REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 07-17-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Chinese food near Pacific Centre

So I've been working in the Scotiatower building (Georgia & Seymour) for four months now, and I seriously need to find some good chinese food for lunch. Basically anything within 15 min walking of pacific centre.. is there any dim sum around there??? I know there is Chinatown but I'm wondering is there anything closer to the downtown core.. I know theres those two crap fast food joints in PC and International village on hornby.. I even went all the way to Royal Centre to Victoria dimsum even though I knew it sucks.. from what i've seen just walking around during lunch hours around the area there isn't anything good.. anyone tried that taiwanese beef noodle place beside Dae Ji on Pender??
Advertisement
bbbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #2
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

su hangs on granville.
zx7rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:38 PM   #3
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

What type of chinese food you looking for? Cheap cafe style? Dim sum? Noodles/rice/congee? White chinese food?
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #4
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
What type of chinese food you looking for? Cheap cafe style? Dim sum? Noodles/rice/congee? White chinese food?
If you have the knowledge of all the types you just listed, please do tell (not particularly White Chinese food, but it may appeal to the OP).

Not to hijack OP's question, but does anyone know of any Mainland style food restaurants in Downtown? I've taken a liking to their cuisine after going to Nine Dishes (even though it was mainly Sichuan cuisine).
dasani604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #5
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Kirin's on alberni

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:16 AM   #6
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Victoria at the basement of Royal Bank building?
Imperial at the Marine Building?
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:58 AM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Cafe Joyeux is pretty good.
Joyeaux-cafe-restaurant.com - Home

They serve mainly Vietnamese food though.
Spoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #8
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
Any kind of chinese food except white chinese food.. I searched urbanspoon and supposedly theres a shanghai place opening on richards soon... lol
bbbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:44 AM   #9
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbj View Post
So I've been working in the Scotiatower building (Georgia & Seymour) for four months now, and I seriously need to find some good chinese food for lunch. Basically anything within 15 min walking of pacific centre.. is there any dim sum around there??? I know there is Chinatown but I'm wondering is there anything closer to the downtown core.. I know theres those two crap fast food joints in PC and International village on hornby.. I even went all the way to Royal Centre to Victoria dimsum even though I knew it sucks.. from what i've seen just walking around during lunch hours around the area there isn't anything good.. anyone tried that taiwanese beef noodle place beside Dae Ji on Pender??

........kimchi fried rice + chicken cutlets

and dae ji is on dunsmir not pender
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote