REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:16 PM   #726
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Crazy finish! wow

Some of Flynn's throws were so great.
Wat?.....You mean Matt Ryan?....
Advertisement
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:05 AM   #727
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Woot. Won my fantasy as well. Thanks to San Fran defence last minute pick six. Other guy had 0 production from Vernon Davis. Feels good.

The trick to not give up on players you pick.I see it backfire with a lot of guys. TE are the hardest to find get either of the G's if you can with your first pick gronk.Gonzalez.Graham. followed by RB,s. Look out for injury prone players and players on bad team offence. Experience is the key to learning fantasy.
Posted via RS Mobile
dinamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:49 AM   #728

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamix View Post
Woot. Won my fantasy as well. Thanks to San Fran defence last minute pick six. Other guy had 0 production from Vernon Davis. Feels good.

The trick to not give up on players you pick.I see it backfire with a lot of guys. TE are the hardest to find get either of the G's if you can with your first pick gronk.Gonzalez.Graham. followed by RB,s. Look out for injury prone players and players on bad team offence. Experience is the key to learning fantasy.
Posted via RS Mobile
Anyone who picked Gronk or Gonzalez with their first pick is absolutely retarded....I'm guessing you were playing with a bunch of idiots.....

Anyway, your early drafting doesn't make or break you.....It's your mid to late drafting, along with having the balls to trade guys to cut your losses.....You said 'the trick is to not give up on players you pick'.....right, tell that to guys who drafted Doug Martin, CJ Spiller, Ray Rice, and Trent Richardson in the first round.....tell that to the guys who drafted Ridley, SJax, and David Wilson in the 2nd round.....

I drafted Spiller with my first pick...after a few shit weeks, tried to cut my losses by trading him and Dez for Vick, Trent Richardson (as soon as he got traded, as I thought he might have just needed a change of scenery), and Victor Cruz.....

....That trade ended up biting me in the ass, but I quickly flipped Cruz for V-Jax (while he was still mediocre), Roddy, and Amendola (while they were both still hurt)....I thought at least one of them has to pan out to be as good as Cruz eventually, and anything more would be a bonus....V-Jax ended up being a stud.

I traded T-Rich during his bye week with the Colts for Keenan Allen and Heyward-Bey....Convinced my trade partner that T-Rich quite possibly just needs the bye week to get familiar with the Colts playbook....Keenan Allen and Heyward-Bey were just coming off their first big games, so they were really hit or miss as to whether they'd be able to keep it up, but again, I decided it was a low risk trade (as I didn't believe in Trent anymore) and a high reward trade (as at least one of Keenan or Heyward-Bey could really end up panning out).....Keenan Allen ended up being a stud.

I made a shitload more trades, including Gio + Julius for LeSean McCoy, Keenan Allen + SJax + Jordan Cameron for DeSean Jackson, to better my team...

Picked up Zac Stacy as soon as I heard hints that he'd get a shot at starting...have to try to grab guys before they go off, or you're stuck behind waiver priority...

My first two picks in the draft were Spiller and SJax, and Gio was my other running back I drafted.....Pretty shitty, but my running backs at the end of the season ended up being LeSean McCoy and Zac Stacy.....My WR's that I drafted early were Cobb and Amendola....Cobb got hurt eventually and Amendola went down fairly quickly.....Luckily, I drafted well later in the draft and took Josh Gordon in the 7th round and Alshon Jeffery in the 11th round...

TL;DR? Fantasy Football is dope.

Last edited by bballguy; 12-24-2013 at 01:14 AM.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:26 AM   #729
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Wat?.....You mean Matt Ryan?....
Wat? Obviously
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #730

Bet $2 to win $80

The Chiefs odds are interesting because they are assuming they are going to sit the starters 100%. Even if they do, it's still not a given that the Charger (who earlier this season lost to the Redskins and Raiders) will win. It is possible that Reid will play just enough starters to win the game.. We'll see!
Old 12-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #731

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
The Chiefs odds are interesting because they are assuming they are going to sit the starters 100%. Even if they do, it's still not a given that the Charger (who earlier this season lost to the Redskins and Raiders) will win. It is possible that Reid will play just enough starters to win the game.. We'll see!
I think he'll play them enough to try to ensure a win....momentum is key going into playoffs...
Old 12-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #732

Yeah but so is health

Ravens benched their starters after the first quarter last year against the Bengals and things turned out OK for them
Old 12-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #733

Fuck Flacco
Old 12-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #734
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

buhbye ravens.
zx7rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #735
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Dangggg Bengals
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #736

Lol Falcons
Old 12-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #737

Seahawks secondary is their offense
Old 12-30-2013, 05:32 AM   #738

As a Canucks fan I am used to being disappointed... But to win the Superbowl one year and not be in the playoffs the next, is pretty crazy!

