REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-03-2016, 06:08 PM   #3026
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
asian XL how big is that? 1/12?
1:6 lol...it's huge
Advertisement
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-03-2016, 09:54 PM   #3027
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman808 View Post
What do you think of the e34 wagon?
It's very well done. I have a real E34 touring (previous DD) and can say the dimensions are spot on. I couldn't believe the detail Otto did with the M Parallel wheels. Even the tiny M decal is decalled on the wheel next to the BMW roundel on each rim!
Really can't go wrong with Ottomobile's models.

Here's my E34 touring as a comparison.

Last edited by chunkster; 09-03-2016 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Added photo
chunkster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2016, 07:43 PM   #3028
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Anyone have a GTS e92 m3 in white? The one that didnt have any decals on it.
JDM88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 11:39 PM   #3029
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

1/18 Otto Mk5 R32 just arrived!

Hi everyone,

I would like to share these pics with you. Just arrived from Otto!

I love hatches and this is one of my favorites (I do have a soft spot for the Mk4 R32) So when Otto announced Mk5 R32, I had to order one.

When I opened the box, I noticed that Otto had used screws to prevent the model from moving during shipping. For me this is a first time seeing Otto do this. I am wondering are they starting to copy GT Spirit their sister company. I hope they will do this more often.

The overall shape of the R32 is bang on. Nice panel lines. The paint is pretty good and deep, with no orange peel. The blue is very rich. The interior is not bad at all. The only gripe I have with Otto models is, why no seat belts? Has anyone every noticed that most Otto models do not have seat belts in their model? And I find the tint for the rear is a bit too dark. I prefer a lighter tint or no tint at all. This is just a personal preference.

I think the quality control for Otto is improving. My model had no excess glue or any imperfections.

Overall a good subject for hatch fans... Let's hope they make a Golf R soon. For the time being waiting patiently for the Focus RS.

William
Happy Collecting.
Pacman808 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2016, 11:48 PM   #3030

1/18 Otto Mobile e46 CSL M3 Alternate version

Hi Everyone,

I would like to share another car from the collection. This one was also part of my order I received from Otto Mobile.

Earlier this year, Otto Mobile released a 1/18 scale version of the e46 CSL M3. Only a limited production of 3000 pieces were produced. This car was immediately sold out on the Otto Mobile site. Otto had received more orders from fans of this car, since the AutoArt and Kyosho versions is very expensive in the secondary market. And at around 60 euros plus shipping, this was a pretty good deal.

So in order to meet demand, Otto decided to produce an alternate version of the e46 CSL with M3 rims, instead of the "actual" CSL rims, and call it a CSL. Otto decided to limit the production run of this alternate version to only 999 pieces. Immediately, fans, purist and collectors started to post on forums saying that this is not a true e46 CSL. Yes, they all do have a point, and I do agree. It's like buying an Armani suit, only to find out that suit is an Armani Exchange suit. Same company, but slightly different.

I am not here to say what Otto did was correct, but what I think is they did their best to try to satisfy customer demands. Some collectors may think that if 3000 is all they produced, then keep it at that number.

Ferrari originally built 349 Enzos, but then decided to build another 50 to meet demands. And they also built a limited alternate version (30) of the Enzo called the FXX. Do you guys think Otto should have not called this model a CSL?

In my humble opinion, I think this alternate version is rather unique. And with only 999 pieces produced, I think it is more of a collector's item. After all BMW would not have given Otto the green light to release this alternate version, if they felt it was not equivalent to the real e46 CSL.

I hope you all enjoy the pics.

Thank you for viewing.

William
Happy Collecting!
This post thanked by:
Old 09-19-2016, 05:52 PM   #3031
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts

Another solid hook up by pacman!

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-19-2016, 06:42 PM   #3032

Anytime bro... RWB...
Old 09-19-2016, 06:47 PM   #3033
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,037 Times in 709 Posts
@Pacman,

Though there is little discussion in this thread recently, I just want to tell you that I really enjoy your posts. Please keep posting your toys!

