REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #76
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

DP = bunch of low life assholes.

I haven't received a single parking ticket in years (none from DP, none from Impark)

I suddenly get a fucking collection letter from Wiggins saying I owe them ~$700 with a list of all my "tickets", with no info telling me which lot I was parked at. Funny thing is my plate number isn't mentioned in the letter at all.

Oh ya, never gotten any "validation notice sent upon assignment, follow up collection letters, various numbers of phone calls" as well.
Advertisement

Last edited by davidw1234; 09-04-2012 at 04:00 PM.
davidw1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #77
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
A bit off topic...

I posted this in another thread but my friend almost got ticketed by a city parking enforcement officer when the meter still had time on it. Basically my friend was walking back to his car, he sees the officer writing a ticket, points out he has plenty of time on the meter so my friend proceeds to snap a picture of the meter and the remaining time and a picture of the guy giving him a ticket. When my friend confronted the enforcement officer, the officer quickly walked back in his car and sped off.

My friend wrote a letter to the city with pictures and plate number of the city enforcement officers car and he's now awaiting a response.
Your friend made a giant assumption that Mr. Meter maid was writing a ticket for his car.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:40 AM   #78
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Thanked 1,399 Times in 371 Posts
AW607, will you be able to show up in MCdonald on Sweden way on 11:00 next tuesday? The CBC reporter will be there.
Like you said, DPS did a unfair ticket to you. You need to debate with DPS. I will be there on next Tuesday for sure.
asr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:11 AM   #79
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr View Post
AW607, will you be able to show up in MCdonald on Sweden way on 11:00 next tuesday? The CBC reporter will be there.
Like you said, DPS did a unfair ticket to you. You need to debate with DPS. I will be there on next Tuesday for sure.
I emailed CBC and they respond very fast, here is the email they sent me.

"Bart:

It's Mike Clarke with CBC. I'll be taking a camera out to Richmond Tuesday where I'm hoping to interview Ying around 11am. We already have people with documentation and are just looking for others with testimonials willing to go on camera to bolster what we already have.

Could you let me know your availability Tuesday? And thank you.

Mike Clarke
CBC News
Reporter
Vancouver, BC
604-662-6900 mike.clarke@cbc.ca
CBC British Columbia
Cel: 778-822-2871"

Group meet there to tell DPS stories ,maybe DPS will ticket all of you for being in mcdonalds also LOLOLOL

davidw1234 > you gotta email cbc! That is absolutely ridiculous.
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #80
Rs has made me the man i am today!

RS meet at McDonald's? Should do it at night time when night market is open! U will all get ticketed!
optiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:20 AM   #81
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
I'd like to come too! Been shafted a few times by them and impark.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:06 PM   #82
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,283 Times in 196 Posts
Haha damnit ASR, CBC's contacted me twice about this and now they want to interview me on national television
AW607 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-31-2012, 12:14 PM   #83
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,188 Times in 2,411 Posts
Does ASR know somebody at the CBC or something? How'd he get such a response from them?
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:45 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiblue View Post
RS meet at McDonald's? Should do it at night time when night market is open! U will all get ticketed!
They are meeting ASR at mcdonalds 11am. I told them I cant make that since im a 9-5er, and they said it would probably not work out then for me to do my DPS story.

If you guys actually interested in a meet we should make a sign up e.g.

1) ASR (DPS story)
2) z3german (dps story)
3) etc (no story just for meet)
4) etc (story)

and then CBC can see the sign up sheet and how many stories there are so it would entice them to come for a night meet or something. Would be fun!
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:56 PM   #85

Alright I'm doing it

We should totally have a meet there if people can make it. They're aiming for 11am tuesday
Old 08-31-2012, 01:16 PM   #86
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Does ASR know somebody at the CBC or something? How'd he get such a response from them?
I got a ticket on last boxing day by DPS through mail. Actually, I didn't go that place in my life at all. Only me drove my gc8 before.
That's it. I didn't pay the ticket, DPS void it without any apologization. WTF
Old 08-31-2012, 02:11 PM   #87
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
Lol sorry not trying to be a dick because I know english isn't your first language. Apologization made me chuckle pretty hard. I like the idea of an anti DPS meet. I think the majority of us have had a run in with them. I live in kits and went to safeway to grab some chicken for a bbq during the fireworks, yet they wouldn't allow me to park in safeway customer parking. They said I had to "pay to watch the fireworks" I told them that this is clearly a safeway customer lot, and says that a 1 hour limit is available for shoppers. They basically told me to pay or they would tow me. I parked on the street with my kits parking pass. Fucking assholes.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:49 PM   #88
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 6,552 Times in 1,155 Posts
tempted...to bring..cat
artofstance on twitter
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
--------------------------------------------
2018 Volkswagen Golf R
1999 Mazda Miata *sold*
2005 Mazda 3 *sold*
2002 Volvo S40 *RIP*
1989 Volvo 740 *RIP*
Matsuda is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #89
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

If I have time maybe I will drop by. I think I still have some DPS tickets...
Old 08-31-2012, 06:10 PM   #90
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
may show up

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:54 PM   #91
10psi aint enough...

I am liking this anti dps gathering. Best of luck guys, hope things get settled.

