REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

have anyone done laser eyes surgery?

have anyone done laser eyes surgery? i am thinking of getting it done
i went to london eyes centre it says it cost $4000 for intra-lase sbk. knock 500 off if you hv a referral
im going to kings lasik on monday.
anyone have places recommended?and how you feel after doing the surgery. any long term post complication ??

absolute_zer0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
Banned By Establishment

No problems yet. Go for the consultation and that should knock the price down more. Good after care that is included in the price
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #3
Banned By Establishment

If you do a search, there was a thread on this topic
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I've done at London back years ago... Amazing results , the other good thing that you come back for another surgery if you need it and it will be free of charge . So it sorda life time warranty
Cossack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
RS controls my life!

i went to pacific laser eye centre had it done almost 2 full years ago .. best thing i've ever done
eurochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #6
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossack View Post
I've done at London back years ago... Amazing results , the other good thing that you come back for another surgery if you need it and it will be free of charge . So it sorda life time warranty
that doesn't include over time though..im sure they just meant if the results didn't come how u expected / the job was a bit botched / didn't go over very well they will redo it
eurochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #7
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Coal Harbour Eye Center PRK, $1500 all in. Took about 8 weeks but I'm finally seeing 20/20
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #8
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by absolute_zer0o View Post
im going to kings lasik on monday.
Did you end up going to King Lasik?

How was it?
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #9
I don't get it

How long do these procedures typically take? I'm not fond of sticking shit in my eyes, so the less time it takes, the better.
eclipseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #10
xxx

I really want to get it done next year but I've heard so many stories of people having great day vision but poor night vision to the point where they still have to wear glasses in order to drive at night....

Can anyone comment on this? This is the main thing that's making me hesitant to go through with it
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #11
resident Oil Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.T View Post
I really want to get it done next year but I've heard so many stories of people having great day vision but poor night vision to the point where they still have to wear glasses in order to drive at night....

Can anyone comment on this? This is the main thing that's making me hesitant to go through with it
This is where I'm at right now. 3 months after PRK @ Coal Harbour.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #12
Banned (ABWS)

ewww PRK. sorry but for me, its laser or nothing. i've also been thinking of getting the surgery done but didnt know about that night vision thing and im kinda not liking the idea anymore..
Teh Doucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:57 AM   #13
resident Oil Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Doucher View Post
ewww PRK. sorry but for me, its laser or nothing. i've also been thinking of getting the surgery done but didnt know about that night vision thing and im kinda not liking the idea anymore..
You mean "LASIK or nothing?"
Old 08-15-2012, 06:13 AM   #14
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
I have 2 friends who had this done. One has no complaints that I know of.. the other is having some issues with dry eyes, and other things. They told him he was a somewhat extreme case though, so keep that in mind.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #15
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I have 2 friends who had this done. One has no complaints that I know of.. the other is having some issues with dry eyes, and other things. They told him he was a somewhat extreme case though, so keep that in mind.
Funny... I also know a few people that have done it... probably 5 or so and 1 has an extreme case of dry eyes, 1 that has to go for a "touch up" surgery, and no complaints from others.

Bottom line is, it is a surgery and there is risk involved. You only have one set of eyes so make sure you consider the risk/rewards carefully.

When I was researching it a bit, I remember reading that complication rate was around 5%, with 1% being extreme cases. Too much for my risk adverse self...
the_law82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #16
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

I did PRK at London a year and a half ago. It worked out amazingly well for me and i am very happy to have done it. I have a friend that went shortly after though and she is having dry eye issues, although she had problems with dry eye prior to the surgery as well.

I will tell you one thing though, PRK is quite painful during the healing process. I basically stayed in bed for about 30 hours straight, just getting up to eat and go to the washroom. I personally went with it though because i did not want any kind of cutting done to my eye.
silva95teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:15 PM   #17
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

PRK was a snap for me. No pain. It is the best version to get if you are active (boxing, diving etc). Lasik is the one where they physically cut the eye then laser it. PRK involves no cutting but takes longer for the final result to come through. I dive, I box, PRK was the only option. It is also the only laser eye surgery that military pilots are allowed to get. Lasik is not allowed.
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #18
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Did it something like 8 years ago. Best thing ever. Some downsides. When I get fatigued from staying up too late, or staring at screens/books too long, I sometimes get double vision. Also, at night time, my vision isn't as good because of bright lights from headlights and I can't make out as much detail. But the impairment isn't enough to warrant me getting glasses for night driving.

Any regrets? None at all. It's an awesome feeling waking up in the morning and being able to see everything around you.
Majestic12 is offline   Reply With Quote