- Steve
swfk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-20-2016, 07:30 PM   #3034
RS Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfk View Post
@Pacman,

Though there is little discussion in this thread recently, I just want to tell you that I really enjoy your posts. Please keep posting your toys!

- Steve
Me too. I only lurk this thread occasionally, but look forward to seeing what cool stuff he's got.

Pac>>> Do you have a shop? I'd like some new diecasts
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-20-2016, 09:33 PM   #3035
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
AmiAmi [Character & Hobby Shop] | 1/18 Porsche 911 (930) Turbo "Wangan Midnight" Blackbird(Pre-order)

Blackbird anyone?

Old 09-20-2016, 09:59 PM   #3036

Thanks all

Hi everyone.

Thank you for the kind words.

I just want to contribute to our hobby. I enjoy sharing what I know, from model building, how to fix up damages models and diecast, to RC cars, or any car collectable related topics.

I really enjoy reading Thumper's and Tofu's and other members post in this forum.

Thank you,

William
Happy Collecting!
This post thanked by:
Old 09-21-2016, 06:24 AM   #3037
Ye olde moderator

Thanked 1,278 Times in 390 Posts
This is a small part of my old school, hot rod and muscle car collection. I have about another 100 or so stored away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-09-21 07.20.09.jpg (383.3 KB, 0 views)

Sales and Installer at Certified Auto Sound
Maple Ridge, BC
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-21-2016, 07:36 AM   #3038
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Geez, I didn't know you were into collecting car models. I haven't had time to dust off my Hot Wheels collection, let alone take any pics. Some go back to when they first came out nearly 50 years ago. Sadly none are in pristine, in the box, condition.

I do have a collection of Honda Ridgeline Matchbox cars. One of every variation ever produced. More than 15 different. Also have a rare Asphalt Audio Honda Ridgeline and the coveted RC Ridgeline that Honda produced in very limited amounts.

What I really want to do is build something like this.............. damn.

Spoiler!
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 09-21-2016 at 08:02 AM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2016, 08:26 PM   #3039

Kyosho 1/64 diecast cars and Hotwheels

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a nice week.

I'm just wondering, how many guys and gals on this forum collect 1/64?

I just recently received a package from Japan. I had ordered a bunch of Kyosho diecast cars from their 1/64 collection. Does anyone know that Kyosho produces 1/64 scale cars? They are big in Asia. Kyosho sells in them in a series box with a blister pack and base inside - these are only available in Japan. The boxes are labeled with cars from a specific manufacturer and are sealed. The boxes do not label which car in the series you are getting. Sometimes the hard to get cars are sold by a lottery system.

How Kyosho 1/64 diecast are sold in Japan:

You know it is a BMW in this series, but you don't know which car you are going to get until you open the box.

Internationally Kyosho sell these cars with a plastic display case with base. And not all the cars in the collection is available in the international market.

Cars that are available are: Ferrari (there is a story to this), Lamborghini, McLaren, BMW, Audi, Volkswagen, Porsche, Mercedes, Jaguar, Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, Bentley, Subaru, Honda, Nissan, Mazda, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Hummers, GM, Dodge and Ford. As you can see the list is quite extensive.

These cars are pretty detail in terms of scale. All of the cars are diecast metal. The head lights and rear lights are not decals like hotwheels, but are coloured and clear plastic. Speaking of plastic, the thickness of the windshield is not as thick as hotwheels and the clarity is very good. Kyosho's 1/64 scale diecast cars and Tomica's Neo Vintage Series are on par when it comes to details and finish. Unfortunately not a lot of retailers sell these locally, and most of the time you would have to purchase them online.

Hotwheels. You can't really compare the two. Both cars are marketed to two different audiences. One more for kids, and the the other more for the collector. Hotwheels is more fantasy interms of the decals and printed car graphics. Where as Kyosho is scaled realistic. And lastly there is a price difference for the two brands. Hotwheels (1.50 - 8.00), Kyosho ($20.00 - $40.00).

