REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #10601
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
I remember reading in this thread that people here wanted the Canucks just to squeeze into the playoffs instead of winning another Presidents Trophy. Now theres mass panic again.....
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #10602
My homepage has been set to RS

Well guys you had to see some of this happening at some point I mean its karma right! Gillis didn't the void of kesler on finding a replacement centre meanwhile we have close to 10 million dollars tied up to 2 goalies and half of it is sitting on the bench half the time...Gillis practically gave manny a 10 game tryout and once he saw that Kesler was good to comeback shut manny down for the year I guess thats what you get Gillis...
Old 03-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #10603
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

For the people at the game tonight. Anybody see the guy flipping off the kiss cam camera? Wonder if that guy got ejected. I hope he did. Tons of lil kids in attendance. I'd sure be pissed if my son or daughter started doing that cuz they saw him do it.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #10604
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

^ Yeah. I saw that. Lol did not expect that
Old 03-18-2013, 11:01 PM   #10605

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
I remember reading in this thread that people here wanted the Canucks just to squeeze into the playoffs instead of winning another Presidents Trophy. Now theres mass panic again.....
WTB: 2012 LA Kings playoff run style
Old 03-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #10606
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
WTB: LA Kings jersey
fixed
Old 03-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #10607
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
WTB: 2012 LA Kings playoff run style
we won't have the goaltending they had even with Lu and Schoo amirite?

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 03-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #10608
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
That guy flipping off on the screen was a fucking dick. Especially with kids around

Remember the Steckel comment. He went 17 for 23 tonight. We were at 32% tonight. When lappierre is taking your defensive draws. We have a problem.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #10609
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
MG is not the issue.

AV is on thin ice but I don't think a coaching change will happen in a shortened season. If the Canucks don't make it past 2nd round I'm pretty sure he's out of here.

The season isn't a write off yet, but if the Canucks don't pull it together quickly here, I have a feeling the 2013-2014 team photo will have some unfamiliar faces.
I think they are both the issue.
AV's incapable of making smart coaching decision when shit hits the fan.
He can't adapt to the game situations and all he does is juggle lines.

MG on the other hand, hasn't given AV a lot to play with at this point.
Considering we have 1 line, and like a bunch of bottom 9 forwards...

Of course, no one predicted our exact 2 injured players were going to be long-term injured AGAIN after returning.

But still, I'm not convinced this team is strong enough to make a deep playoff run, even with Kesler and Booth.
So that's MG's fault for not getting proper support.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #10610
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
I blame our shitty goal song. It not a song that makes you want to score more to hear it . Bring back Green day good times
Old 03-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #10611
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
He would if he showed up to camp looking better than Raymond.
Seems like the Canucks always use being "out of shape" as an excuse to not play young talent. Whether it be Grabner, Shirokov, Hodgson, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dL View Post
Now we know why Ballard is scratched.

dL
Posted via RS Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPoola View Post
Now I see why AV benches Ballard on the regular. That was a WEAK as fuck defensive attempt. WOW

How is he able to get his timing down when AV doesn't play him? You can't simulate timing in game situations during practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dL View Post
This team needs a big shake up.

dL
Posted via RS Mobile
Fire the Coach/GM, I've been saying it since last year.

Quote:
brb

Lu lets in 4 goals vs NSH

brb

Lu lets in 5 goals vs DET

I know! Lets start Lu tonight!

#AVLogic
Can't put all the blame on him. The team in front of him is shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum300 View Post
Jason Garrison needs to hit the net. He took like 10 shots and only 1 maybe 2 hit the net.
Jason Garrison needs Brian Campbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post
Am I the only one that thinks Mike Gillis is the issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
MG is not the issue.

AV is on thin ice but I don't think a coaching change will happen in a shortened season. If the Canucks don't make it past 2nd round I'm pretty sure he's out of here.

The season isn't a write off yet, but if the Canucks don't pull it together quickly here, I have a feeling the 2013-2014 team photo will have some unfamiliar faces.
Newbie GM that inherited a very good team that Burke/Nonis built. Has made no significant moves other than drafting and getting rid of Hodgson.

Nobody wants to play for this guy. Lets go sign Marco Sturm, promise him 2nd line minutes and trade him 2 weeks later. These antics will totally discourage other free agents from wanting to come here. Lets act like big shots and throw offer sheets at other players while forgetting to protect our own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post

MG on the other hand, hasn't given AV a lot to play with at this point.
Considering we have 1 line, and like a bunch of bottom 9 forwards...

Of course, no one predicted our exact 2 injured players were going to be long-term injured AGAIN after returning.

But still, I'm not convinced this team is strong enough to make a deep playoff run, even with Kesler and Booth.
So that's MG's fault for not getting proper support.
AV's logic:

1. Let the Sedins do whatever they want
2. Roll lines 2 and 3
3. Put all young talent/enforcers on 4th line and bench them
4. Line juggle
5. Repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
I blame our shitty goal song. It not a song that makes you want to score more to hear it . Bring back Green day good times
I've always liked the Yabba Dabba Do during the WCE days.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:01 AM   #10612

It's like CDC in here.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2013, 12:41 AM   #10613
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
It's like CDC in here.
Honestly, I think our time as an elite team is done.

The Sedins aren't getting any younger, I doubt Kesler will ever be a selke level player again and MG has fucked the goaltending situation thus far.

MG did a great job in 2010, acquiring Hamhuis and Malhotra in the off-season. He had a solid 2011 trade deadline, addressing our 4th line issues by acquiring Lapierre and Higgins for draft picks, but other than that, he's made some very questionable moves. As much as I like Kassian, MG dealt with the Hodgson situation very poorly; including calling him out after the trade. Even then, he could have waited till the off-season to pull the trigger. AV didn't help the situation, either. The fact is, we need to get rid of one of these goalies for some valuable assets, otherwise we might as well throw this season away. We are in dire need of a 3rd line centre, top 6 winger and RH PMD. Without these acquisitions, this team will struggle to make it out of the first round, considering we even make the playoffs.

/rant
Old 03-19-2013, 02:23 AM   #10614
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
My personal feeling is the cycle for success for the Canucks is peaking. It happens to almost every team eventually and if you look at the Canucks roster there is issues that need to be addressed. We don't have a solid 2nd line,hell our 1st line has been god awful, the PP has disappeared because we don't have forwards who can bloody score, our defense is decent but we're missing that huge point shot we had with Salo. Garrison was suppose to fill that role which he hasn't. And than you look at the talent in the farm system, there's really nobody you can bring up and start.

My biggest fear is the Canucks turning into the Calgary Flames; old team, bad trades with no real talent in the farm system and you're left with a roster with players that have big contracts making them virtually impossible to move. And than try to mask all these issues by firing and hiring a new coach every couple of seasons. I just hope that MG makes the right trade when he decides to trade Lu or Cory because it's really the only big trade in which the Canucks might get something in return that will benefit the team down the road or else we're going to be dealing with a bad trade for seasons to come.

Last edited by Harvey Specter; 03-19-2013 at 02:28 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:39 AM   #10615
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
You guys do know the Rangers, Philly, Washington, Tampa, Nashville, and Phoenix are all out of the playoffs, and San Jose, Detroit and New Jersey have all been out of the playoffs for most of the season? Those are all powerhouse, or recent playoff teams.

It seems every team other than Chicaco, Anaheim, Boston, Montreal, or the Pens, is really struggling this year.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:41 AM   #10616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post
My personal feeling is the cycle for success for the Canucks is peaking. It happens to almost every team eventually and if you look at the Canucks roster there is issues that need to be addressed. We don't have a solid 2nd line,hell our 1st line has been god awful, the PP has disappeared because we don't have forwards who can bloody score, our defense is decent but we're missing that huge point shot we had with Salo. Garrison was suppose to fill that role which he hasn't. And than you look at the talent in the farm system, there's really nobody you can bring up and start.

My biggest fear is the Canucks turning into the Calgary Flames; old team, bad trades with no real talent in the farm system and you're left with a roster with players that have big contracts making them virtually impossible to move. And than try to mask all these issues by firing and hiring a new coach every couple of seasons. I just hope that MG makes the right trade when he decides to trade Lu or Cory because it's really the only big trade in which the Canucks might get something in return that will benefit the team down the road or else we're going to be dealing with a bad trade for seasons to come.
I agree with everything except these two things. I think the first line has been the same as it's always been and they're producing - they can't be expected to be the only ones who score every night, especially if we want to win. Danny has been in a bit of a slump but Hank has been playing well, and Burr is doing his thing.

Garrison is only just starting to get PP1 time so I expect his numbers to produce, just look at last nights game, booming shot leads to a rebound goal.

I do strongly agree with your Flames comment and have thought the same for a while. We seem to like trading prospects/picks for rental players. If that continues, we'll be a team full of old-veterans who finish just out of the playoffs, giving us a middle of the pack pick. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

I think an interim 2C is our main concern right now, one who will slide down to 3C when Kes returns (or vice versa), who can take d-zone draws, etc. If you look at our faceoff stats from last night:

Higgins: 0-4 - 0%
Ebbet: 2-10 - 20%
Hank: 13-28 - 46%
Hansen: 0-3 - 0%
Lapierre - 4-12 - 33%
Schroeds - 2-8 - 25%

Pretty pathetic. The only competent faceoff man is Henrik and he usually isn't the guy taking the most amount of draws.

Oh and...

Konopoka - 10-10 - 100%

Old 03-19-2013, 07:34 AM   #10617
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Here's the thing. What smart coaching decisions should he have made during game situations? Other than juggling lines, giving a pep-talk to certain players, what can he really do? Bench players that aren't producing? That would result in having 2-3 players left to play. I hear a lot of AV hate and ect but what can he literally do to make his team of one good line and the rest 4th liners play better?
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #10618
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Maybe a repost but i'm too lazy to search.. either way..the video is just plain awesome lol

Last edited by 411ken; 03-19-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #10619
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
"Maybe" a repost?
Old 03-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #10620
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
You guys do know the Rangers, Philly, Washington, Tampa, Nashville, and Phoenix are all out of the playoffs, and San Jose, Detroit and New Jersey have all been out of the playoffs for most of the season? Those are all powerhouse, or recent playoff teams.

It seems every team other than Chicaco, Anaheim, Boston, Montreal, or the Pens, is really struggling this year.
This means nothing.
Each team faces adversity one way or another. Its all about climbing out of the hole.

The sens are crap on paper losing their no1 fwd, no1 D and parts of the season, their goalie, but the team plays through it and works to improve. I dont see the same urgency from the Canucks.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #10621
I don't get it

Have you guys noticed that they don't hit anymore?

I was watching the Blackcocks play a few games ago and they were finishing every check - it was so apparent after like 5 minutes.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #10622
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Maybe a repost but i'm too lazy to search.. either way..the video is just plain awesome lol
Luongo vs. Schneider - YouTube
Old 03-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #10623
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot1 View Post
Have you guys noticed that they don't hit anymore?

I was watching the Blackcocks play a few games ago and they were finishing every check - it was so apparent after like 5 minutes.
The Canucks can't be bothered to play physical until the playoffs. Remember last year? We were wondering where all the hits were and then game 1 of the playoffs, Edler goes and has like 10 hits.

Same thing the year before. Same the year before that.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #10624

Funny stuff by Teemu.

Quote:
Anaheim Ducks ‏@AnaheimDucks
Teemu Selanne asked about the Perry/Getzlaf contracts: “If they can play 8 more years, then I can too. I’m in better shape than they are.”
Gardiner on his way back to the Leafs. They were retarded for not having him up with the big club.

Also, AV with a weird comment. Not sure what the context was.

Quote:
Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff
#Canucks AV: 'this chemistry is different from others for so many reasons I don't want to get into right now. But it's a different group'
Old 03-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #10625
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

One thing to consider before all these knee-jerk reactions is what the long term plan is for the Canucks.

If the Canucks are going for it, they have to go for it this year or next. Once the Sedins' contracts are up, they will be 35 years old entering a new contract. That's pretty old. They are still elite players, but what's the plan for them? Do you sign them to big contracts, or try and sign them for cheap and trade other assets to bring in future first liners for the team?