REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Diamond Parking Rage (https://www.revscene.net/forums/672953-diamond-parking-rage.html)

AW607 08-27-2012 06:28 PM

Diamond Parking Rage

I know there's another thread about the collections agency, but I'm just going to leave this here.

Just after the Summer Meet, myself and three others parked and went to eat at the McDonald's on Bridgeport/Sweden Way. This is smack dab in the middle of the Nightmarket time but we didn't worry. We came to eat at around 9:45 to eat, and we left at around 10:30, and lo and behold, when we went back, all four of us got tickets, and we were ticketed at 10:14. I just thought to myself that I could just e-mail them and tell them that it was just a misunderstanding, and they'll void it in no time... It just started to get more and more excruciating further on.

Quote:

> Sent: August 22, 2012 3:41 PM
> To: Questions
> Subject: Parking Notice: PA190330
>
> To whom it may concern,
>
> I have an appeal regarding a parking notice issued to me on 18 August 2012 at 2760-2780 Sweden Way (Lot #4243), outside of the McDonald's.
>
> I have been wrongfully ticketed by your officer (#356) that evening and cited for leaving the parking facility without the vehicle, or walking off the lot. I would like to inform you that I have not walked off the lot and in fact have been eating at the McDonald's where we parked at. We entered the restaurant at around 9:45PM and left at around 10:25PM; we have been ticketed at 10:14. I have the receipt of this transaction as proof we were at this restaurant, and request that this ticket be voided.
> Subject: RE: Parking Notice: PA190330
> Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 18:41:43 +0000
>
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your email. If you could please reply back to me with an attatched copy of a reciept showing that you were at McDonalds at the time the ticket was issued i would be more than happy to help you further.
>
> Regards,
>
>
> DIAMOND PARKING
> APPEALS DEPARTMENT
> PO BOX 55537 SURREY BC V3R 0J7
> FAX: 604-684-0329
Sent: August 23, 2012 7:42 PM
To: Questions
Subject: RE: Parking Notice: PA190330

As requested.

Hi,

Thank you for your email. Please be advised the violation was issued at 10:14pm as the patroller witnessed the vehicle occupant(s) were seen walking off the property.

The receipt you have provided is 27 mins before the violation ticket was issued

Please note that the signage on the lot clearly states that parking is strictly reserved for customers on the signage. The Customer parking sections are not to be used as free public parking. As a result of the abuse of the parking lot by those who make use of the Night Market they have had to provide parking enforcement by contracting Diamond parking for this task. Furthermore, there are many signs posted throughout this property that indicate exceeded time limit or leaving the property to complete business elsewhere is a violation. Your vehicle is subject to ticketing and/or towing. With or without a receipt, the violation notice is valid.

Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel the violation notice. However, we will reduce the amount of the fine to $25.00 if you pay within TEN days from todays date. Past this date, your notice will remain due and plus administration fees. Please remit payment as soon as possible to avoid any further fees.

Regards,

DIAMOND PARKING
APPEALS DEPARTMENT
PO BOX 55537 SURREY BC V3R 0J7
FAX: 604-684-0329
Sent: August 24, 2012 2:43 PM
To: Questions

I understand the signage states the lot is for customers of McDonald's, Future Shop, etc, and I was indeed a McDonald's customer. I entered the restaurant to have something to eat at around 9:45, and did not leave until around 10:25. I remembered the signage stated there was a two hour time limit. I did not realize I myself had a 45 minute time limit to sit down and eat as a McDonald's patron, and your patroller may have made a lapse in their judgment as to who the occupant of the vehicle actually was.

I understand that your patrollers often get confused who actually is a customer of the restaurant and who is simply walking to the Night Market, but clearly they have made a mistake and as a result, I have to pay for their lapse in judgment. I ask that you review this ticket again as I refuse to pay this fine, for I have done nothing to warrant a parking ticket on my vehicle.

Hi,

Thank you for the email. Please be advised that this lot has strict rules according to "walk offs". As a courtesy I have reduced your violation to $25.00 if paid within 10 days. This is a final offer.

Regards,

Carleen Dobie
Parking Services Canada
Fax: 604-581-8573
Phone: 604-681-8797
1-888-587-1111
Sent: August 27, 2012 12:28 PM
To: Carleen Dobie

Hi Carleen,

Does this patroller have any physical proof I walked off the lot? Was a receipt with an eat-in total and proof of purchase not enough as proof that I was a McDonald's patron? I mean this with the utmost respect, but I still refuse to pay this ticket. This will be my final message.

Thank you for your email. Like i previously stated, with the time stamped on your reciept, aswell as the visual confirmation from the patroler, this violation is valid. I did offer you a courtesy reduction of $25.00. your violation will remain at this rate until the 10th day offerd.

Regards,

Carleen Dobie
Parking Services Canada
Fax: 604-581-8573
Phone: 604-681-8797
1-888-587-1111
http://i49.tinypic.com/28p8bn.png

Towards the end, it felt like I was talking to a 17 year old; I guess it was nice that they reduced it to $25 but it's still absurd that they ticketed me for being a customer.. They expect me to pay them :fuckthatshit: We walked around and saw that almost every other car was ticketed. It's my first ticket from these guys and now I can see why everyone hates them.

Anybody else have any similar experiences with these morons?

Energy 08-27-2012 06:32 PM

Just ignore it. I received mail from metro parking today asking me to pay a ticket and I'm like :fuckthatshit:

Even if they send it to collections and they call I'll just use iBlacklist until they give up. They're also never going to take you to court so don't worry about it. And it won't affect your credit either.

vafanculo 08-27-2012 06:39 PM

Ya, they can't do shit. Just becareful though when parking in their patrolled lots in the future. If you don't pay, they will tow you.