Below are pics of two MK7 Golf R's. One from Hotwheels EuroStyle series with Real Riders and the other Kyosho's diecast collections. Both cars are 1/64 scale. I like both, and I know they were both designed to serve a different purpose.

Please enjoy, I do apologize if the photos are quite good. I am still learing how to take better picture. Comments are welcomed.

Kyosho Golf R

Hotwheels EuroStyle Golf R

Here is Tomica Neo Vintage CRX

Kyosho 1/64 Skyline r35

I will post up more cars from Kyosho collection in the future,

Thank you for viewing

William
Happy Collecting

Last edited by Pacman808; 09-23-2016 at 08:52 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2016, 08:32 PM   #3040

Kyosho and Ferrari

Hi everyone,

Here is another interesting post.

As you all know, Mattel (Hotwheels) no longer have the Ferrari license. They lost the license about two years ago. BTW as of January this year, Mattel (Hotwheels discontinued the Elite line - so hang on to your Ferrari Hotwheels Elite and Super Elite's diecasts. Bburago and Maisto have the Ferrari license now. So where does Kyosho fit into this?

Well, back when Hotwheels had the Ferrari license, they (Hotwheels) had the exclusive rights to produce 1/64 diecast Ferrari cars. In order to produce and sell 1/64 Ferrari's, Kyosho found a loop hole in the license agreement between Ferrari and Hotwheels. This agreement didn't mention anything about model kits. So, Kyosho started to sell 1/64 Ferrari's as model kits in their 1/64 collection. That means, when you bought a Ferrari from the 64th scale Kyosho collection, you would have to assemble the Ferrari itself. Pretty simple and brilliant idea. I think this was a genius move on Kyosho.

Here is a pic of how 1/64 Ferrari's are packaged up for retail.

As a modeller, I really like this idea, because you can actually detail your Ferrari. And this is exactly what I did this weekend. As I assembled my yellow F40 GTE, I started to add detail to make parts of this F40 standout.

Here is a pic of the F40 prior to assembly.

As you can see the main cockpit and engine is molded in one piece. The chassis plate is also molded in one piece. And they look rather boring. The driver seat is molded in red, and the wheels are real rubber tires that easily slip over the rims.

Next, with some modeling paint, I painted parts of the engine bay a flat aluminum finish. I painted the dash board along with the interior door panels a neutral grey colour. And the driver seat, I gave it a black wash to bring out some details, and I painted parts of the seat belt chrome.

In this picture you can see I painted the fire extinguisher red. You can also see more of the engine bay details.

Here is a final assembled picture

I used Tamiya Black panel line accent paint to bring out some of the exterior details. The panel line detail did not go too well. Some of the panel lines were think with paint. As you can see on the engine hatch. This is a work in progress. I am planing to lightly rescribe the panel lines of the car. And I will do another panel wash to bring out the panel details.

Engine bay

Driver seat.

This is still a work in progress, as parts of the exterior need to be cleaned up. I will post better pics of the finished car soon.

Comments are welcomed.

Thank you for viewing.

William
Happy Collecting!

William
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2016, 08:34 PM   #3041

Kyosho and Ferrari

double post

Last edited by Pacman808; 09-25-2016 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:24 AM   #3042
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Would this work?

I've never done it, but I've seen some amazing results at model shows.

Panel Lining for Gunpla 101
http://blog.fromjapan.co.jp/en/anime...nd-paints.html

There are plenty of tutorials on-line, too.

Spoiler!

Like I mentioned. I've never done it. Thanks to your post, I think I'll try it.

BTW, IPMS Vancouver is having their annual show in October. It's held at Bonsar, which is just east of Metrotown Shopping Centre.

Fall Show ? IPMS Vancouver

Pics from last year's show.........

Fall Show Pictures ? IPMS Vancouver
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 09-26-2016 at 06:41 AM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2016, 10:36 PM   #3043

The Ugly Duckling R33 LM GTR

Hi Everyone,

Most of us were introduced to this car through Gran Turismo.

