REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Facial cleansers

I was wondering what facial cleasers you guys use for oil free skin. I do have sensitive skin so I can't use all random products that contain salytic acid. I have tried neutrogena and clean and clear but both instead of making my skin clear, it also makes it dry and flaky. On a regular basis I try to drink at least 8 cups of water each day but sometimes it doesn't always add up to keep up hydration already.

Right now I'm using Biore 4 in 1 (self foaming) cleanser and it's pretty good, problem is it only works for a while since I my skin gets oily easily. So when I use it in the morning before school, my face is all oily from the stress at school, public transit, and dirt from the air by the time I get home.

Suggestions? I was looking up Gatsby and they have some cleansers I was interested in buying and trying out. Any reviews?

BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:13 PM   #2
Female Driven

I'm a girl but use spectro... Dermatologists suggest them for all skin types! It's very mild and there's are some for combination skin, oily skin, sensitive skin, etc
You can get them at most drugstores like shoppers or superstore and sellers, etc
Posted via RS Mobile
FI-Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
Spectro Jel for Blemish-Prone Skin, Fragrance Free

+ the associated moisturizer.
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:05 PM   #4

This is my morning set. I use one or the other or both depending on my skin texture in the morning. Biore is used both morning and night time.
Spoiler!

I guess I could give spectro a shot.
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,391 Times in 270 Posts
+1 for spectro
chin3se604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:41 PM   #6

+2 for spectro

Depends on what i feel like using too.. if its really oily i go for spectro, otherwise i use clean and clear
dyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #7
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

+3 for spectro.
I try to use spectro in the morn (without moisturizer) and the more harsher salytic stuff at night (with moisturizer). I don't like to wash with the harsher stuff twice in the day cause it has the tendency to dry out my skin and increase the oil production in certain spots. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's the body's way to help combat the over dryness caused by the chemicals.

You could also try blotting sheets throughout the day to help control the oily spots, or if you're cheap (like me) use tp.
MeetHanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:41 PM   #8
Retired moderator

I have combination skin and using Spectro for combo skin was actually really drying on me.

I've been pleasantly surprised with Aveeno's foam cleanser, for the price you pay it's a total bang for your buck!

Know that the more dry your skin is underneath, the oilier it gets. Exfoliation is really important for any sort of moisturizer to permeate through the dead skin layer. I have really sensitive skin as well and I found the Aveeno was really good. The Spectro sensitive wasn't strong enough and combo skin was too drying for me.

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:25 AM   #9
Banned (ABWS)

kiels
Fobman is offline   Reply With Quote