Keep us posted.
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:22 PM   #92

Thanked 1,419 Times in 255 Posts
Even though I got my ticket voided by DPS through email, i may be showing up to this anti-dps gathering.
j.f0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2012, 01:20 AM   #93
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

This is my bad experience before long weekend with DPS.
http://www.revscene.net/forums/67315...ml#post8018098
Old 09-01-2012, 02:26 AM   #94
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Diamond Parking Scam

SATURDAY, MARCH 19, 2011
What to do if they Ticket you?
Here is a guideline as to what to do if you are ticketed by this questionable company:

Do not under any uncertain terms pay the ticket. How do they know some prankster didn't remove it - in other words show that the owner of the said vehicle received the said ticket.
Do not contact them by phone, or email (They've been know to sell private info) or give them any personal information about you whatsoever. Write them a letter, being as matter fact as possible, asking them to physically prove the violation (photo proof or parking receipt), and don't be cutesy in your letter. The people taking the calls are running off a script, and don't give a rats ass about what you say. Send the letter by Registered Letter to their Canadian HQ or Certified letter to their Seattle HQ if you live in the USA. For example, if you are at a medical office, if they call the office to verify, the medical office has no right whatsoever to disclose any information without your written consent - doing otherwise could lead them amok with privacy laws and the College of Physicians, and similar rules apply to lawyers (solicitor client privilege).
If they respond to your request, ask them to prove that you were not at the said place of business some time later - some people arrive early for appointments and go across the street for a coffee. Complain to the manager of the business, and tell them that going forward you refuse to patronize their store if they continue to contract out Diamond Parking, and send a complaint letter to the head office of the company (Some companies actually take this seriously - Safeway and Staples Business Depot for example) - and also complain to the property management company. Once again, give Diamond Parking as little personal information as possible.
Wait for the collection letter to arrive - usually it has no return address. Do not pay it. Reply to the collection agency stating "The charges that you are billing me for are unauthorized and fraudulent, therefore I am under no uncertain terms going to pay. You may only contact me by mail at this given address, and I further propose that if you wish to further pursue this matter, you must do so in a court of competent jurisdiction". Also, in jurisdictions where collection agencies are less regulated where they call you in the middle of the night - and most of the time as a blocked call, set your phone not to accept blocked calls (They will be given a recording "This Number does not accept blocked calls. If you wish to contact this party, you must press *82 before the number".
If they further reply, and demand additional fees, check with your local authorities on the legalities, or ask a lawyer. Complain to the consumer protection authorities in your province/state. In Canada, you may also ask the RCMP to pursue charges of criminal interest rate.
Wait for a couple of months to elapse. Check your credit report, and in all States and Provinces you have the right to make corrections and remove erroneous information. When a dispute is opened, the said item cannot be held against you, and it is dropped from your credit score. You simply have to say "The charges were fraudulent, unauthorized, and were the result of deceptive business practices". The respondent can elect not to respond, or may respond, but you can still put a statement of explanation on your file. A small amount is unlikely to have much of an effect on your credit rating, and if you have an explanation, many credit grantors will usually be quite reasonable about it.
What they can do: the answer is not much. They can however put your plate number on a watch list and tow away your vehicle if they see it again on one of their lots. However, I have never heard of this happening - it would be tedious to go manually inputting hundreds of plate numbers, and unless you commit another infraction on the same lot, nothing is going to happen. To be absolutely certain, go to your DMV, and request a new plate - the fees for replacing lost, stolen, or damaged plates varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but it is far, far less than the ticket. In the USA, they use the Denver boot in some places, and extort you unless you pay it. In Canada, individuals can purchase the devices, but only licensed individuals can install them on the vehicle of another (Police, Municipal Bylaw, Campus Security).
If your vehicle is towed: Report your vehicle as stolen. When you find out where the impound lot is, do not pay cash, pay by credit card only. When you get your vehicle back, call your credit card issuer within 1 or 2 days. State that the charges to your credit card were unauthorized and fraudulent. They will have a chargeback on their hands - and even though they can do something about it, likely it's not worth the trouble for them getting you on a misdemeanor, rather they will try the collection agency. And to protect your ass, have your lawyer (attorney) send a legal letter to the towing company and the parking company, and demand that they prove they did not tow away your vehicle - in many cases say you went for coffee before an appointment, and then came out of your appointment where you legitimately parked, the judge will likely rule in your favour - there are several legal cases of this nature that have ruled in favour. It is not too difficult to prove that they are being unreasonable under the circumstances.
zx7rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #95
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Funny, just today I saw a guy at pricesmart in richmond get a ticket from DPS. But he deserved it though. He did leave the lot lol.

Just a heads up, they monitor there as well.
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2012, 01:18 AM   #96
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
meet to fight off teh scumbag dps parking?
im so down

as for impark, they are pretty good about these things, worst case is I donate a $5 toy to their toy drive and they waive the ticket

usually happens around xmas
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #97
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,188 Times in 2,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
Funny, just today I saw a guy at pricesmart in richmond get a ticket from DPS. But he deserved it though. He did leave the lot lol.

Just a heads up, they monitor there as well.
Thanks, I sometimes go over to Banzai Sushi from the Pricesmart lot.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #98

Interview's done, they moved to that lot on Alexandra where ASR got ticketed last week. Everything turned out okay, not really looking forward to seeing myself on TV though haha
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #99
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

^+1, lol
Old 09-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #100
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
when is it gonna air?