But, did you know that only one exist in world? It is stored at Nissan's Zama DNA Garage in Japan.

Here is a brief history of how the R33 LM GTR came into existence.
Back in the early nineties, Nissan raced in the Le Mans racing series with prototype cars such as the R90CK driven by Mark Blundell.

By 1994, changes to rule book made these cars obsolete, and this affected Nissan's Group C racing program. New regulations all but abolished prototype racers, instead favouring production-based GT cars.

With the success of the R32 Calsonic Skyline, Nissan took the R33 successor racing.

The R33 LM weighed in at 1150kg, modified to RWD and it's RB26DETT engine was tuned to Group N spec - 400BHP. Aerodynamic kits were bolted on for cooling and grip.

In order to compete in Le Mans, the rule book at the time states that only one, and only one road-going version had to be made. The result....

The road-going version of this car was detuned to 300bhp.

Otto has accurately reproduced the R33 LM GTR in 1/18th scale. It was released in May 2016, and only 2000 pieces were produced.
When I opened the box for inspection, the first thing I noticed was that the wide body kit made the car look rather bloated, and yet it has a very aggressive looking stance.

The silver paint is rich and has been applied very well. Panel lines are crisp and to scale. Overall shape of the car is very good.

Wheels and rims are accurately modeled with rivets.

The interior features Nismo Racing steering wheel with checkered bucket seats.

I think Otto is really improving with their QC lately. In my model, there was no excess glue from the window trims (Otto known for this), and the model felt very solid. If you are a Skyline fan boy, you should add this model into your collection, because there are not too many R33 produced in 1/18 scale. And plus this definitely Skyline history.

I hope Otto will produce this car in racing livery. Please enjoy the pics.

Comments are welcomed.

Thank you,

William
Happy Collecting!
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2016, 11:03 PM   #3044
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
stellar posts William
one of the few reasons I still bother with RS...keep it up man thanks for saving our little community!
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2016, 08:36 AM   #3045
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,402 Times in 858 Posts
I've been out of the diecast game for a couple years now, but thanks to RS I just had to pull the trigger for the Devil Z and Blackbird. Can't wait!

Old 09-29-2016, 11:23 AM   #3046
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
for those of you looking for autoart spare parts... go here:

https://www.facebook.com/AUTOart-Spa...message_bubble

they just started this program, so the parts list will grow, as they have a whole warehouse full of defective models they have to go through and break up.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 09-30-2016 at 06:57 AM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2016, 02:28 PM   #3047

Otto 400R

Otto e46 M3 CSL

400R x GTR LM x R32 Nismo x R32 GTR Gr.A ver.

Man.... they make some good looking models now for those GT-R's... quite happy with mine. But I think the guys at otto did a marvelous job on the GTR 400R model.... the damned thing actually looks so real!

planning to let go two of my Autoart R34s...... still in box - one a standard V spec in Midnight purple and another is a Nismo S tune in silver. I got too many R34's!!

This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2016, 04:19 PM   #3048
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
no such thing as too many gtrs... shame.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2016, 08:27 AM   #3049

ToFu...Those Skylines loook sweet!!! Where you get those from???

William
Happy Collecting!
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2016, 09:25 AM   #3050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman808 View Post
ToFu...Those Skylines loook sweet!!! Where you get those from???

William
Happy Collecting!

The two R33's and M3 CSL were from you!

The rest were from Wilkinsons. I remember it took me two years to find the Autoart R32 Nismo

Almost forgot, got me a M4 GTS dealer edition...

not a bad model, but two complaints: wheels look absurdly big on the model.... and the carbon roof is missing (stock GTS have the carbon finish roofs)

Its by minichamps, but I guess ill hold onto this until GT spirit comes out with their own GTS!

I remember the GT spirit C63 AMG black dealer edition was a beautiful model...

Last edited by tofu1413; 09-30-2016 at 09:38 AM.
This post thanked by: