REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-29-2019, 12:23 AM   #1976
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts

Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 04:50 PM   #1977

I can finally breathe after 3 hours

Super Bowl preview? I don't think my heart could take it. 49ers are as good as everyone says, and adjusted both their offense and defense well.

Closer than it should have been maybe, with two absolute bullshit calls going 49ers way, one giving them a 4th conversion, the other cancelling our 3rd conversion (and the refs have been totally fair pretty much the entire season in the games I've watched, so this isn't something I often bring up).

Edit: And the Patriots lose! What a day!
Old 12-02-2019, 07:37 PM   #1978

This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2019, 10:03 AM   #1979
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Gives me PTSD..........

Actually had a lot of fun going to this game with my son, the Seahawks fans were actually really great and friendly. I met a bunch of Vikings fans from Minny as well, I bet 20% of the stadium was Vikes fans which was more than I was expecting.

Results wise not to my liking, Vikings defense played like ass which has been the same way they've been playing for a while now. The D used to be their strength now it's the elephant in the room. Cousins was suspect now he's putting up 30+ every game, not sure what more they can ask from him.

Overall good time, parking is expensive probably better off staying at a hotel and ubering the parking will be half your hotel bill for the night.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 03:46 PM   #1980

Yeah I was surprised by how many Vikings fans I saw on TV! Impressive!

It was an amazing game, too bad it didn't go your way as a Viks fan. Cousins has proven to be a good signing for them after all (earlier in the thread we were both VERY doubtful!) but somehow their D has gotten weaker. Especially Rhodes, what's going on with him?

Apparently Cook will be back, so that's good at least

Vikings will probably finish 11-5 or 12-4 with an easy schedule, but unfortunately the fudge packers have an easy one as well. Good luck!
Old 12-08-2019, 03:43 PM   #1981
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,897 Posts
Good job KC !!

Barn burner in New Orleans ... SF really learning how to play in the clutch. They looked tentative against Seahawks a few weeks ago but it looks like they are maturing at the right time.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 04:52 PM   #1982
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
The Pats offence, especially Brady, played awful!

Interception, dropped passes. The list goes on and on.

the Chief's defence stepped up big time to match their potent offence.

Mahomes played really well.

I gotta say though the refs missed some calls on penalties that favoured KC.

There's no way that N'Keal Harry stepped out of bounds on the 3 yard line!
That was a TD pass! There is no way that is a non-TD call!

Belichick used up his coaching challenge earlier in the game. Otherwise, he would have sure challenged that non-call on pass interference late in the fourth quarter. The refs were horrible!

That being said, hats off to KC for outplaying the Pats on their home field.
Full marks for the win.

On to Cincinnati!

Last edited by pastarocket; 12-08-2019 at 05:56 PM.
pastarocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 06:38 PM   #1983

I actually feel bad for the Patriots players, they have by far the worst fans in all of the NFL. Imagine booing your 10-2 team off the field at halftime? Absolute trash home crowd. We rarely see it, since they rarely lose at home, but when they do the fans turn on them so quick, it's literally disgusting. If I was a Pats fan it would be unbearable. They almost got the win too, despite being outplayed, with all sorts of craziness with blocked punts and trick plays. KC held on in a fun game though.

SF vs NO was just INSANE! I only caught the last quarter, but man I love it when games live up to the hype. I don't get how SF gives up that many points though, but it was just one of those games. Kind of like LAR vs KC last year.

A lot of the time a team will win a big game like this and come out flat next week. Guess we'll see. Not sure who SF is playing next week, and I still haven't watched the Seahawks game so I have to avoid spoilers.

As for Ravens vs Bills, not an exciting game but still a nerve wracking one. I had this game pinned as a loss for most of the season - even during this run. The Bills at home are easily one of the best defenses in the league. Unfortunately for them their offense doesn't live up to it, and the Ravens had one of their old school dominant defensive wins. I heard Allen was getting better, so I don't know if this game was an aberration or not. He looked awful on a lot of passes, wind notwithstanding. Like I said, everyone is talking about Lamar, but the Ravens defense is for real.

Offensive play calling was really weird. They didn't seem to want Lamar to take the ball as much (but when he did, oh boy), and passing was bad since it was so windy. Some weird trick plays that didn't work at all, and when that happens they just look bad

I was almost sure they'd blow this one but the D held up, despite the refs giving them like 60+ yards of BS penalties in the final quarter. Seriously, the most ridiculous calls! I know this is 2 weeks in a row complaining about refs, but I rarely do this and it has been really brutal the last 2 weeks. This time it went both ways, but that final Bills drive was just disgusting.

Hope Andrews is OK

Final play of the game, Marcus Peters seems to be working out pretty well

Thursday Night vs the Jets!
Old 12-09-2019, 02:15 PM   #1984

Really ??!!

Reports: NFL investigating Patriots for filming opponents’ signals
https://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nf...nents-signals/
Old 12-09-2019, 04:00 PM   #1985

Busted again?
Old 12-09-2019, 04:32 PM   #1986

OK Pats fans are the SECOND worst in the league... Eagles fans are booing their team off the field on each of the first two possessions of the game!
Old 12-09-2019, 10:20 PM   #1987

Quote:
OK Pats fans are the SECOND worst in the league... Eagles fans are booing their team off the field on each of the first two possessions of the game!
At least the Eagles won the game.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:31 AM   #1988

Yup impressive comeback, albeit against a very non impressive team lol

There aren't many actually consistently awful teams in the NFL. Pretty much it's just the Dolphins, Bengals (and even they can put up a fight and have lost close ones), Redskins, and Giants. Jets go back and forth between trash and decent, and I guess the Jags are there now as well.

This is kind of why I don't like the argument that a winning team isn't good, based on their schedule aside from these teams (who BTW make up for 5 of the Patriots wins, and 2 of their last 3 games are against these teams, but that's neither here nor there ).. Just about any team can beat any other team. Broncos beat the Texans last week. Except for these actually awful teams, any win is a good win.

I can see why the Patriots are cheating to beat the Bengals, they actually have a chance to win at home. I do hope they get busted and punished hard. Their players don't deserve it, but their owners and fans do.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:39 AM   #1989
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
[QUOTE=whitev70r;8968649]Really ??!!

[B]Reports: NFL investigating Patriots for filming opponents

Nothing surprises me anymore with the Pats. As a Pats fan, I've seen Spygate in 2007, Deflate, and now this incident.

Belichick and his coaching staff are cheaters. Although it puts an asterisk on all of their Superbowl championships, it doesn't take away their rings.

The Pats also have an owner who was caught getting a happy ending at a spa this year. Talk about being busted in more ways than one.
Old 12-10-2019, 03:51 PM   #1990

As more info on this comes out, it is pretty clear that they were doing what they did in 07. Blatantly recording sideline signals.

They have to come down hard on them this time. Maybe suspend Belichick for a year and take a draft pick?

I wonder what this does for Bill's legacy, considered the greatest coach of all time, hands down. But if he's been doing this all along (and he was for a long time before getting caught the first time) it pretty much confirms that a lot of credit has to go to him cheating. Also what else is he doing that he's getting away with?
Old 12-10-2019, 04:21 PM   #1991
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
In the NFL if you ain’t cheatin’, you ain’t tryin’

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:28 PM   #1992
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,775 Times in 1,171 Posts
Saquon screwed me this year. What a bust.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:05 AM   #1993

THIS

FUCKING

CATCH

Old 12-16-2019, 03:58 PM   #1994

Guess it was a matter of time... For those wondering why Seattle didn't make him a super important part of their offense
Old 12-16-2019, 05:24 PM   #1995

History making night in New Orleans. Brees just tied the NFL record for most touchdown passes. He could break it with another 1/2 of football game to go.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:41 PM   #1996
Waxin’ Punks

Ya that selfish prick isn’t giving Kamara the ball and it’s killing me in my pool

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-17-2019, 09:29 AM   #1997

Brees was unreal on Mon Night, he had one incompletion ... one out of 30!

CP/ATT YDS TD INT
29/30 - 307 - 4 - 0
Old 12-17-2019, 11:16 AM   #1998
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status...83977567932416

Guess it was a matter of time... For those wondering why Seattle didn't make him a super important part of their offense
He likes Marijuana and Alcohol a lot more than he likes football, I just hope he squirreled some of that money he made this year away because I believe he'll be hard pressed to get the NFL to reinstate him again anytime soon. At some point he's going to have to get a real job, doubt he's made enough money over the years to last him forever considering the amount of time he's missed through suspension over the years (Unless he lives your average Joe lifestyle and saved most of it which is very unlikely). I was just looking at his salary this year he made about 260K for the seahawks based on his salary and about 760k for the 6 games he played for the Patriots prorated for the games he's played.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa

Last edited by quasi; 12-17-2019 at 11:22 AM.
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 04:43 PM   #1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
He likes Marijuana and Alcohol a lot more than he likes football, I just hope he squirreled some of that money he made this year away because I believe he'll be hard pressed to get the NFL to reinstate him again anytime soon. At some point he's going to have to get a real job, doubt he's made enough money over the years to last him forever considering the amount of time he's missed through suspension over the years (Unless he lives your average Joe lifestyle and saved most of it which is very unlikely). I was just looking at his salary this year he made about 260K for the seahawks based on his salary and about 760k for the 6 games he played for the Patriots prorated for the games he's played.
If you think addicts do what they do because they "like" it, I don't think you know any addicts.

BTW his brother died last month apparently. Pretty obvious way to trigger a relapse.

Feel really bad for the guy, but yeah I don't know if he'll be given yet another chance. If the drug in question is just weed though, they really should just allow it. I think they will after the next CBA.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:29 PM   #2000
Waxin’ Punks

Ya they should. Weed is the opposite of performance enhancing when it comes to sports.

Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by: