REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 08-01-2015, 11:38 PM   #151
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Anyone have DA9000W Dual Action Polisher 6" backing plate, Complete kit - Waxed Shine

or use T-cut products? Significantly cheaper than most products out there.
Advertisement

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:46 PM   #152
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Waxed Shine products are in good quality. I have used their polish pads before and they are very well made.

I will try their machines when I retire my PC.
gn02156668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:17 PM   #153

Washed + Waxed again at the wash bay and took couple pictures

Old 08-15-2015, 11:33 PM   #154
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I'm looking for some advice here.
I'm starting to get into auto detailing (for personal/recreational, not business) and now that the Canadian dollar is shit, I don't know where the best place (online or local, but local preferred) to shop is. Looking for the best bang for buck DA polisher (i'm thinking Porter Cable) backing plate, pads, some wax/polish, nanoskin etc etc.
Obviously cost is important. Amazon.ca is so overpriced. :/
Cheers.
c4@urdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 01:01 AM   #155
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Amazon is one of the best places to get stuff.
Auto Obsessed - auto detailing services and car care products - Edmonton, Alberta, Canada is Canadain based as well.

But you will see the prices of everything going up because everyone gets there stuff out of the US.

If you want a cheap DA then GG 6" is decent for $180ish, the 7424XP is good too. I have used these a couple times but when i jumped in I went with both feet and bough all Rupes stuff. Its like night and day in comparison.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2015, 01:37 PM   #156

Yea, Rupes is more than double the price of the Griots or PC. I'm sure it is night and day difference. For that price it better be. IMO at that price point, you either should be making money off your detailing, or you have money to burn.
I'm just a newbie who wants to do a bit more to my/family/friends vehicles than just basic wash-clay-wax by hand.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:06 PM   #157
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
bought mine from eshine

eShine Canada: 1.Porter Cable 7424XP Swirl Buster Kit 5.5" CCS Pads
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2015, 10:10 AM   #158
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Waxedshine products

Hey guys, I am actually the developer and owner for the Waxedshine brand. We also have a new retail store now open in Coquitlam called Everything Car Care at #1-2700 Barnet Highway. We are literally half price to many local stores, we are all trained detailers and offer a wide range of products from TCUT to our in house brand Waxedshine. We have machines from 8mm to 21mm, WS8, WS12 and WS21 and we will give any machine a run for its money. We are quite possibly the cheapest prices in Canada and compete with US pricing in Canadian dollar. Come check us out! EVERYTHING CAR CARE
alexhirst is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-31-2015, 10:23 PM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexhirst View Post
Hey guys, I am actually the developer and owner for the Waxedshine brand. We also have a new retail store now open in Coquitlam called Everything Car Care at #1-2700 Barnet Highway. We are literally half price to many local stores, we are all trained detailers and offer a wide range of products from TCUT to our in house brand Waxedshine. We have machines from 8mm to 21mm, WS8, WS12 and WS21 and we will give any machine a run for its money. We are quite possibly the cheapest prices in Canada and compete with US pricing in Canadian dollar. Come check us out! EVERYTHING CAR CARE
Your DA Orbitals are at entry level Rupes pricing....
I don't recognize any of the brands you carry either. Are they generic formulas with a label slapped on it?
Can you tell me why I should buy your in house brand and not any other well established polisher brand?
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2015, 02:46 PM   #160
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
Best place to go next to AutoObsessed.
Urrtoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 04:23 PM   #161

Did a Wash & Wax + Ceramic coating on this brand new Spicy red 2016 WRX today. Even though the vehicle is new . there were still several minor imperfections which I corrected today such as removing residue being left over by bird poops.

The vehicle was firstly foam cannoned and hand washed. After that, the vehicle was clay clothed to remove embedded dirt and tar.

Then the vehicle was wiped down with IPA alcohol in order to remove any oil that would prevent proper bonding of the Cquartz ceramic coating.

Lastly, the rims were waxed and exhaust pipes were polished. No job is done until windows were polished.

Before :

Dirt is building up at rocker panel area

Vehicle has never been washed previously

foam cannoning

3 buckets method

cleaning up the hinges

possible bird poops etching the clear coat

managed to remove the defect with some hand polish tools.

After Cquartz

Rims were waxed and tyres were dressed

polished exhaust

Another successful day to serve & protect !
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2015, 07:10 PM   #162

Did a Wash & Wax on this good looking 2014 Mazda 3 today.

The vehicle was originally filled with road tar / brake dust and dead bugs all over the place due to long commute by it's owner.

The vehicle was first foam cannoned and then clay clothed to remove the embedded dirt.

After that, the vehicle was layered with synthetic wax and poor boys glaze in order to mask the light swirls.

Furthermore, the vehicle was protected / enhanced the wetness effect with Mitchell & King boutique wax.

Inspected and followed up with this Cquartzed Sti which was protected with ceramic coating 6 months ago.

The paint is still shiny and beading water. The vehicle was washed once again and layered with another sealant to enhance the shine.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:28 PM   #163

Did a Wash & Wax + cquartz on this brand new 2015 subaru XV today. The vehicle was foam cannoned and hand washed in the beginning. After that , it was clay clothed and wiped down with alcohol in order to remove any oil on the paint.

Cquartz ceramic coating was applied to further the paint protection and enhance the shininess of the vehicle.

foam cannoning

Plastic trims are protected with cquartz as well

End result

Tyres are dressed and rims are waxed.

Last edited by gn02156668; 09-27-2015 at 09:34 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2015, 04:38 PM   #164

Did a Wash & Wax + Cquartz on this brand new 2015 Land Rover.
The vehicle was filled with minor swirls due to improper car wash technique. However, due to the reason that it is a brand new vehicle, the owner was suggested that it will be worth while to wait for several years before having any paint correction on this fine looking beast.

Besides that, the rims were filled with brake dust and were black in colour.
We firstly foam cannoned the the vehicle in order to remove any loose dirt. After that, the vehicle was hand washed and clay clothed to remove the embedded dirt.

Once the vehicle was blown dried, it was wiped down with alcohol and Cquartz UK was applied to the exterior of the whole vehicle.

No job was done until tyres were dressed and exhaust was polished

Foam cannoning

After Ceramic Coating with Showroom finish

Before

After

Before

After

Limited UK edition

Enjoy !
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2015, 06:31 PM   #165
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Hey c4@urdoor,
We make our own formulations, I personally formulate the products in Coquitlam. There are no rebottled products, you will not find my products in other bottles either.

The retail side of the products are manufactured in the UK, we are the distributor for those. You have not heard of them as they have never been to North America. They are however in over 76 countries worldwide and have a very large following elsewhere.

Waxedshine is the brand we created, focused on high quality ingredients and is pushed currently to 12 countries after a year of entering the market. We serve the US much more as it competes with the likes of Carpro and the other followed brands. In the US people know Waxedshine however being local in BC we want to start getting the word out here. We are all car nuts, passionate about what we do, what we formulate.

The machines are much more than anything entry level, lets just say we are switching Rupes users daily due to power, ergonomics, balance, price. We also include with every kit a bag and pad set so its ready to go with your preferred liquid. The Rupes is $399.99 USD in the US and that comes with nothing but the tool itself. In Canada is pushed up to $520.00 CAD. We charge $379 CAD for the complete kit and better yet our warranty is local, you deal with people local. To many of our clients that speaks volumes for them.

We will have a full Waxedshine sampler kit ready soon that allows anyone to try the range at a very fair price and see why the range has grow very quickly in 1 year.
alexhirst is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2015, 08:32 PM   #166
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4@urdoor View Post
Your DA Orbitals are at entry level Rupes pricing....
I don't recognize any of the brands you carry either. Are they generic formulas with a label slapped on it?
Can you tell me why I should buy your in house brand and not any other well established polisher brand?
I'm a user of WaxedShine's products and I really like them. I've been in the detailing game for about 4 years now. With that being said I've tried many products. Some good, some bad. Every single WaxedShine product I've used has been wonderful. Their quick detailer is my personal favourite. It smells amazing and leaves the surface very slick and glossy. Their Carnauba wax is a dream to work with. Easy on, easy off. Aqua Bead is amazing. It's saved me many hours as it's a touchless silica sealant. There's not much more I could ask for to be honest. Their prices are very fair and it's great not having to pay exchange and/or shipping since their in Coquitlam. I'll let my results speak for themselves.

This Ducati was protected with WaxedShine's Carnauba. The beading is fantastic.

Their Quick Detailer works great for quick touch up's or to add some gloss and protection after a wash.

This uber rare 918 Spyder with the Martini livery and Weissach package was given a quick touch up with their Quick Detailer before it's unveil at the Cars and Coffee at Porsche Centre Langley.

This F430 was given a 2 step polish and then finished with WaxedShine's Carnauba.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2015, 10:56 PM   #167
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Has anyone ever used 3M Cleaner Clay? It's more expensive than other clays out there.
learn2manual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:58 PM   #168
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by learn2manual View Post
Has anyone ever used 3M Cleaner Clay? It's more expensive than other clays out there.
I personally haven't. I usually go with a yellow generic clay bar along with a clay towel.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:50 PM   #169
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

@gn02 off topic is that SFU? my friend lives on that exact same building haha
SofaKingFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 04:32 PM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofaKingFast View Post
@gn02 off topic is that SFU? my friend lives on that exact same building haha

LOL , you have very good eyes !
Old 10-15-2015, 07:28 PM   #171

Did a 1 stage polish & Cquartz on this track proven ek9 today.

The vehicle's paint was originally oxidized and filled with swirls.

Furthermore, there were key scratches randomly located on the right side of the vehicle.

Due to the amount of limited clear coat , we only removed approximately 40% of the swirls & other paint imperfection. After that, the vehicle was ceramic coated with Cquartz in order to further protect the paint of the vehicle.

The shine of the oxidized paint was restored and the key scratches were improved to be less obvious.

At the end of the day , we have successfully restored this ek9 back to a shiny reflective vehicle and it is ready to head back to the track.

foam cannoning

key scratches

Before / after on front right fender

Before / After on front hood

After cquartz

Last edited by gn02156668; 10-15-2015 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:48 PM   #172
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

gn02156668 - what's your single stage product of choice? I've been on the search for some new polish. Used to do 2 stage with M105/205 once a year, but I'm too lazy to spend that much time anymore on my aging car, so looking for a "one shot" product that'll get my to 80% and save me a few hours.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 03:11 PM   #173

Syee , M105 / 205 are good combo , it is kind of difficult to do a 1 stage with an expected result of 80%.

May be try a less aggressive pad with 105 and move on with it ?

I usually play around with 105 , Race glaze polishing and Poor boys product. The best way to prevent swirls is by washing the vehicle properly as you only have a limited amount of clear coat.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:14 PM   #174

Quick follow up with ek9 which was treated with a 1 stage polish & Cquartz yesterday.

The shine of the vehicle has been enhanced with the ability of water repellency .

Old 10-17-2015, 04:57 PM   #175
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by syee View Post
gn02156668 - what's your single stage product of choice? I've been on the search for some new polish. Used to do 2 stage with M105/205 once a year, but I'm too lazy to spend that much time anymore on my aging car, so looking for a "one shot" product that'll get my to 80% and save me a few hours.
Menzerna FG400 can be a good one step. cuts like crazy and can finish down really well (LSP ready) if the right pad, machine and technique is used.