REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #4476
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Wealthy Chinese Women Are Paying $16,000 For 10 Days Of Finishing School - Yahoo! Finance Canada
Advertisement
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #4477
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Wealthy Chinese Women Are Paying $16,000 For 10 Days Of Finishing School
I'm sure a lot of you thought the same thing at first.......

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #4478
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
anyone know a good shop where I can get a bodykit painted and installed?
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #4479
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Anyone recommend a decent ram dealer in Vancouver?

I went to one in coquitlam and the salesman/atmosphere was so sleazy

PS, they made me sign a worksheet before the finance manager can talk to me about rates. Is it legally binding?

Last edited by noclue; 07-24-2013 at 07:21 PM.
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #4480
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Recommend me a deep freeze. Are they all the same or which brands are better?
Posted via RS Mobile
JHatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #4481
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue View Post

PS, they made me sign a worksheet before the finance manager can talk to me about rates. Is it legally binding?
"We're closer than you think!" <----- those guys?

Ian and Dave, LOL

Actually, they're in Maple Ridge. Hell yeah, give them a shout!
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #4482
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:

That's frigging bullshit. That's setting you up 4 corners style. Old school auto sales.

When Dino bought her VW, they had the rate right there...better than we could get at the bank. No final round at making money off your ass on the interest rate if you get too out of line on negotiating.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2013, 10:13 PM   #4483
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaznviper View Post
anyone know a good shop where I can get a bodykit painted and installed?
I went to automind on main, cash deal for the paint job... Lowest price after calling 8 body shops.

Luckily i got a friend to install it for me as well for a bowl of pho and vietnamese coffee.
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #4484

I don't know why but domestic dealers still live in the past and still believe in their old tricks. They didnt even have computers. wrote everything (price,discount) on paper. Plus they keep calling me non stop now from the salesperson to the "senior" manager.

Plus I dont get why a $32,000 Ram costs $738/month to lease for 2 years while a F150 costs $450/month. I guess chrysler products still depreciate like a rock
Old 07-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #4485
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
I don't know why but domestic dealers still live in the past and still believe in their old tricks. They didnt even have computers. wrote everything (price,discount) on paper. Plus they keep calling me non stop now from the salesperson to the "senior" manager.

Plus I dont get why a $32,000 Ram costs $738/month to lease for 2 years while a F150 costs $450/month. I guess chrysler products still depreciate like a rock
yeah dude...domestic dealers really are the worst. however, nissan in surrey (152nd and fraser) was the same. old guy in a bad suit sitting a cubicle with no computer scribbling on paper.

i asked, "what are your interest rates?"

"umm...i don't know. you need to talk to finance"

me: "well, before i consider buy a car from you, i'd like to know the break down"

"oh...well, just sign here and you move to the next stage"

I grabbed my purse and walked out. Went to the VW dealership and walked out with a new vehicle.

(I was at nissan because they had a pre-owned tiguan...which was the vehicle i was looking to buy)
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2013, 06:15 AM   #4486
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,044 Times in 2,077 Posts
Quote:

Why not get the F150 then? Fords actually have great value when you compare them spec for spec.. especially during their family sales event.

I was trying to talk my dad into buying a Tundra because Toyota and he ended up with the F150. Can't remember exact savings, but spec wise he got a little more truck for a LOT less money.. Of course it will depreciate more, but the extra dough for the Toyota likely wouldn't have been justified in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2013, 06:35 AM   #4487
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
When I went into my local Ford dealer kicking tires on a new Superduty and sat down with the sales guy, he pulled out the entire interest rate chart and walked me thru it explaining where Id be. Its not a "domestic dealer" thing, its a shitty dealership thing. Go somewhere else.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #4488
Banned By Establishment

Oh! Bonus points for a car salesman that uses the term, "well, we gotta pay to keep the lights on"

You know you are getting hosed when they need to appeal to your sense of corporate welfare. No one is asking for the car for free, or less than they paid for it, but if I negotiate a good price on the trade, a good price on the new one and you turn around and say well, its 14.9% interest...its not such a good deal is it?
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #4489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
Why not get the F150 then? Fords actually have great value when you compare them spec for spec.. especially during their family sales event.
I have a F350 powerstroke and downsizing because I dont use it for what it was meant for, plus its too big for Vancouver! Was thinking of trying another manufacturer but rams are horrible for lease, shame cause I like the look and the interior blows away any ford trucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Oh! Bonus points for a car salesman that uses the term, "well, we gotta pay to keep the lights on"

You know you are getting hosed when they need to appeal to your sense of corporate welfare. No one is asking for the car for free, or less than they paid for it, but if I negotiate a good price on the trade, a good price on the new one and you turn around and say well, its 14.9% interest...its not such a good deal is it?
Mine was "I have twins and I'm one sale away from a bonus" "this employee pricing event means we're barely making money on cars" "you have a mercedes, a little extra payment wont hurt you"

god I hate car salesman. Can't wait for the day you can buy straight from the manufacturer. domestic dealers are literally more stressful than when I bought a house. European dealers are much more professional.

Last edited by noclue; 07-26-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #4490
Banned By Establishment

Try being a female and looking for vehicle. It's cliche, but SO TRUE!

It was easier to go without Grid....look at my boobs, only shake his hand, and proceed to spend the entire time talking to him about my purchase...

"getting a reliable car for the misses"

Was very frustrating.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #4491
Banned By Establishment

This shit is fucking lame, "Mine was "I have twins and I'm one sale away from a bonus" "this employee pricing event means we're barely making money on cars" "you have a mercedes, a little extra payment wont hurt you""

He's begging you for money. I would seriously and literally say, "that is lame" and walk.

Here's how you buy a car from these guys. First, you make sure that every number is reasonable. Then you go in, channel some Vince Vaughn circa wedding crashers or something, and say, "nope, no need for that paper yet. Here's the deal, I'm going to make it simple. I want to buy a car today. I'm not dicking you around on that, so I hope I'm talking to a guy that doesn't want to do the same to me. So, I need to see x dollars on the trade. I need to see y dollars on the F150 that we looked at. We need to add tax to that, and $150 in documentation fees. Nope, I know you want to get in on that and you're going to tell me that the fee isn't negotiable, but you and know that everything is negotiable. And the interest needs to be 4% on the balance. Now, I know you need to go and talk to people, but I have to tell you that I am not above going to other dealers. Hell, I'll drive to Kelowna shopping this deal to every Ford dealership I find. I think its reasonable, so I just need to know if we're good, or if you are holding the door open for me"

Boom. If your numbers are reasonable, its alright...if you try to rip them off, they'll just FO you.

As they did to me at the Nissan dealership. At least you don't get that awkward follow up phone call asking if you have found a car.

These dicks get trained to sell cars in 1955. In the internet world, no one wants to go in and get the Hank Hill special.

Last edited by Gridlock; 07-26-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #4492
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Outside of the long horns I find the f150 interiors to be far nicer than the rams
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:17 AM   #4493
Banned By Establishment

Their main problem these days is they fucking hate, fu-cking hate being in competition with themselves. There is a choice of several of every dealership in Greater Van. I can think of 4 or 5 Ford dealerships without even having to search for the rest.

Instinctively, they think the solution to that problem is getting you to sign up that you agree to buy from there or any variation on that theme. They tried to do that to my sister once...she had fucking none of it. Then they sit a salesmen in a cube with no information and no authority. Can't even take a shit without permission. Why am I negotiating with a human terminal, with some dude I can't see in an office I'm not in?

The answer to all of this is honesty. Here's the deal...here's the car, the payment, the interest and the offer on trade. Yes, we'll do this, no we won't do this. If you like it, let's sell it. If you don't, then don't buy it. You may not make every sale that day, but you'll build capital over time, through referrals and repeat business. They can go to another dealership, and they'll find the same thing....so go and waste time and gas if you feel you must.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #4494
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

used cars easy enough, but will that work on new? How about richmond? I find they are so used to mainlanders to just come in and buy that they dont even care...

Do you know anything about negotiating on used/new motorcycles? I would imagine it be easier, but I can see the numbers not change much at all since the cost of bikes are not that high to begin with.
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #4495
MG1

Never used one before, but how good are car brokers?

I love to haggle and harrass salespeople, but next time, I might look into using a car broker.

For mortgage, I use a broker and it's been good. A car, on the other hand, may be different.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:51 PM   #4496
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,036 Times in 276 Posts
When I was looking for a used car as my first car, me and my dad checked out carter on willingdon...when we walked in the salesmen saw us and sent us this asian guy who could hardly speak English. Turned round and walked out..

Bought a VW at Richmond Lexus...great experience with a great salesman...and thats how you get a future return customer
kunoman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:53 PM   #4497
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Car brokers you mind as well go direct and import a car from the States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Never used one before, but how good are car brokers?

I love to haggle and harrass salespeople, but next time, I might look into using a car broker.

For mortgage, I use a broker and it's been good. A car, on the other hand, may be different.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:25 AM   #4498
MG1

^ don't car brokers go out and find the best deal they can for the particular model of car you want?

Saves you from dealing with sales people........ at least that's how I thought it works. The point is not to do any work. Phone up broker, tell them what you want, then wait for a call back with details. Anyone on RS purchase a car via a broker before?

Old 07-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #4499
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Gentlemen can this discussion on car buying be turned into its own thread?! I know most of you on this forum are car gurus but this page is pure gold...pure gold for those of us looking to buy a new car.

I have been wanting to upgrade my vehicle for the last year. Got the cash but two things are holding me back one of which is the nightmare of my last purchase still haunts me.

It should not take 5 fu(king hours to buy a car. I should not be talked down to as a woman purchasing alone, you should not hold my drivers license hostage, you shouldn't suggest I bring 'my decision maker' in with me next time, you should not tell me it is too much truck for me, you should not bend me over and try to screw me (figuratively only) in the middle of the show room and bloody most of all I shouldn't have to use some useless go-between to talk to the sales manager.

a Car broker would be great....then again I need to decided exactly what vehicle I want first...rdx, grand Cherokee, X3, XC60, touareg
B!tch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #4500
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by B!tch View Post

It should not take 5 fu(king hours to buy a car. I should not be talked down to as a woman purchasing alone, you should not hold my drivers license hostage, you shouldn't suggest I bring 'my decision maker' in with me next time, you should not tell me it is too much truck for me, you should not bend me over and try to screw me (figuratively only) in the middle of the show room and bloody most of all I shouldn't have to use some useless go-between to talk to the sales manager.
The only dealership that I have been treated with respect in is VW. Was the same 13 years ago when I bought one and was the same in April when I bought one. I don't know why I ever strayed...

I have been to them all Langley Auto Mall, Surrey Auto Mall, Richmond Auto Mall, and everything in between including used lots. As I said before...they shake my partners hand only, stare at my tits, and won't discuss the purchase with me. "Don't pitch the bitch" is still alive and well!

Go for the Touareg....beautiful vehicle, but a bitch on gas.
This post thanked by: