REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
I am Hook'd on RS
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: White Rock
Posts: 66
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Drive without due care

I was driving to my girlfriends at 2:30 am and took a corner too fast that was posted at 30kmh. I fish tailed and went right into the ditch, and the officer gave me a ticket for $368 because he said he could tell i was speeding. I told him i wasn't, i just lost control because i drive a rear wheel 350z and it was wet out. What do you guys think the probability of me disputing this is?
Advertisement
justin476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Jgresch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maple Ridge
Posts: 4,430
Thanked 3,279 Times in 823 Posts
I think the probability of you disputing it is pretty high because you don`t seem too sharp....

The probability of you winning on the other hand is very slim because you were driving without due care. Only amateurs drift in the rain
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
Wanna have a threesome?
 
MindBomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Squamish
Posts: 4,886
Thanked 5,052 Times in 1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin476 View Post
I was driving to my girlfriends at 2:30 am and took a corner too fast that was posted at 30kmh. I fish tailed and went right into the ditch, and the officer gave me a ticket for $368 because he said he could tell i was speeding.
You were speeding and that's what caused the accident, what makes you feel that you should not need to pay the completely legitimate ticket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin476 View Post
I told him i wasn't, i just lost control because i drive a rear wheel 350z and it was wet out. What do you guys think the probability of me disputing this is?
If for some reason you do dispute it, you better have a better case than I drive a RWD car and it was raining. It rains five days a week in Vancouver, and somehow everyone else manages to maintain control of their vehicles.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
I am Hook'd on RS
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: White Rock
Posts: 66
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yah thanks. I WAS speeding...I just don't want to pay the ticket.

I went into the ditch pretty soft and there aren't even any skid marks on the pavement. My rear wheels only have about 50% tread also. By the time i actually went into the ditch, I was probably <20kmh.

How can he possibly have enough evidence? All he can really say is "I have reason to believe you were speeding"
justin476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:21 PM   #5
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,364
Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin476 View Post
yah thanks. I WAS speeding...I just don't want to pay the ticket.

I went into the ditch pretty soft and there aren't even any skid marks on the pavement. My rear wheels only have about 50% tread also. By the time i actually went into the ditch, I was probably <20kmh.

How can he possibly have enough evidence? All he can really say is "I have reason to believe you were speeding"
The ticket isn't for speeding.

Its for driving without due care. If you drove with due care, how do you explain going into the ditch?

CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #6
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ♠
Posts: 4,847
Thanked 692 Times in 249 Posts
No way of getting out of it.

Pay for it and learn from your mistake and stop speeding.
Posted via RS Mobile
6insomnia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:10 PM   #7
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once
 
dlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 6,040
Thanked 7,900 Times in 1,421 Posts
u admit to speeding online and said u just dont want to pay the ticket..
sounds like u being a dumbfuck lol, pay it for being an idiot, you deserved that ticket
go dispute for a lower price if u cant afford it
__________________
Quote:
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:43 PM   #8
RS Peace Officer
 
zulutango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver Islan
Posts: 3,850
Thanked 1,623 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin476 View Post
yah thanks. I WAS speeding...I just don't want to pay the ticket.

I went into the ditch pretty soft and there aren't even any skid marks on the pavement. My rear wheels only have about 50% tread also. By the time i actually went into the ditch, I was probably <20kmh.

How can he possibly have enough evidence? All he can really say is "I have reason to believe you were speeding"
All he can say is that you lost control on the corner, that you had only 50% tread left on your tyres and that you were the only one who did it....so it was not the condition of the road, the water on it or anything else but the driver who caused it. It was the result of your poor driving, and probably poor vehicle condition, which also showed a lack of "due care' on your part. If there were hundreds of vehicles off the road in that exact location at that time, you might have some hope of convincing the JP is was not your fault and probably due to poor road design. The only other option would be that you deliberately crashed your car for some reason? The fact you don't wan't to accept the blame or pay for the ticket that you got, says a lot about your attitude, one that you don't want the JP to hear as court testimony.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #9
I help report spam so I got this! &lt;--
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,513
Thanked 910 Times in 418 Posts
Because race car...

Pay the ticket and don't drive like a retard next time.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:18 PM   #10
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!
 
Sky_High's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: RevScene.net
Posts: 1,889
Thanked 1,283 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin476 View Post
yah thanks. I WAS speeding...I just don't want to pay the ticket.

I went into the ditch pretty soft and there aren't even any skid marks on the pavement. My rear wheels only have about 50% tread also. By the time i actually went into the ditch, I was probably <20kmh.

How can he possibly have enough evidence? All he can really say is "I have reason to believe you were speeding"
x2
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:24 AM   #11
I am Hook'd on RS
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: White Rock
Posts: 66
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
All he can say is that you lost control on the corner, that you had only 50% tread left on your tyres and that you were the only one who did it....so it was not the condition of the road, the water on it or anything else but the driver who caused it. It was the result of your poor driving, and probably poor vehicle condition, which also showed a lack of "due care' on your part. If there were hundreds of vehicles off the road in that exact location at that time, you might have some hope of convincing the JP is was not your fault and probably due to poor road design. The only other option would be that you deliberately crashed your car for some reason? The fact you don't wan't to accept the blame or pay for the ticket that you got, says a lot about your attitude, one that you don't want the JP to hear as court testimony.
Thank you for one of the only legitimate responses. The corner is very narrow (barely enough room for two cars to take the corner at the same time) and doesn't even have road lines on it. If i choose to dispute it, perhaps i will measure the width from corner to corner.

