REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #17276
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Sharks pre powerplay pump hand bite is the most faggy (best) move in hockey.
DoooooooDoooooo

Advertisement
Old 05-21-2013, 11:57 PM   #17277
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I'm pretty sure you'd be one of the only people to say that... but whenever I disagree with you, you start attacking me so I'll just say I disagree with you and leave it at that
lol why do you always get so sensitive when someone disagrees with your opinion? I was unaware that backing up an argument was considered "attacking" someone.

btw, in what way do the Sharks look better in this series as opposed to when they played against the Canucks? The Sharks dominated the Canucks, and right now, they're holding their own against the Kings. I don't see how they're playing "a lot better". Also, I'd like to see how the Sharks would fair against the Kings if the officiating was called evenly.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:18 AM   #17278
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2013, 12:24 AM   #17279

the segment from today...

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2013, 12:29 AM   #17280
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,847 Times in 8,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
lol why do you always get so sensitive when someone disagrees with your opinion? I was unaware that backing up an argument was considered "attacking" someone.

btw, in what way do the Sharks look better in this series as opposed to when they played against the Canucks? The Sharks dominated the Canucks, and right now, they're holding their own against the Kings. I don't see how they're playing "a lot better". Also, I'd like to see how the Sharks would fair against the Kings if the officiating was called evenly.

Have you not ever read this thread before?
Old 05-22-2013, 12:32 AM   #17281
Big Drama Show

Quote:

Have you not ever read this thread before?
Obviously I have, and the interpretation I get is bballguy likes to call out posts with logical fallacies, while you tend to get upset whenever someone disagrees with you.
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-22-2013, 12:34 AM   #17282
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,312 Times in 1,650 Posts
brutal call against the kings. not like i really care though heh
Spoiler!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:35 AM   #17283

Quote:
Obviously I have, and the interpretation I get is bballguy likes to call out posts with logical fallacies, while you tend to get upset whenever someone disagrees with you.
Logical fallacies? I am one of the few who were actually logical about the Canucks this season.

And that's what makes guys like bball guy and you mad.. he even said as much in a post. "Fans" get mad when faced with reality. Maybe this isn't the place to talk about reality, at least when they are still playing games. Once they are out of the playoffs, then everyone can look at the real picture and not get mad at each other.

So people like he are the ones who get all upset and mad, and start turning the thread to shit. And whenever someone says something negative about Luongo, you have another group of people doing the same.

I WISH people would disagree with my opinions, instead of turning the thread into shit show. That way, we might be able to have an interesting conversation, rather than someone getting all mad and the other getting annoyed. And maybe we will learn from one another, considering each others perspectives.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:07 AM   #17284
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
And that's what makes guys like bball guy and you mad.. he even said as much in a post. "Fans" get mad when faced with reality. Maybe this isn't the place to talk about reality, at least when they are still playing games. Once they are out of the playoffs, then everyone can look at the real picture and not get mad at each other.

It's just horrible when we're in the middle of the playoffs, and you express your opinions in a way that shows that you have no hope whatsoever for the team....Yes, we're well aware that this team has played very mediocre, and not like a true 3rd seeded team, but if you're going to talk like there's no hope, then yes, it absolutely is annoying as fuck.....and you're a pretty horrible fan when you've lost hope....You think you're the only one that thinks we're fucked when we're down 3-0? Newsflash bud, you're not...but some of us keep that slightest bit of hope and don't start calling 'it's over'....

Some shitty Red Wings fans called the same thing about their team when they were shitty for almost the entire regular season.....friend of mine that's a wings fan said to me 'it doesn't matter if they make playoffs, they'll be lucky to get past the first round anyway'.......that's what YOU sound like....You think that guy deserves to be cheering for the Wings when he had no hope for them when they were struggling? No, if I was a Wings fan, I'd tell him to fuck off and expose him to everyone else that he's cheering with....Same shit with you, if Canucks came back, started playing well, and ended up winning the series, you'd get all hyped again and start cheering again, even though you had lost all hope when they were struggling....that's called bandwagoning br0......yeah, I said it.

Quote:
Oh great here comes a penalty shot, which they'll miss, and give the crowd even more to cheer about
Yeah man, spoken like a true fan...keep the faith alive....only time I remember you actually showing any hope, is when they started playing well in game 4...which is exactly what I'm talking about...talking so much shit when they are playing poorly, but when they turn it around, oh all of a sudden "come on boys, need 2 goals in this period!"...right, okay...

I'm sure if we asked you who you thought was going to win the series beforehand, you would've said Sharks, which would just go to show your lack of hope for the team...

Quote:
And that's what makes guys like bball guy and you mad

Last edited by bballguy; 05-22-2013 at 01:41 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2013, 01:20 AM   #17285

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ

Last edited by Not really racist!; 05-22-2013 at 01:26 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2013, 01:44 AM   #17286
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
It's just horrible when we're in the middle of the playoffs, and you express your opinions in a way that shows that you have no hope whatsoever for the team....Yes, we're well aware that this team has played very mediocre, and not like a true 3rd seeded team, but if you're going to talk like there's no hope, then yes, it absolutely is annoying as fuck.....and you're a pretty horrible fan when you've lost hope....You think you're the only one that thinks we're fucked when we're down 3-0? Newsflash bud, you're not...but some of us keep that slightest bit of hope and don't start calling 'it's over'....

Some shitty Red Wings fans called the same thing about their team when they were shitty for almost the entire regular season.....friend of mine that's a wings fan said to me 'it doesn't matter if they make playoffs, they'll be lucky to get past the first round anyway'.......that's what YOU sound like....You think that guy deserves to be cheering for the Wings when he had no hope for them when they were struggling? No, if I was a Wings fan, I'd tell him to fuck off and expose him to everyone else that he's cheering with....Same shit with you, if Canucks came back, started playing well, and ended up winning the series, you'd get all hyped again and start cheering again, even though you had lost all hope when they were struggling....that's called bandwagoning br0......yeah, I said it.

Yeah man, spoken like a true fan...keep the faith alive....only time I remember you actually showing any hope, is when they started playing well in game 4...which is exactly what I'm talking about...talking so much shit when they are playing poorly, but when they turn it around, oh all of a sudden "come on boys, need 2 goals in this period!"...right, okay...

I'm sure if we asked you who you thought was going to win the series beforehand, you would've said Sharks, which would just go to show your lack of hope for the team...
And here comes the "who's the bigger fan" pissing contest.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2013, 01:47 AM   #17287
My homepage has been set to RS

for fuck sakes not this again

a bunch of you guys need to take it to fight club and stop dildoing around

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2013, 01:51 AM   #17288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
And here comes the "who's the bigger fan" pissing contest.
I'm not arguing who's the bigger fan, I'm just saying that ONE is not much of a fan when you have no hope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
for fuck sakes not this again

a bunch of you guys need to take it to fight club and stop dildoing around
He brought it up, someone responded him about it, and then he called me out....obviously I'm going to respond to it...

and I'm not even fighting, he can disagree with my points if he wants, and we'll leave it at that...
Old 05-22-2013, 01:52 AM   #17289
Big Drama Show

So how about dem Red Wingz
Old 05-22-2013, 01:59 AM   #17290

Quote:
So how about dem Red Wingz
They'll be lucky to make it past the first round...
Old 05-22-2013, 02:19 AM   #17291

I have no problem admitting that you're a way bigger Canucks fan than I am. Most people here probably are!

But on the other hand, no matter what team or athlete I follow, I don't look for hope, and I don't have faith in things. I follow the team or athlete, and if they are good, that's good. If they're not, that's fine too. But they are still not good. I am not going to try to trick myself into believing otherwise.

So if I say something that is either a realistic prediction based on my opinion, or an exaggerated or sarcastic one also based on my opinion, that's all it is - my opinion. It might not have faith or hope, but oh well.. I don't follow sports looking for that. I just look to be entertained by good play, amazing skills, hard checks, etc.

It's nice to finally see a level headed response from you directed toward me for once. I'm glad you calmed down and pulled back on the vitriol
Old 05-22-2013, 02:44 AM   #17292
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
There's a HUGE difference between a Canucks fan and a Hockey fan.

Canucks fans are like religious people. They have faith. They base their faith on who's currently in management and wearing the right jersey. Any "blasphemous" statements against them and you're immediately a "bandwagoner" or whatever.

Hockey fans, on the other hand, regard the game in a larger context. Looking at individual players' strengths and weaknesses, including coaching and management.

Example - Never liked Cooke despite him wearing the Nucks Jersey. Never liked Ohlund after the slash that put M. Koivu on IR. I think the Bruins and Blackhawks are two well assembled teams. But Canucks fans, just see blue and green. THAT's IT.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:47 AM   #17293

Quote:
I have no problem admitting that you're a way bigger Canucks fan than I am. Most people here probably are!

But on the other hand, no matter what team or athlete I follow, I don't look for hope, and I don't have faith in things. I follow the team or athlete, and if they are good, that's good. If they're not, that's fine too. But they are still not good. I am not going to try to trick myself into believing otherwise.

So if I say something that is either a realistic prediction based on my opinion, or an exaggerated or sarcastic one also based on my opinion, that's all it is - my opinion. It might not have faith or hope, but oh well.. I don't follow sports looking for that. I just look to be entertained by good play, amazing skills, hard checks, etc.

It's nice to finally see a level headed response from you directed toward me for once. I'm glad you calmed down and pulled back on the vitriol

I get what you're saying, but what's your opinion on the scenario that I'm explaining to you.......team is playing like shit, and you have no 'hope'...but when they are playing well, you're all over it.....

Red Wings are playing like shit, Red Wings fan calls it over before playoff spots are even decided, says even if they make playoffs, they don't stand a chance to advance.......now that they are in 2nd round, he's all over them....

What's your opinion on that? That is bandwagoning, right?

Last edited by bballguy; 05-22-2013 at 02:57 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:57 AM   #17294

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
There's a HUGE difference between a Canucks fan and a Hockey fan.

Canucks fans are like religious people. They have faith. They base their faith on who's currently in management and wearing the right jersey. Any "blasphemous" statements against them and you're immediately a "bandwagoner" or whatever.

Hockey fans, on the other hand, regard the game in a larger context. Looking at individual players' strengths and weaknesses, including coaching and management.

Example - Never liked Cooke despite him wearing the Nucks Jersey. Never liked Ohlund after the slash that put M. Koivu on IR. I think the Bruins and Blackhawks are two well assembled teams. But Canucks fans, just see blue and green. THAT's IT.
It's not a difference between CANUCKS fan and hockey fan.....It's a difference of being a fan of a particular team and being a fan of the sport.....If you are solely fan of the sport, are just excited about watching good hockey, and not cheering for a particular team, then by all means, stating that [insert team] has no shot whatsoever is totally cool...nothing wrong with that...

However, declaring yourself as a fan of a particular team, and then stating 'we don't stand a chance' when said team is not playing particularly well lately, especially in a sport like hockey where there is so much parity...well...that's basically my definition of bandwagoning in its most annoying form....
Old 05-22-2013, 03:08 AM   #17295

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
I get what you're saying, but what's your opinion on the scenario that I'm explaining to you.......team is playing like shit, and you have no 'hope'...but when they are playing well, you're all over it.....

Red Wings are playing like shit, Red Wings fan calls it over before playoff spots are even decided, says even if they make playoffs, they don't stand a chance to advance.......now that they are in 2nd round, he's all over them....

What's your opinion on that? That is bandwagoning, right?
Don't get me started on that stupid term.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to closely follow a team when they suck. If the ownership and leadership can't put together a team worth watching, why keep putting devotion (and money) into it? The players still get paid millions whether you cheer for them or not, and chances are they don't care whether you do. And many of them would actually rather be left alone most of the time anyway. Any interaction with fans is nothing more than 'part of the job'

On the other hand, when things start getting good, what's wrong with wanting to get in on the fun? This way, you don't waste your time and emotions on a shitty team, yet can still have fun and enjoy a good team.

Complaining about "bandwagoning" is like complaining about people who cheer on Canada at the olympics, but don't go to any events in between.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:15 AM   #17296
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2013, 03:17 AM   #17297

Quote:
Don't get me started on that stupid term.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to closely follow a team when they suck. If the ownership and leadership can't put together a team worth watching, why keep putting devotion (and money) into it?

On the other hand, when things start getting good, what's wrong with wanting to get in on the fun? This way, you don't waste your time and emotions on a shitty team, yet can still have fun and enjoy a good team.

Complaining about "bandwagoning" is like complaining about people who cheer on Canada at the olympics, but don't go to any events in between.
Don't look too much into the term, rather than the act that I'm referring to...

It's not specifically the bandwagoning that I'm complaining about....I mean, your Canada reference can be put to Canucks as well....It's like people who don't care about the Canucks or hockey during the entire regular season, but when playoffs come along they join in on the hype....I have no problem with that....There's a difference though between the two different forms....

So really, it's NOT like your Canada example...Rather, it's more like being the annoying guy in the room that's going "oh they aren't good, they don't stand a chance" when Canada is down 2-0, but then getting all excited when they complete the comeback and go up 3-2....well, no, please stfu, because you said they don't stand a chance, and now you look stupid....
Old 05-22-2013, 05:01 AM   #17298

That's the thing about sports, and the reason why we watch it. Anything can happen - even a team who "doesn't have a chance" can still win. The Ravens "didn't have a chance" during the playoffs last season. Even as a fan, I could recognize that the odds were insanely high against them. But I still watched all their games and cheered them on, because anything can happen.

People who go by the odds don't look stupid when magic happens. They are just making a prediction based on the most likely outcome. There is no such thing as 100% in sports.

If anything, it's the ones who say "see I knew they could do it all along!" that are the ones who look stupid. Anyone who says I am being illogical about the Canucks must have brain damage or are just blinded by wanting to throw shit, because THESE are the people who are ANYTHING but logical. In fact I am going to go back and fail whoever said that, because it's just stupid.

In any case, the end result should be that everyone has fun cheering their team, and get along during this time. Don't get mad when you can't fathom logic - if you want to keep saying "I know they can do it" go ahead, but just don't get mad and throw shit at people for not seeing it your way.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:20 AM   #17299
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I just read through this entire back and forth....

On another note, I wish LA was given that premature whistle goal. I'm rooting for the sharks, but if they tied it up and took it to overtime, it would have been worth watching. And that's all I want these days; a good game to watch.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #17300

someone who doesnt know hockey, claims to be a bigger fan than someone else. constantly spouts incorrect information about hockey and looks to ESPN for sources. still a bigger fan than others. o ok