REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Drive without due care (https://www.revscene.net/forums/656520-drive-without-due-care.html)

justin476 10-29-2011 02:45 PM

Drive without due care

I was driving to my girlfriends at 2:30 am and took a corner too fast that was posted at 30kmh. I fish tailed and went right into the ditch, and the officer gave me a ticket for $368 because he said he could tell i was speeding. I told him i wasn't, i just lost control because i drive a rear wheel 350z and it was wet out. What do you guys think the probability of me disputing this is?

Jgresch 10-29-2011 02:52 PM

I think the probability of you disputing it is pretty high because you don`t seem too sharp....

The probability of you winning on the other hand is very slim because you were driving without due care. Only amateurs drift in the rain

MindBomber 10-29-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin476 (Post 7633695)
I was driving to my girlfriends at 2:30 am and took a corner too fast that was posted at 30kmh. I fish tailed and went right into the ditch, and the officer gave me a ticket for $368 because he said he could tell i was speeding.

You were speeding and that's what caused the accident, what makes you feel that you should not need to pay the completely legitimate ticket?

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin476 (Post 7633695)
I told him i wasn't, i just lost control because i drive a rear wheel 350z and it was wet out. What do you guys think the probability of me disputing this is?

If for some reason you do dispute it, you better have a better case than I drive a RWD car and it was raining. It rains five days a week in Vancouver, and somehow everyone else manages to maintain control of their vehicles.

justin476 10-29-2011 03:05 PM

yah thanks. I WAS speeding...I just don't want to pay the ticket.

I went into the ditch pretty soft and there aren't even any skid marks on the pavement. My rear wheels only have about 50% tread also. By the time i actually went into the ditch, I was probably <20kmh.

How can he possibly have enough evidence? All he can really say is "I have reason to believe you were speeding"

CRS 10-29-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin476 (Post 7633713)

I went into the ditch pretty soft and there aren't even any skid marks on the pavement. My rear wheels only have about 50% tread also. By the time i actually went into the ditch, I was probably <20kmh.

How can he possibly have enough evidence? All he can really say is "I have reason to believe you were speeding"

The ticket isn't for speeding.

Its for driving without due care. If you drove with due care, how do you explain going into the ditch?

:fulloffuck:

6insomnia9 10-29-2011 03:30 PM

No way of getting out of it.

Pay for it and learn from your mistake and stop speeding.
Posted via RS Mobile

dlo 10-29-2011 04:10 PM

u admit to speeding online and said u just dont want to pay the ticket..
sounds like u being a dumbfuck lol, pay it for being an idiot, you deserved that ticket
go dispute for a lower price if u cant afford it

zulutango 10-29-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

All he can say is that you lost control on the corner, that you had only 50% tread left on your tyres and that you were the only one who did it....so it was not the condition of the road, the water on it or anything else but the driver who caused it. It was the result of your poor driving, and probably poor vehicle condition, which also showed a lack of "due care' on your part. If there were hundreds of vehicles off the road in that exact location at that time, you might have some hope of convincing the JP is was not your fault and probably due to poor road design. The only other option would be that you deliberately crashed your car for some reason? The fact you don't wan't to accept the blame or pay for the ticket that you got, says a lot about your attitude, one that you don't want the JP to hear as court testimony.

Nlkko 10-29-2011 05:52 PM

Because race car...

Pay the ticket and don't drive like a retard next time.

Sky_High 10-29-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

:fulloffuck: x2

justin476 10-29-2011 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7657070)
All he can say is that you lost control on the corner, that you had only 50% tread left on your tyres and that you were the only one who did it....so it was not the condition of the road, the water on it or anything else but the driver who caused it. It was the result of your poor driving, and probably poor vehicle condition, which also showed a lack of "due care' on your part. If there were hundreds of vehicles off the road in that exact location at that time, you might have some hope of convincing the JP is was not your fault and probably due to poor road design. The only other option would be that you deliberately crashed your car for some reason? The fact you don't wan't to accept the blame or pay for the ticket that you got, says a lot about your attitude, one that you don't want the JP to hear as court testimony.

Thank you for one of the only legitimate responses. The corner is very narrow (barely enough room for two cars to take the corner at the same time) and doesn't even have road lines on it. If i choose to dispute it, perhaps i will measure the width from corner to corner.

Jgresch 10-29-2011 11:35 PM

Lol what....If there is barely enough room for 2 cars to take it then why did u take it so fast? He didn't say you could get off on poor road design, he said if hundreds of cars were in the ditch that might be the case.

Just pay the ticket and don't put your car in a ditch again. If you dispute it, the cop and judge with both think you're an idiot.
Posted via RS Mobile

vafanculo 10-29-2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jgresch (Post 7669333)
Lol what....If there is barely enough room for 2 cars to take it then why did u take it so fast? He didn't say you could get off on poor road design, he said if hundreds of cars were in the ditch that might be the case.

Just pay the ticket and don't put your car in a ditch again. If you dispute it, the cop and judge with both think you're an idiot.
Posted via RS Mobile

That's exactly it. You WERE driving without due care since you were not paying due attention to the road scenerio.

Had you been driving at proper controlled speeds, you would not be making this thread.

What's next? Dispute a ticket for sliding into a car during snowy weather because you did not have snow tires?

Man up and take responsibilitu. Better yet, take this as a learning experience.

I know its not the advice you want to hear, but its the advice you need hear.
Posted via RS Mobile

Jgresch 10-30-2011 12:16 AM

Quoted wrong person lol
Posted via RS Mobile

vafanculo 10-30-2011 12:31 AM

Lol no I liked your point. Maybe I shoulda worded it better
Posted via RS Mobile

MindBomber 10-30-2011 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin476 (Post 7669326)
Thank you for one of the only legitimate responses. The corner is very narrow (barely enough room for two cars to take the corner at the same time) and doesn't even have road lines on it. If i choose to dispute it, perhaps i will measure the width from corner to corner.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, that's probably why the corner was marked 30km/h.

:concentrate:

gc200 10-30-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7657070)

i would actually listen to this guy. hes going to be my defence lawyer in future.hehe

FerrariEnzo 10-30-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

you need friction to make skidmarks

AND.. HOW OLD ARE YOU!.. if you dont want to pay, Dont drive...

Driving is Responsibility and a Privilege. You sound like you dont have any Responsibility.

Nlkko 10-30-2011 11:49 AM

This thread is :facepalm:

jlenko 10-30-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkko (Post 7669655)
This thread is :facepalm:

This forum usually is! :woot2: It's called "free entertainment" for the rest of us.

ninjatune 10-30-2011 02:43 PM

Don't bother disputing the fine amount either. JJP's cannot lower the fine for Drive Without Due Care.

zulutango 10-30-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gc200 (Post 7669536)
i would actually listen to this guy. hes going to be my defence lawyer in future.hehe

Talk to me. My company has been retained in several court cases, including BC Supreme Court and I'm an accepted "expert". :)

Simnut 10-30-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7669976)
Talk to me. My company has been retained in several court cases, including BC Supreme Court and I'm an accepted "expert". :)

But keep your vehicle away from this gentleman, he has size 12 feet! :fullofwin:

gc200 10-30-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7669976)

oh i will.hehe
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simnut (Post 7670111)
But keep your vehicle away from this gentleman, he has size 12 feet! :fullofwin:

lmao

Gumby 10-31-2011 09:46 AM

Where's the FAIL button when you need it? :D