Last edited by justin476; 10-30-2011 at 12:30 AM.
justin476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:35 AM   #12
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Jgresch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maple Ridge
Posts: 4,430
Thanked 3,279 Times in 823 Posts
Lol what....If there is barely enough room for 2 cars to take it then why did u take it so fast? He didn't say you could get off on poor road design, he said if hundreds of cars were in the ditch that might be the case.

Just pay the ticket and don't put your car in a ditch again. If you dispute it, the cop and judge with both think you're an idiot.
Posted via RS Mobile
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:50 AM   #13
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: richmond
Posts: 2,518
Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
Lol what....If there is barely enough room for 2 cars to take it then why did u take it so fast? He didn't say you could get off on poor road design, he said if hundreds of cars were in the ditch that might be the case.

Just pay the ticket and don't put your car in a ditch again. If you dispute it, the cop and judge with both think you're an idiot.
Posted via RS Mobile
That's exactly it. You WERE driving without due care since you were not paying due attention to the road scenerio.

Had you been driving at proper controlled speeds, you would not be making this thread.

What's next? Dispute a ticket for sliding into a car during snowy weather because you did not have snow tires?


Man up and take responsibilitu. Better yet, take this as a learning experience.

I know its not the advice you want to hear, but its the advice you need hear.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:16 AM   #14
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Jgresch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maple Ridge
Posts: 4,430
Thanked 3,279 Times in 823 Posts
Quoted wrong person lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:31 AM   #15
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: richmond
Posts: 2,518
Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Lol no I liked your point. Maybe I shoulda worded it better
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2011, 02:01 AM   #16
Wanna have a threesome?
 
MindBomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Squamish
Posts: 4,886
Thanked 5,052 Times in 1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin476 View Post
Thank you for one of the only legitimate responses. The corner is very narrow (barely enough room for two cars to take the corner at the same time) and doesn't even have road lines on it. If i choose to dispute it, perhaps i will measure the width from corner to corner.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, that's probably why the corner was marked 30km/h.

MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2011, 09:37 AM   #17
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 243
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
All he can say is that you lost control on the corner, that you had only 50% tread left on your tyres and that you were the only one who did it....so it was not the condition of the road, the water on it or anything else but the driver who caused it. It was the result of your poor driving, and probably poor vehicle condition, which also showed a lack of "due care' on your part. If there were hundreds of vehicles off the road in that exact location at that time, you might have some hope of convincing the JP is was not your fault and probably due to poor road design. The only other option would be that you deliberately crashed your car for some reason? The fact you don't wan't to accept the blame or pay for the ticket that you got, says a lot about your attitude, one that you don't want the JP to hear as court testimony.
i would actually listen to this guy. hes going to be my defence lawyer in future.hehe
gc200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:35 AM   #18
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon
 
FerrariEnzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: somewhere
Posts: 7,656
Thanked 2,352 Times in 949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin476 View Post
yah thanks. I WAS speeding...I just don't want to pay the ticket.
I went into the ditch pretty soft and there aren't even any skid marks on the pavement. My rear wheels only have about 50% tread also. By the time i actually went into the ditch, I was probably <20kmh.
How can he possibly have enough evidence? All he can really say is "I have reason to believe you were speeding"
you need friction to make skidmarks

AND.. HOW OLD ARE YOU!.. if you dont want to pay, Dont drive...

Driving is Responsibility and a Privilege. You sound like you dont have any Responsibility.
__________________
My Buy&Sell Feedback, Thanx

Last edited by FerrariEnzo; 10-30-2011 at 11:01 AM.
FerrariEnzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:49 PM   #19
I help report spam so I got this! &lt;--
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,513
Thanked 910 Times in 418 Posts
This thread is
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #20
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
jlenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 3,562
Thanked 330 Times in 163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
This thread is
This forum usually is! It's called "free entertainment" for the rest of us.
__________________
Don't be the next RS.net statistic - If you drink, don't drive. You'll lose your licence, and the rest of us will laugh at you.
jlenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:43 PM   #21
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
ninjatune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: LMD
Posts: 3,145
Thanked 228 Times in 71 Posts
Don't bother disputing the fine amount either. JJP's cannot lower the fine for Drive Without Due Care.
ninjatune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:40 PM   #22
RS Peace Officer
 
zulutango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver Islan
Posts: 3,850
Thanked 1,623 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc200 View Post
i would actually listen to this guy. hes going to be my defence lawyer in future.hehe
Talk to me. My company has been retained in several court cases, including BC Supreme Court and I'm an accepted "expert".
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:53 PM   #23
...on a mission....
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: n
Posts: 281
Thanked 60 Times in 30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Talk to me. My company has been retained in several court cases, including BC Supreme Court and I'm an accepted "expert".
But keep your vehicle away from this gentleman, he has size 12 feet!
Simnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:50 PM   #24
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 243
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Talk to me. My company has been retained in several court cases, including BC Supreme Court and I'm an accepted "expert".
oh i will.hehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simnut View Post
But keep your vehicle away from this gentleman, he has size 12 feet!
lmao
gc200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:46 AM   #25
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Gumby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,262
Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts
Where's the FAIL button when you need it?
__________________
Do Not Put Aftershave on Your Balls. -604CEFIRO
Looks like I'm gonna have some hot sex again tonight...OOPS i got the 6 pack. that wont last me the night, I better go back and get the 24 pack! -Turbo E
kinda off topic but obama is a dilf - miss_crayon
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net