It has been a rough season to follow this team... Almost no offensive production at all. I can only think of ONE game (against the Texans.. week 2?) that they looked "good". Everything else was just crazy... still made for some exciting games, but doesn't really give you hope for a playoff run (or appearance for that matter)

Anyway I'll be with my #2 team the Seahawks, and on top of that cheering for ANYONE who is playing against the Broncos, Patriots, or 49ers. Fuck those teams.

GO SEAHAWKS!
Old 12-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #739
Need to Seek Professional Help

Hard to compare NHL and NFL since only 12 total teams make the playoffs instead of 16. Least the Ravens were in it till the very last day. I'm glad my team made it. Go Pack go!
Posted via RS Mobile
Simulated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:05 PM   #740

Alex smith choke
Posted via RS Mobile
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #741
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

That was one of the best games ive ever watched. That was awesome
Posted via RS Mobile
Domed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:37 PM   #742

That was a crazy game, it really sucked to see all those Chiefs players go down like that.

Eagles game was a bit dull, but that's probably only in comparison. I can't believe Brees pulled it out after those shitty passes and interceptions.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:02 PM   #743

These are pretty great

This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2014, 11:05 PM   #744

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx7rrrr View Post
Alex smith choke
Posted via RS Mobile
Not really.....defense choked....
Old 01-04-2014, 11:52 PM   #745

Quote:
Not really.....defense choked....
Cant blame the defense entirely . TY hilton and Luck were on fire. Chiefs missimg flowers. Cant trust alex smith in late game clutch situations. This is coming from a niners fan.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:34 AM   #746

Luck was on fire sometimes, and when that fluke fumble recovery for a TD happened, you just knew everything was going to go their way.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:15 AM   #747

Quote:
Cant blame the defense entirely . TY hilton and Luck were on fire. Chiefs missimg flowers. Cant trust alex smith in late game clutch situations. This is coming from a niners fan.
I don't blame them entirely, but when I think of the term 'choke', I think of someone messing up down the stretch.....Thus, I think of this, which is just inexcusable:

Alex Smith did far more than anyone could have ever expected in this game - I don't think you can blame him at all for anything....I mean who would have ever thought the Chiefs could put up 44 points without Jamaal Charles...
Old 01-05-2014, 10:55 AM   #748

Quote:
I don't blame them entirely, but when I think of the term 'choke', I think of someone messing up down the stretch.....Thus, I think of this, which is just inexcusable:

Colts Game Winning Touchdown in 2014 Wildcard Game - YouTube

Alex Smith did far more than anyone could have ever expected in this game - I don't think you can blame him at all for anything....I mean who would have ever thought the Chiefs could put up 44 points without Jamaal Charles...
Stats are just stats .the only real stat that counts is on theb scoreboard.alex smith had a chance to give them field position for field goal and he didn't.great qb's can deliver on game-winninv drives . just ask Brady,big Ben ,Manning's and brees.timing is everything
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-05-2014, 12:10 PM   #749

Quote:
Stats are just stats .the only real stat that counts is on theb scoreboard.alex smith had a chance to give them field position for field goal and he didn't.great qb's can deliver on game-winninv drives . just ask Brady,big Ben ,Manning's and brees.timing is everything
Posted via RS Mobile
You're comparing Alex Smith to greats....Alex Smith is NOT great.....However, he did FAR MORE than what was expected of him yesterday...Chiefs D did not.

Anyway, I called it from the beginning - Bengals are pretenders. So inconsistent, were never a real threat to make it far in the playoffs despite most experts picking them to make it to the AFC championship.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #750
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Dalton with a playoff Romo like performance, what a disaster
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote