REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #4226
JSS
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

i read that they did re shoot it... the photography company sent a photographer back to retake the photo, so they had the kid sitting on the bench with one of his care workers supporting him up from the side.
Advertisement
JSS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #4227
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

random question. Roundtable Pizza in Richmond, why are there two completely seperate Rountable Pizza franchises with identical menu items and nearly identical pricing?
turbomelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:31 AM   #4228
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
This is so fucked up. I also live within a 1 block radius so I was able to smell the smoke
80-year-old woman dies boarding Vancouver charter bus - British Columbia - CBC News
Fatal fire in East Vancouver was at the home of an 80-year-old who died in a freak bus accident earlier in the day | Globalnews.ca
Posted via RS Mobile
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:39 AM   #4229
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,239 Times in 2,355 Posts
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #4230
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomelon View Post
random question. Roundtable Pizza in Richmond, why are there two completely seperate Rountable Pizza franchises with identical menu items and nearly identical pricing?
Better question, why do they call the pizza place near DT roundtable, yet the only table in the place is rectangular ..... conspiracy
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #4231
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,136 Times in 2,391 Posts
I noticed how expensive the Roundtable in Richmond is... $2.50 for a slice of pizza, no combo no nothing?!
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #4232
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts

Dinotown returns this summer | News1130

Dinotown LIVE - WET PLAY + LIVE SHOW + DINOSAURS + INFLATABLE FUN! - Bridal Falls, BC - This summer only June 29 - Sept 2, 2013 | Dinotown LIVE, Bridal Falls, BC Welcomes You!

dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #4233
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
^ omg no way!
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #4234
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,195 Times in 5,577 Posts
i got aids at Dinotown
Old 06-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #4235
I don't get it

This just came to me today.

In Robert Greene's The 48 Laws of Power, he talks about Edison and Tesla. For those of you who have read the book, it's Law 7.

Even though Tesla was the innovator, he did not protect his inventions. Edison was shrewd enough to take credit for the work. Fast forward to 2013 and the story has turned into "corporations stifle innovation".

It's not enough to be intelligent. You have to be a good businessman as well. Tesla was a crappy businessman. He thought he would change the world on the virtue of science alone. The real world gave him a hearty LOL instead.

When I read here on RS about how it's hard to make money in Vancouver, I think about why they say that. And I came to a conclusion in related to my field that I think partially answers the question.

-If you can code, there are hundreds of thousands of Indians who can do your job offshore for half the pay you're asking. Or unpaid interns can pick up the slack.
-If you can be given an abstract problem, formulate a solution and code it efficiently, you can make good money.
-If you can do the above, but are also a good businessman and can lead a team, then there is no limit to your earning power.

My two cents.
BurnoutBinLaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #4236
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,494 Times in 4,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
i got aids at Dinotown
Didn't anyone tell you not to bend over to pick up anything at the water park?
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #4237
MG1

I love the latest Playland radio ad where kid is like, "I want to get off, I want to get off....please, I wanna get off!"

**Not related to another thread here on RS, LOL, but it did cross my mind.

Anyway, the kid cannot "get off", but at the end of the ride, he says something in a deep, manly voice. Playland, making men out of little boys for over a hundred years, LOLOLOL.

This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #4238
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
wth...lol i can see family advocacy groups getting mad over that
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #4239
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
I love the latest Playland radio ad where kid is like, "I want to get off, I want to get off....please, I wanna get off!"

**Not related to another thread here on RS, LOL, but it did cross my mind.

Anyway, the kid cannot "get off", but at the end of the ride, he says something in a deep, manly voice. Playland, making men out of little boys for over a hundred years, LOLOLOL.
I did the wooden coaster for Physics 12, and in the mid-ride photograph I was seen gripping the chair for dear life and my teeth clenched. That was the first and last time I rode the coaster. I did not turn into a man.

But I would like RS's opinion of my thoughts because it might be totally wrong and misguided. I hope I'm not shouting to an empty room.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #4240
MG1

We are fortunate to have one of the very few remaining wooden roller coasters in the world right here in our backyard, so to speak. You can tell your grandchildren about your experience.

Like losing your virginity, you'll learn to like it and like it a lot........... you'll start to miss that feeling of wanting to get off.

This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #4241
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
I was freaked out my first time on the coaster as well but the pirate ship was scarier
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #4242
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I don't think coasters are as bad as some other rides like StylinRed mentioned. Cause for coasters after the first drop it's pretty relaxing to just feel the breeze as you fly threw the course doing loops and whatnot. But for the other rides, pirate ship being one of them and crazy beach party the other you gotta endure like a whole 1-3 minutes of butterflies. A friend of mine went on crazy beach party and threw up near the end of the ride... Yeah it got pretty messy.
Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #4243
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Wooden Coaster is awesome cause you can actually fly out at any given time (or at least feel like you're going to)

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #4244
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnoutBinLaden View Post
This just came to me today.

In Robert Greene's The 48 Laws of Power, he talks about Edison and Tesla. For those of you who have read the book, it's Law 7.

Even though Tesla was the innovator, he did not protect his inventions. Edison was shrewd enough to take credit for the work. Fast forward to 2013 and the story has turned into "corporations stifle innovation".

It's not enough to be intelligent. You have to be a good businessman as well. Tesla was a crappy businessman. He thought he would change the world on the virtue of science alone. The real world gave him a hearty LOL instead.

When I read here on RS about how it's hard to make money in Vancouver, I think about why they say that. And I came to a conclusion in related to my field that I think partially answers the question.

-If you can code, there are hundreds of thousands of Indians who can do your job offshore for half the pay you're asking. Or unpaid interns can pick up the slack.
-If you can be given an abstract problem, formulate a solution and code it efficiently, you can make good money.
-If you can do the above, but are also a good businessman and can lead a team, then there is no limit to your earning power.

My two cents.
Whats your 2 cents on this...?
http://www.revscene.net/forums/68462...y-college.html
dvst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #4245
I don't get it

I shouldn't have made that thread. Unfortunately, on RS, if you own up to your mistakes you still get pounced on. I have already said in multiple threads that I am going to take out loans and work through school.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #4246
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
'Sesame Street' creates first Muppet to have a parent in jail - NBC News.com

Quote:
Those friendly, fuzzy Muppets from “Sesame Street” have helped kids open up about all sorts of serious subjects, from hunger and divorce to military deployment.

But they’re now tackling a much more unexpected issue: incarceration.

Meet Alex, the first Muppet to have a dad in jail. According to a Pew Charitable Trusts report, one in 28 children in the United States now has a parent behind bars -- more than the number of kids with a parent who is deployed -- so it’s a real issue, but it’s talked about far less because of the stigma.

That’s why the Sesame Workshop says it created the “Little Children, Big Challenges: Incarceration” initiative, an online tool kit intended to help kids with a parent in prison find support and comfort, and provide families with strategies and tips to talk to their children about incarceration.

Alex is blue-haired and green-nosed and he wears a hoodie – you might think he’s just another carefree inhabitant of Sesame Street. But there’s sorrow in Alex’s voice when he talks about his father.

“I just miss him so much,” he tells a friend. “I usually don’t want people to know about my Dad.”

It’s easier for kids to hear such things from a Muppet than an adult, creators of the initiative noted.

“Coming from a Muppet, it’s almost another child telling their story to the children,” said Jeanette Betancourt, vice president of outreach and educational practices at the Sesame Workshop.

Alex will not be part of the regular cast on “Sesame Street,” but he’s playing a central role in the online tool kit.

Children of parents behind bars often feel sadness, shame and guilt about the situation, so they need to know they are loved and that the incarceration is not their fault, said Carol Burton, executive director of Centerforce, a non-profit dedicated to supporting families impacted by incarceration.

“There are several million children impacted by incarceration in this country,” Burton said. “No one is paying attention to them.”

The project and its unusual subject matter have garnered a lot of attention, with some observers calling it a sign of the times.

"Congratulations, America, on making it almost normal to have a parent in prison or jail," wrote a columnist on Reason.com.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #4247
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
"Congratulations, America, on making it almost normal to have a parent in prison or jail," wrote a columnist on Reason.com."

dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #4248
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Trump Hotel Collection | Trump International Hotel & Tower Vancouver | Downtown Torono Luxury Hotel
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #4249
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Although I definitely don't think the person should have hit the pedestrian, it's annoying as hell when assholes pull this shit.
Quote:
Pedestrian injured in parking spot row - British Columbia - CBC News

West Vancouver police are hunting for witnesses to an argument over a parking spot at Park Royal shopping mall, after a person was hit by a car while holding the spot for a friend.

Police say they've identified the driver who bumped the pedestrian on May 30, but are now trying to determine if charges are warranted.

Const. Jeff Palmer said standing in a spot to hold it might be irritating, but it's not illegal.

"We certainly don't recommend people take on vehicles personally. But on the other hand, if somebody's standing there lawfully, a driver has a responsibility not to strike a pedestrian with their vehicle," he said.

"There are certainly much better ways to resolve a dispute over a parking space "

The incident happened in an area north of Whole Foods and the Cactus Club Restaurant.

Police say the pedestrian suffered minor injuries.
artmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #4250
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,550 Times in 4,312 Posts
So this week we learned that parking spots and donut receipts > life .... got it.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote