REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #16026
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
Kilinim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Surrey
Posts: 1,065
Thanked 171 Times in 95 Posts
I predict a Canucks win tonight
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Kilinim is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #16027
Big Drama Show
 
jayare604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Goodboy Nation
Posts: 5,733
Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Ever since the finals loss I've pretty much been a neutral observer, tried to have very little emotional ties although still get super tense obviously down 2-1 or when were tied and there is a flurry in front of our net

Invested too much emotionally into the 2011 season after all my efforts and explaining to people that the Canucks were building towards Somthing and to finally see all my talk come to fruition only to see it end in huge disappointment it's hard for me to get on board when I see what I see on the ice, wouldn't say I'm a pessimist or optimist but a realist, my analysis may seem asinine at times but I'd like to think I think the game at a level higher than your average fan, I could write a book on all the little intricacies and eb and flows of the game and how single goals nearly destroyed franchises etc that are far above your typical fans thinking

So after all the 2011 stuff and to see the group that I loved and finally figured they were good enough to win lose like that still an empty feeling

What's the saying, the only thing worse than being hated is indifference?
Posted via RS Mobile
jayare604 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #16028
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
sonick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Revscene
Posts: 7,385
Thanked 4,998 Times in 1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Ever since the finals loss I've pretty much been a neutral observer, tried to have very little emotional ties although still get super tense obviously down 2-1 or when were tied and there is a flurry in front of our net

Invested too much emotionally into the 2011 season after all my efforts and explaining to people that the Canucks were building towards Somthing and to finally see all my talk come to fruition only to see it end in huge disappointment it's hard for me to get on board when I see what I see on the ice, wouldn't say I'm a pessimist or optimist but a realist, my analysis may seem asinine at times but I'd like to think I think the game at a level higher than your average fan, I could write a book on all the little intricacies and eb and flows of the game and how single goals nearly destroyed franchises etc that are far above your typical fans thinking

So after all the 2011 stuff and to see the group that I loved and finally figured they were good enough to win lose like that still an empty feeling

What's the saying, the only thing worse than being hated is indifference?
Posted via RS Mobile
Same here. With all that plus the lockout, I cancelled my cable this year so only caught a handful of HNIC games on CBC. Other than that, I haven't followed them much nor am I as emotionally invested as I used to be, win or lose.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyxx View Post
Sonick is a genius. I won't go into detail what's so great about his post. But it's damn good!
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #16029
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer
 
spoon.ek9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,491
Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,198 Posts
that empty feeling, definitely feel that one.
__________________
1998 Honda Civic EK9 - GQ || 1990 Honda Civic Si ED7 - DD || 1990 Honda Civic ED6 - RIP
VCC Buy/Sell rating 60-0-0 || RS Buy/Sell rating 20-0-0 || HT Buy/Sell rating 1-0-0
IG: @spoon.ek9
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #16030
rebuild you say?
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,150
Thanked 3,532 Times in 1,172 Posts
I honestly hope Schneids shits the bed within the first period..

Pretty much as a coach you want to start Lu, but from management's perspective you start Schnieds...

Better cue the trade Schnoo over Luu after this game......
__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #16031
Need my Daily Fix of RS
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 290
Thanked 58 Times in 33 Posts
Schneider starting? Time to go watch Iron Man?
theevilslave is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #16032
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: vancouver
Posts: 501
Thanked 441 Times in 127 Posts
Stop blaming refs. I hear this every year here. It's sad.

Also, schneider is our future starter. He had one bad period don't start the goalie bandwagon again. I understand that luongo has been solid but schneider deserves to play as much as luongo in my opinion.
sekin67835 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #16033
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Mr.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,322
Thanked 1,696 Times in 424 Posts
It's impressive how Facebook is quiet. Shit, here in Winnipeg, people are still talking about the Jets, what they're going to do in the offseason, etc. Vancouver 'fans'? Nothing, no criticism, just indifference? Or is everyone a bandwagoner?

Nevertheless, the best thing that can happen to the organization is a loss tonight. AV will be fine; he won't be jobless for long, but the team clearly lacks strong leadership.

Also, Luongo should stay. Been saying it all along, he's an excellent goalie, but if the team can't score, you can't expect the guy to win games by himself.
__________________
Have an E38? Check out E38Registry.org!

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #16034
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,364
Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekin67835 View Post
Stop blaming refs. I hear this every year here. It's sad.

Also, schneider is our future starter. He had one bad period don't start the goalie bandwagon again. I understand that luongo has been solid but schneider deserves to play as much as luongo in my opinion.
IMO, you don't start a goalie coming off an injury when your other goalie has been LIGHTS OUT in the series.
CRS is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #16035
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 27,727
Thanked 7,281 Times in 2,573 Posts
Also it's going to be terrible for his pschye if he gets lit up, the teams psyche actually
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #16036
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Best players often get 6-7 year contracts in the NBA....and isn't the 10+year contract shit in the NHL just a way to fuck with the cap hit? I mean usually the guy isn't going to play the full 10+ years of that contract is he? He still gets paid the same amount, but the annual cap hit for the team is less...
Maximum contract length was 7 years. Then it was reduced to 6 years and as of the current NBA CBA, it's 5 years. Miami's Big 3, for example, have 6 year contracts since they signed them before 2011.

And yes, some long term contracts are all about cap circumvention but others are meant to be played for their duration, ending when they're around 35.

Personally, I think all these things are going away with the newest CBA limiting long term contracts. It will be a moot point in a few years but right now, NTCs are in place to give players that sign long term contracts security in exchange for a long term commitment.

There's other factors to consider as well, such as RFA and UFA status.
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #16037
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
I'm also pretty sure AV will have a job next season. Not with the Canucks but plenty of teams are looking for a solid coach.
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #16038
Need my Daily Fix of RS
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Van Island
Posts: 261
Thanked 130 Times in 50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekin67835 View Post
Stop blaming refs. I hear this every year here. It's sad.

Also, schneider is our future starter. He had one bad period don't start the goalie bandwagon again. I understand that luongo has been solid but schneider deserves to play as much as luongo in my opinion.
Luongo was never the problem, it's the team. Schneider was not the answer to the teams woes. I like Schneider but I hope Luongo wins a cup with a different team for being thrown under the bus. Few key players are gone since Boston finals but the best we have to repalce with is Ebbett
tarobbt is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #16039
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
OGCStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 1,087
Thanked 632 Times in 178 Posts
schneider is starting tonight :P
OGCStrike is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #16040
Banned (ABWS)?
 
AzNightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,911
Thanked 2,130 Times in 1,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
It's impressive how Facebook is quiet. Shit, here in Winnipeg, people are still talking about the Jets, what they're going to do in the offseason, etc. Vancouver 'fans'? Nothing, no criticism, just indifference? Or is everyone a bandwagoner?
Well facebook is facebook. We were discussing about off-season changes a few pages back.
In fact, we're still discussing about AV's firing, which is on the topic of off-season changes.

Then again, Winnipeg recently got their team back. It is an exciting time for them.
There's no excitement for the Canucks. Just full of disappointment.
I don't know about the others, but anything short of a cup is failure to me.
We're not at a point where we should be happy to just make it to the playoffs or win 1 or 2 rounds.

The regular season feels like filler hockey now. I had no problems with the shorter season. Even 48 games felt too long for me. Every season, I'm just eagerly waiting for May, when playoffs start. There's nothing to look forward to in the regular season. We shouldn't be a team fighting for a playoff spot, so it's almost expected to be a "given" that we'll be in the post season once it comes around. (If we don't make it, that's just epic failure beyond all measures)

Playoffs is the only season I really care about now. And the Stanley Cup is the expectation... and it's a disappointing feeling to know we're no where close to become cup contenders and the future seasons just look worse.
__________________
__________________________________________________
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #16041
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: richmond
Posts: 247
Thanked 68 Times in 36 Posts
the jets fans are aiming for making the playoffs. they came very close but fell short. the canucks fans are aiming for a stanley cup and now they are on the verge of being swept in the first round, well short of the goal. of course there's no excitement or talk here. people are straight up disappointed and pissed!
TPMarko is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #16042
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
The regular season feels like filler hockey now. I had no problems with the shorter season. Even 48 games felt too long for me. Every season, I'm just eagerly waiting for May, when playoffs start. There's nothing to look forward to in the regular season. We shouldn't be a team fighting for a playoff spot, so it's almost expected to be a "given" that we'll be in the post season once it comes around. (If we don't make it, that's just epic failure beyond all measures)

Playoffs is the only season I really care about now. And the Stanley Cup is the expectation... and it's a disappointing feeling to know we're no where close to become cup contenders and the future seasons just look worse.

Won't be an expectation next season...
Posted via RS Mobile
bballguy is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #16043
Throw yo paws in da air!
 
XplicitLuder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: State of Trance
Posts: 5,029
Thanked 2,720 Times in 933 Posts
Why are you guys not liking the fact that Schneider is starting? Has no one looked into the fact that Schneider has rebounded amazingly after a shit-the-bed game? I can't recall him having 2 back to back starts that have ended horribly. A part of me wants them to lose just so huge changes happen, but part of me wants them to win although let's face it... If we some how survive this round we are for sure making an exit next round...
Posted via RS Mobile
XplicitLuder is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #16044
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
EmperorIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: home
Posts: 2,695
Thanked 3,676 Times in 808 Posts
so any predictions for tonight? I'd say 0-4

Since SJ never swept a series in playoff history ... its pretty much guaranteed the Canucks are going to hand them their first one
EmperorIS is online now  
Old 05-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #16045
rebuild you say?
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,150
Thanked 3,532 Times in 1,172 Posts
Game 3 clearly was a sign that Schnoo wasn't really ready (yet)

His 5 hole was fucking bigger than a prostitute's vagina after a gang bang

Lu deserved to play last game and this game, Lu gives us a better chance of winning, based on "riding the hotter goalie" and the goalie who is fresh and ready to go 120%
__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #16046
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
EmperorIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: home
Posts: 2,695
Thanked 3,676 Times in 808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
Game 3 clearly was a sign that Schnoo wasn't really ready (yet)

His 5 hole was fucking bigger than a prostitute's vagina after a gang bang

Lu deserved to play last game and this game, Lu gives us a better chance of winning, based on "riding the hotter goalie" and the goalie who is fresh and ready to go 120%
Yeah at least let us see Lu play for the nucks one last time..

scumbag AV
EmperorIS is online now  
Old 05-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #16047
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
punkwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Surrey
Posts: 5,295
Thanked 4,192 Times in 1,316 Posts
It's Schneider's team. It's been made clear that Lu is gone. Of course he plays in the elimination game. It's more about the message at this point.

I hope Schneider blanks them tonight.
__________________
If you drive like an asshole, you probably are one.
punkwax is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #16048
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Spoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: VAN/RMD/BBY
Posts: 2,221
Thanked 760 Times in 336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
It's Schneider's team. It's been made clear that Lu is gone. Of course he plays in the elimination game. It's more about the message at this point.
If we get swept. Tables can turn pretty quick if we decide to clean house at the management level.
__________________
My Buyer/Seller Rating
Spoon is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #16049
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
punkwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Surrey
Posts: 5,295
Thanked 4,192 Times in 1,316 Posts
If there's a clean house and a team makeover, I feel the easy choice is to build around a younger, comparable goaltender in Schneider.
__________________
If you drive like an asshole, you probably are one.
punkwax is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #16050
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer
 
spoon.ek9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,491
Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
so any predictions for tonight? I'd say 0-4

Since SJ never swept a series in playoff history ... its pretty much guaranteed the Canucks are going to hand them their first one
yup, we are streak busters in the worst way.
__________________
1998 Honda Civic EK9 - GQ || 1990 Honda Civic Si ED7 - DD || 1990 Honda Civic ED6 - RIP
VCC Buy/Sell rating 60-0-0 || RS Buy/Sell rating 20-0-0 || HT Buy/Sell rating 1-0-0
IG: @spoon.ek9
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net