
Interesting concept... especially since most nutritionists and dietitians on the planet will tell you breakfast is the one meal you SHOULDN'T skip.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #18
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
DaFonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: In your head
Posts: 4,591
Thanked 376 Times in 176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Interesting concept... especially since most nutritionists and dietitians on the planet will tell you breakfast is the one meal you SHOULDN'T skip.
First of all, your body doesn't care whether you eat one meal a day or 6. Metabolism-wise, it's the same.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9155494

As for needing breakfast in order for you to remain alert and awake, I refer you to this:

http://www.ajcn.org/content/88/3/667.full

Translate that into, if you think skipping a meal is making you slow, then you're likely being a bitch, so harden the fuck up.

The hunger pangs you feel are a combination of:

- Your body being conditioned to release ghrelin at a certain time (i.e. you're conditioned to eat at a certain time. If you don't, then your body will adapt)
- You mistaking thirst for hunger.

Also:
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showp...75&postcount=9

And:
http://www.silverhydra.com/2011/03/i...il-you-try-it/

Damn that whole science thing eh? Getting in the way of PERFECTLY GOOD KNOWLEDGE.
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #19
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,029
Thanked 17,638 Times in 5,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Interesting concept... especially since most nutritionists and dietitians on the planet will tell you breakfast is the one meal you SHOULDN'T skip.
Nutritionists and dieticians are notoriously wrong.

Your wife has a great idea with the high calorie casserole the night before... Lots of eggs, sausage, etc.

Personally I never have breakfast unless I am in weight gain mode. I usually just have an Essential Amino Energy drink (caffeine, taurine, aminos) and that keeps me going until about 1 or 2pm when I have lunch.

If you're trying to gain weight, then breakfast is pretty important. Otherwise, it's not really necessary unless you have blood sugar issues (hypoglycemia, diabetes, etc)
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:03 PM   #20
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: surrey
Posts: 2,036
Thanked 3,872 Times in 695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFonz View Post
First of all, your body doesn't care whether you eat one meal a day or 6. Metabolism-wise, it's the same.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9155494

As for needing breakfast in order for you to remain alert and awake, I refer you to this:

http://www.ajcn.org/content/88/3/667.full

Translate that into, if you think skipping a meal is making you slow, then you're likely being a bitch, so harden the fuck up.

The hunger pangs you feel are a combination of:

- Your body being conditioned to release ghrelin at a certain time (i.e. you're conditioned to eat at a certain time. If you don't, then your body will adapt)
- You mistaking thirst for hunger.

Also:
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showp...75&postcount=9

And:
http://www.silverhydra.com/2011/03/i...il-you-try-it/

Damn that whole science thing eh? Getting in the way of PERFECTLY GOOD KNOWLEDGE.
OP is asking for a good convenient breakfast not a discussion as to whether breakfast is neccessary or healthy. Do you think there is some kind of consipracy between dieticians and oatmeal companies trying to trick us into eating breakfast even though we dont need it?

im sure i could just as easily come up with a bunch of links promoting breakfast as being healthy. At the end of the day it doesnt matter, i eat breakfast i like breakfast and i am in good shape and im healthy. I suspect OP feels the same and just wants some convenient breakfasts.

try going to the fitness section or just talking to somebody who cares about their body and say you dont need breakfast,
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2011, 11:11 PM   #21
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 5,138
Thanked 2,215 Times in 509 Posts
56g 100% whey protein (2 cups)
1 x cup of rolled oats or milled flax seeds (depending on mood)
8oz milk.

scrumdidlyumptious.
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:46 PM   #22
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
DaFonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: In your head
Posts: 4,591
Thanked 376 Times in 176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
OP is asking for a good convenient breakfast not a discussion as to whether breakfast is neccessary or healthy. Do you think there is some kind of consipracy between dieticians and oatmeal companies trying to trick us into eating breakfast even though we dont need it?

im sure i could just as easily come up with a bunch of links promoting breakfast as being healthy. At the end of the day it doesnt matter, i eat breakfast i like breakfast and i am in good shape and im healthy. I suspect OP feels the same and just wants some convenient breakfasts.

try going to the fitness section or just talking to somebody who cares about their body and say you dont need breakfast,
Are you really that fucking dense? Did you read ANY of the links I posted?

The OP has problems eating breakfast and wants things within 30 seconds. He obviously is having trouble and the shit that people are suggesting to him really aren't that great for him (as SkinnyPup said, it'll boost his sugar and have him crashing a week later).

If he's having so much trouble, then why not skip it?

As for your stupid assed comment about oatmeal companies trying to trick us into eating breakast - yah, thanks for stating the obvious. OF COURSE THEY WANT US TO BUY THEIR PRODUCTS. That's what companies do. They SELL STUFF.

There's a post in health and fitness all about breakfast LINKED from my post.

Congratulations, you fail at reading.

Breakfast:
Wrap a piece of meat with lettuce. Add some cheese if you want.

Last edited by DaFonz; 04-05-2011 at 11:51 PM.
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:32 AM   #23
RS controls my life!
 
civicyvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: yvr
Posts: 732
Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts
Relax dood. You should have just stated your solution in the first place. Where does OP say he wants a healthy breakfast. Most people don't listen to good advice given anyways. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFonz View Post
Are you really that fucking dense? Did you read ANY of the links I posted?

The OP has problems eating breakfast and wants things within 30 seconds. He obviously is having trouble and the shit that people are suggesting to him really aren't that great for him (as SkinnyPup said, it'll boost his sugar and have him crashing a week later).

If he's having so much trouble, then why not skip it?

As for your stupid assed comment about oatmeal companies trying to trick us into eating breakast - yah, thanks for stating the obvious. OF COURSE THEY WANT US TO BUY THEIR PRODUCTS. That's what companies do. They SELL STUFF.

There's a post in health and fitness all about breakfast LINKED from my post.

Congratulations, you fail at reading.

Breakfast:
Wrap a piece of meat with lettuce. Add some cheese if you want.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg calm_down_bro.jpg (39.2 KB, 0 views)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
you seen my pie live!
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
civicyvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:28 AM   #24
Treasure Chest MOD
 
instantneedles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,797
Thanked 1,486 Times in 647 Posts
Double posted..sorry

Last edited by instantneedles; 04-06-2011 at 01:31 AM. Reason: double posted
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:28 AM   #25
Treasure Chest MOD
 
instantneedles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,797
Thanked 1,486 Times in 647 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys... Up until now I ve always thought that breakfast was a necssary meal for a healthy body, but some of u have taught me something....

Thing is that, I wake up really early in the morning 7 ish, and dont get much time to eat anythin during the day till around 2 or 3, so my stomach ends up growling alot, which is unhealthy as much as it is embarrasing...

Seems like protein and milk is pretty popular witg u guys... Ill go ahead and give that a try..

And no I dont think ill be making anything overnight just because im one lazy mofo
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net