I'd email back the rep, tell her to stuff her $25 discount, and that you would gladly pay $18 to change your plates instead.

bluejays 08-27-2012 06:40 PM

Yeah diamond parking has always been a joke, I have a parking pass at sfu surrey and they would always give me a ticket for leaving the premises, after I had class at surrey I would go to the burnaby campus. I phoned them for every ticket and told them to basically fuck off, they ended up sending me letters saying they would take me to court and what not. Eventually they gave up and life went on.

AW607 08-27-2012 06:45 PM

I just expected them to be a bit more compliant, but all I got was outright stubbornness. Funny enough I was sitting somewhere where I could see my car, but I never actually saw anybody approach my car to issue a ticket.. they're like little gremlins. I swear if I did, I would've ran out there and punched them in the back of the head :rukidding:

bluejays 08-27-2012 06:48 PM

Getting a ticket 27 minutes after you bought food is pretty ridiculous, but it's diamond after all. Don't worry about the ticket and don't pay it, they won't do anything

Santofu 08-27-2012 06:50 PM

Is that means that AW607 won't go back to Mcdonalds Bridgeport anymore?
Unless he change the plate.

Energy 08-27-2012 06:51 PM

The only thing you need to be worried about is getting towed but an easy plate change solves that.

Bahhbeehhaaaa 08-27-2012 06:54 PM

Are there anyways to tell if the parking lot is patrolled by a diamond parking officer? If i can tell, I'll never enter the lot

nabs 08-27-2012 06:55 PM

that it such bullshit. i would honestly take it to court because you have sufficient evidence. just to waste their time and humiliate them.

i hate diamond parking, fucking assholes.

vafanculo 08-27-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahhbeehhaaaa (Post 8014366)
Are there anyways to tell if the parking lot is patrolled by a diamond parking officer? If i can tell, I'll never enter the lot

Ya.. Most lots have signs when you enter stating who patrols.

AW607 08-27-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahhbeehhaaaa (Post 8014366)

There's just signs that the lot's being patrolled by Diamond. The whereabouts of the actual patroller is yet to be discovered. Me and my friends waited for a bit afterward and see if they would come out of the bushes or something :suspicious:

I'll keep this receipt with me, maybe I'll actually need it.. If they do decide to take me to court over $67.

1exotic 08-27-2012 07:03 PM

Well I got some mail from "Canadian Credit Corporation" from I think Diamond parking unpaid ticket which was bullshit and just ignored it, is that legit collections or will they actually not do anything?

Energy 08-27-2012 07:03 PM

^^ Trust me they won't take you to court for that. You can look at past cases at canlii.org and there is not one case involving unpaid parking tickets from private companies.

Burn the ticket if you want.

Bahhbeehhaaaa 08-27-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AW607 (Post 8014373)
There's just signs that the lot's being patrolled by Diamond. The whereabouts of the actual patroller is yet to be discovered. Me and my friends waited for a bit afterward and see if they would come out of the bushes or something :suspicious:

I'll keep this receipt with me, maybe I'll actually need it.. If they do decide to take me to court over $67.

Good luck on your case!
I got ticked near kingsway and 41st, the lot that's behind RBC. I went inside Binos to eat and came out with a ticket on my wind shield =/ tried to fight it and end up paying $106.. =/:okay:

Matsuda 08-27-2012 07:33 PM

My cat is available for services regarding your ticket. He's an expert with dealing with diamond parking

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...40808578_n.jpg

GLOW 08-27-2012 07:40 PM

does McD have any say with Diamond parking? can you walk in to McD's and rage on him for having patrons ticketed or would they just say they have no control over it and are just renters of the building?

mb_ 08-27-2012 07:41 PM

We should gather everyone's tickets from Diamond, Impark, etc. and have a bonfire

Splmash 08-27-2012 07:42 PM

They can't legally tow you unless you violate their rules again. You can by all means go eat at the McDonald's and park in their lot. Just don't let them "see" you walk off the lot "again."

Also, tell them to shove their sign up their ass.

AW607 08-27-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOW (Post 8014411)
does McD have any say with Diamond parking? can you walk in to McD's and rage on him for having patrons ticketed or would they just say they have no control over it and are just renters of the building?

They have a large sign plastered on the wall saying they don't take responsibility over any tickets issued. They tried their best to cooperate with me, like re-printing a receipt for me, but they don't necessarily vouch for you

firebird79_00 08-27-2012 07:49 PM

RS group call diamond?

ive had a couple for similiar bullshit, was at the wendys at Cambie/Broadway and got a ticket 5 minutes after i had bought food. Ate in there, threw my garbage out and i had a fucken ticket. Guy was there writing tickets for others too, and i explained the situation and he said too bad. Ended up just swapping out my plates for $18 instead of paying a $75 ticket.

Honestly, who keeps every god damn reciept they get. Majority of mine go in the garbage so it doesnt end up in the back of my car.

nack 08-27-2012 07:49 PM

park there again and wait for the dps guy

BigTrollFace 08-27-2012 08:06 PM

i got a $80 ticket for stopping at a dps lot in burnaby to answer a phone call.

I told the guy I am stopping to answer my phone and will be gone shortly, he wrote me a ticket anyways.

MY ENGINE WASNT EVEN STOPPED!!! And I wasnt even parked properly.

I have like 25+ dps tickets and they do shit lol

Gh0stRider 08-27-2012 08:29 PM

patrollers usually sit in their own vehicle and watch the lot for violators.

they dont wear uniforms or have any signage on the car so you can't tell them apart. just looking for someone sitting in the car or walking around the lot.

SpeedStars 08-27-2012 08:32 PM

Just get one of these, can't ticket you without seeing your plates :fullofwin: